• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Super Bowl: Chiefs vs. Buccaneers Discussion Thread

Great storylines here obv....

Home stadium
Two generations of GOAT QBs.
Covid season
KC dynasty?
Brady here w/o Belly

I'm emotionally invested with my future.

With that being said, off the bat I think of a 10-14 KC win here.

I'm gonna dig in more, and hope the majority of us are wrong.
Yea this...

It would be be soooooo TB12 to win this game tho

Steve spagnuolo was the Giants D coach when they beat the Patriots with their high octane offense and their perfect 18-0 record in the Super Bowl. That was also the old Goat’s first super bowl lost.

square or not.......KC will be the play for me.......

Brady can't turn the ball over like he did against Green Bay and get away with it. The Chiefs are crazy underrated if that's possible. I'm blown away that people actually gave Buffalo a chance today. To beat this team you basically have to score every possession and even if you dominate the game they can still win.

Chiefs are incredible, the fact they coasted the way they did this year then flipped a switch to annihilate playoff teams is something we see in nba not the nfl! Yes the browns game was close but let’s be real, kc scored on every drive before mahomes gets knocked out and that was with him on one foot! No doubt they blow browns out had mahomes played the entire game.

only question/concern I have for kc is they lost another tackle in the game yesterday, Bucs edge rushers will have to play like mvp’s of the game for them to have any chance. Is there any doubt that coach spags will change from the outside pressure he brought on Allen (to limit him escaping pocket) to attacking Brady right up the gut as we know he hates?

I think that’s the case for a lot of nfl coaches. Some guys, like spags and Bowles, are better off as coordinators

absolutely, being a great cord really doesn’t have much of anything to do with being a great head coach. Some the very best wear 2 hats which amazing but also makes the line blur for ppl when in reality they completely different jobs. Another reason I don’t get hung up on the OC’s who get knocked cause they don’t call plays, don’t think that has anything to do with whether they capable of running a team.

It's gotta be worth at least SONETHING. If nothing more, being able to have your same routine, sleep in your own bed, etc.

I really don’t think it worth much of anything. Could a case be made even more distractions playing at home? I’m not sure, just curious what ya think?

Where’s @Capaholic I’d like to get his thoughts. And congrats on getting there again. I’ll never know the feeling.

I haven't dug deep here yet but as I mentioned in the NFC title thread, I have a lower opinion on Tampa than most. I was wrong about the GB game and I'll give them more credit than I have previously

However these two teams played in the same stadium against each other. When Tampa was no shoe-in for the playoffs. With all of their weapons. And KC did whatever they wanted until they mercifully coasted to the end. And Tampa won despite Tom Brady last week, not because of him.

I see what a lot of people here see. 4 quarters, I don't see how Tampa will be able to stop KC enough times. Underestimate Tom Brady at your own risk I have been told, I'd say the same about his counterpart.

I haven't dug deep here yet but as I mentioned in the NFC title thread, I have a lower opinion on Tampa than most. I was wrong about the GB game and I'll give them more credit than I have previously

However these two teams played in the same stadium against each other. When Tampa was no shoe-in for the playoffs. With all of their weapons. And KC did whatever they wanted until they mercifully coasted to the end. And Tampa won despite Tom Brady last week, not because of him.

I see what a lot of people here see. 4 quarters, I don't see how Tampa will be able to stop KC enough times. Underestimate Tom Brady at your own risk I have been told, I'd say the same about his counterpart.

packers lost that game more than Bucs won it imo. Yes Brady shredded them in the 1st half but the packers defense held him to basically nothing in 2nd half, made the stops when Arron demanded them to, then he came up super small with 2-3 chances to take back control of that game, I just don’t see any way mahomes and your squad does the same, they woulda won that game 40-31 had they spotted Bucs the same lead packers did and then it playing outside the same!! Losing the tackles the only concern I have and think is really the thing that hurt packers seeing how they were missing their best tackle as well, but I think mahomes steps thru and escapes to make plays on those ones Rodgers got sacked trying to get into the vacated area cause Bucs edge guys went little too far up field on initial rush. That the difference to me, mahomes makes those plays where Rodgers got sacked or didn’t. He damn sure takes that 3rd down at end to the house!

Aaron can deflect all he wants but I have no doubt if mahomes was packers qb they win that game or at least force Brady to score again.

Broken coverage for a Miller TD, Aaron Jones getting rocked. That is the game right there. Both sides have good to great pass rushes but Mahomes is more equipped to handle it than Brady. 3 INTs last week v. a guy who hasn't thrown 1 in the playoffs?

Also, Reid v. Arians. I will take Reid allllllll day long.

