• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

YES SIIIIIRR!!! LATER GOOF!!!

wiseplayer

We gave up a ton but we have salary cap issues so losing 1st round picks can balance out an issue on a team that is ready to win. Snead and McVay have done a great job drafting and retooling. We don't have a Super Bowl losing QB anymore who has his head up his ass after the 1st drive of the game. Goof had no command of the game and continued to regress. Watch and see how bad Goof is with Detroit and how Stafford ascends with McVay.

We are going to watch the Rams, and probably fail with Stafford. The Lions nobody watches because they are the Lions.

We are going to watch the Rams, and probably fail with Stafford. The Lions nobody watches because they are the Lions.

in shocking news we disagree once again! Lol. Not on the lions, but I think Stafford and the rams are instantly one the favs to win the nfc.

Whether I agree with all their moves I love how aggressive rams are! I think it very good for the game as a whole. Sucks they didn’t act this way while in St. Louis!!

one the reasons the rams can give away those 1s like they candy is they have done a incredible job finding talent in the 2nd-3rd-4th rounds! They have a lot of starters that have came from those spots! There no question the guys rams get in return for their 1st rounders end up being every bit as good as what you could hope for by using those picks! Why not use the picks for guys who have already panned out and proven to be big time nfl players????? Long as you can continue managing the cap this a great strategy!! This exactly the reason a team should have no problem giving up 3-4 1st rounders for watson!

Rams have 4 picks between the 2nd and 3rd rounds this draft. If they hit like they have been, they won't miss those 2 1st rd picks that will be low 1st rounders anyway.

in shocking news we disagree once again! Lol. Not on the lions, but I think Stafford and the rams are instantly one the favs to win the nfc.
The Rams are a contender already and have been for a few seasons now. The question is does Stafford make them better? You may debate this, I dont think the Rams with Goff or Stafford win more games or make the Superbowl. I am not a fantasy guy I dont really do a great job speculating players but If I had to guess on season wins for the Rams it would be regression from 10 wins this season. Going forward also losing 2 first rounders they better win and quickly. I know of many teams thats do well (and yes the Rams have done well for a few seasons) regression occurs more often then not. I will go with or not for the Rams.

Just call it a hunch for now

The Rams are a contender already and have been for a few seasons now. The question is does Stafford make them better? You may debate this, I dont think the Rams with Goff or Stafford win more games or make the Superbowl. I am not a fantasy guy I dont really do a great job speculating players but If I had to guess on season wins for the Rams it would be regression from 10 wins this season. Going forward also losing 2 first rounders they better win and quickly. I know of many teams thats do well (and yes the Rams have done well for a few seasons) regression occurs more often then not. I will go with or not for the Rams.

Just call it a hunch for now

rams havnt had a 1st round pick since taking Goff! Lol. They do a really good job finding starters in the 2nd-3rd-4th rounds. I dunno how the manage to work the cap but im guessing it works since they have some really cheap players surrounding the high paid stars they trade their draft picks for! This deal actually gives them some cap relief the next few seasons.

I dunno if they win more games in regular season or not? the west is loaded and ya gotta assume niners will be healthy this year, cardinals could still be on the rise (although I’m not sure kingsbury the right coach there?), Seattle is seatttle,, nfc west and afc north by far the 2 toughest divisions so winning more than 10 is asking a lot! I do believe they capable of a much better playoff run with Stafford. He just opens mcveys’s offense up in a way it hasn’t been! With the ability to stretch the field and teams having to respect that I think the offense will be lethal to go along with the best d in the nfl. Now teams are gonna have to find a way to score close to 30 to beat them while with Goff it was more like low 20s gave teams a good chance to get a W!! I expect Akers is really gonna take off and have a monster season! He someone I’ll be targeting to draft early to make sure I get him!! Think he puts up top 3-5 rb numbers and could end up being in the discussion with cooks and Henry as best back in the league! Rams oline very good and there no way he gonna see many stacked boxes!!

Last edited:
rams havnt had a 1st round pick since taking Goff! Lol. They do a really good job finding starters in the 2nd-3rd-4th rounds. I dunno how the manage to work the cap but im guessing it works since they have some really cheap players surrounding the high paid stars they trade their draft picks for! This deal actually gives them some cap relief the next few seasons. I dunno if they win more games in regular season or not cause the west is loaded and ya gotta assume niners will be healthy this year, cardinals could still be on the rise (although I’m not sure kingsbury the right coach there?), Seattle is seatttle,, nfc west and afc north by far the 2 toughest divisions so winning more than 10 is asking a lot! I do believe they capable of a much better playoff run with Stafford. He just opens mcveys’s offense up in a way it hasn’t been! With the ability to stretch the field and teams having to respect that I think the offense will be lethal to go along with the best d in the nfl. Now teams are gonna have to find a way to score close to 30 to beat them while with Goff it was more like low 20s gave teams a good chance to beat them!
You know I'm a Cards guy and I'm less concerned about them, they maybe have a 2 year window...Donald will like regress very quickly which is traditional for his position although I do like their skill guys and of course Ramsey. But CB skills go fast too, we've been lucky to have PP but he's not good anymore. No top picks will kill this team, I prefer SF to them if they get the right QB. Learning to love Kyler as a thrower that can run as opposed to vise versa, couple years have been essential and he still gets too many batted balls, need a killer TE for safety valve. With Chandler back, the front 7 should be very good and need a CB too so at least we have a stud CB and safety. WR is fine if they stay healthy but at some point Larry will say no mas. Backup QB is clearly important with a fragile starter. Think Cards compete for the division this season.