It's gotta be worth at least SONETHING. If nothing more, being able to have your same routine, sleep in your own bed, e
to each his own on this. I am not a football player so I dont know the difference between being at home and being on the road escaping reality and bonding with team mates.

I am trying to beat my bookie and a point spread. I am not trying to figure out stuff that I have no idea about.

How many points is sleeping in your own bed worth to you ? That's what matters to me.

Show me on paper something that I can see, so to me it means nothing to be at home. The books already know this and its already in the line. No advantage

Broken coverage for a Miller TD, Aaron Jones getting rocked. That is the game right there. Both sides have good to great pass rushes but Mahomes is more equipped to handle it than Brady. 3 INTs last week v. a guy who hasn't thrown 1 in the playoffs?

Also, Reid v. Arians. I will take Reid allllllll day long.

God I hope nobody tries to make the argument bucs have a coaching edge! Lol. Head coach it no contest, coordinators it close.

spags just gonna have to come up with a scheme to get the pressure up the middle in this game. That edge pressure they brought on Allen won’t do any good vs Brady. Luckily i don’t think any DC understands this and how to attack Brady more than coach spags. His defense is what prevented Brady’s best pats team from a perfect season!

Damn, last meeting they had 960 yards of combined offense with 46 1st downs between them! Do we think kc took their foot off the gas with the big lead?

to each his own on this. I am not a football player so I dont know the difference between being at home and being on the road escaping reality and bonding with team mates.

I am trying to beat my bookie and a point spread. I am not trying to figure out stuff that I have no idea about.

How many points is sleeping in your own bed worth to you ? That's what matters to me.

Show me on paper something that I can see, so to me it means nothing to be at home. The books already know this and its already in the line. No advantage
I took your question literally, thinking of course it's worth SOMETHING. Any player would rather be "home" vs on the road. Is it worth anything betting wise, probably not as all those things are supposedly factored into the line.

I took your question literally, thinking of course it's worth SOMETHING. Any player would rather be "home" vs on the road. Is it worth anything betting wise, probably not as all those things are supposedly factored into the line.

i understand the “factored into the line” argument but how many/if any points is that worth? It obviously not a true home field when it comes to fans, even if they were filling the stadium to the Max it wouldn’t be typical Tampa fans. As I asked you above I’m curious if it could be as much another distraction as a benefit? No way do I believe being in their homes actually matters to the game or how they play.

Maybe there is value with Tampa being in their stadium . I do like Tampa, first time this has happened. Only a very few teams in history have won and covered back to back super bowls. Cowboys the only one off hand I can recall. Did the Steelers? 49ers ? Patriots?

Buccs are "home" team so do get their own locker room and got to choose uniforms

They chose white jerseys so Chiefs will be in red for those who somehow factor that into the equation

Maybe there is value with Tampa being in their stadium . I do like Tampa, first time this has happened. Only a very few teams in history have won and covered back to back super bowls. Cowboys the only one off hand I can recall. Did the Steelers? 49ers ? Patriots?

I can’t remember the others but don’t think pats covered in either the b2b against panthers then eagles. I know they didn’t cover vs Philly cause I remember winning money on Eagles! That was back when I hated Brady and pats before learning to embrace them to win money! Lol.

Dallas def covered b2b when they blew out the bills twice, I recall we always knew the nfc championship game was in fact the de facto SB back then. Fact is winning b2b SB’s is hard without factoring spread in, good thing is fairly unlikely spread comes into play here, more than a push anyways. 14 of last 15 SB just had to pick the winner, the spread hasn’t mattered. Good if you like the dog!!

superbowl:

1 and 2 Packers ( I missed listing the Packers)
13 and 14 Steelers
27 and 28 Cowboys

I am not saying its not possible for the Chiefs to cover, but it doesnt happen very often. @ very good teams and elite QB's. This might be Brady's last? Mahomes has many more chances.

superbowl:

13 and 14 Steelers
27 and 28 Cowboys

I am not saying its not possible for the Chiefs to cover, but it doesnt happen very often. @ very good teams and elite QB's. This might be Brady's last? Mahomes has many more chances.

How many potential chances were there for the repeat and cover?

superbowl:

13 and 14 Steelers
27 and 28 Cowboys

do you really feel the history has anything to do with this particular game tho? Fact is it pretty difficult/rare to even get here b2b and win, so they already got the hard part out of the way. I don’t think whether teams covered in this spot means much. If it does maybe a better question is how many teams have gotten into this spot and not won/covered? Pats the only team I’m aware of that got to b2b and won but didn’t cover. Fact of the pats is anytime they had to lay more than a fg in SB’s they wernt a good bet cause they played all of them close as Fuck, they got me covering against atl but they did it in overtime!!

Back