You know I'm a Cards guy and I'm less concerned about them, they maybe have a 2 year window...Donald will like regress very quickly which is traditional for his position although I do like their skill guys and of course Ramsey. But CB skills go fast too, we've been lucky to have PP but he's not good anymore. No top picks will kill this team, I prefer SF to them if they get the right QB. Learning to love Kyler as a thrower that can run as opposed to vise versa, couple years have been essential and he still gets too many batted balls, need a killer TE for safety valve. With Chandler back, the front 7 should be very good and need a CB too so at least we have a stud CB and safety. WR is fine if they stay healthy but at some point Larry will say no mas. Backup QB is clearly important with a fragile starter. Think Cards compete for the division this season.

i think you overvaluing those picks. they have proven they don’t need them. Imo long as you capable of working the cap there nothing wrong with packaging and shipping your 1s out for proven commodities! I mean best case for the picks they trade away is they become close to the players rams getting! I think the way to look at is they used their 1s for Ramsey, Stafford, ect etc, other than the money it like they hitting a home run with every 1st round pick which we know doesn’t ever happen when drafting mid late 1st round! I think it a excellent strategy that they can keep themselves viable with long term. We shall see but I don’t think their window closes going about it this way. That their goal as they know they have to compete every year or risk falling out of la fans attention spans!!

I’m just not sure if kingsbury the right guy in zona? I love Murray but that offense is far to reliant on him making plays with his feet imo. They gotta get away from that or he won’t last! Let him use his legs off script every now and again when they need a key 1st down but let it just come to him and get away from calling qb runs, develop a run game with the solid running backs you have! If they don’t do that and make a big leap this year I would fire kingsbury. I hope they do cause I root for Murray and cardinals.

Well Drake won't be back I don't think but the pieces are there. Need a TE/safety valve, making the team good offensively w/o him running is important, his arm is why he was drafted first, not his legs...they are an ultimate plus.

Rams have a couple years man...I don't mind Staff there if I'm a Rammer but that defense will fall apart fast. I actually like the skill players there, that's wouldn't be my concern and you can't give up draft equity forever before you become the Bengals or Browns.

Well Drake won't be back I don't think but the pieces are there. Need a TE/safety valve, making the team good offensively w/o him running is important, his arm is why he was drafted first, not his legs...they are an ultimate plus.

Rams have a couple years man...I don't mind Staff there if I'm a Rammer but that defense will fall apart fast. I actually like the skill players there, that's wouldn't be my concern and you can't give up draft equity forever before you become the Bengals or Browns.

I agree, he throws a great ball, he just has to find windows. I like the other back they have, I dunno if he built to hold up to a rb1 workload but they can always draft a banger and have a 1-2 punch. Te def need as well:

Far as rams go, if you getting stud players in return and willing to spend on the free agent market I don’t see why giving away 1s a big deal? Especially how they have proven capable of drafting starters in the later rounds! I’d guess by time Stafford breaking down they will have found another qb to develop behind him (prob another later round guy!). I do agree with you bout donald, guys playing his position don’t tend to last real long. How old is he right now? I’d think by 30-32 he be a shell of himself. He not the kind of guy you can replace either, Donald’s don’t fall off trees and even when one does you can’t get them without a high draft pick! Thing is even if their defense starts to slip I think you gonna be surprised how much better this offense becomes, I have very little doubt about this! Stafford gonna make everyone better amd I think Akers gonna be what they been missing since gurley fell apart!!

This division continues to put all their chips in on winning now and no one is close besides SF. Love it.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ

I should say the Cardinals haven’t jeopardized their future and actually raped the Texans. But the Hawks and Rams have given up a ton of draft capital for Ramsey, Adams, and now Stafford.

Such a homer.

• Love
Regarding the Rams giving up 1st rd picks. Its been this way for 5 years and they're still winning because of how good they've drafted.
*ALERT* Rams have 4 draft picks this year between rounds 2 & 3. This is where the bacon has come with the current roster.
They'll be fine!

Regarding the Rams giving up 1st rd picks. Its been this way for 5 years and they're still winning because of how good they've drafted.
*ALERT* Rams have 4 draft picks this year between rounds 2 & 3. This is where the bacon has come with the current roster.
They'll be fine!

The irony is.. By doing that... They've made their window to win a sb very short. Salary cap is a mother.

The irony is.. By doing that... They've made their window to win a sb very short. Salary cap is a mother.
Yep gotta understand the cap to make these statements. They're fucq'd in a couple-3 years max and no 1st round rookie contracts to show for it then. McVey is tied to Stafford now.

Yep gotta understand the cap to make these statements. They're fucq'd in a couple-3 years max and no 1st round rookie contracts to show for it then. McVey is tied to Stafford now.
Hilarious KJ. How about knowing their cap situation before making a statement? Gurley and Cooks continue to come off the books and will be completely off in a couple years, as will what's left of Goff. Their cap will open up even more in a couple to 3 yrs. They have what they want already and will add with their early to mid rd draft picks.

Last edited:
Back