• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread Time...

How upset are you bout Saleh? I actually think he was a good hire but guess you don’t feel the same way??
Brady was really the only one interviewed that I would have been excited about. Not a fan of Saleh but he was probably a better pick than the other losers they considered. The one positive I will take away is I can’t see them drafting Fields who would be laughably bad in a WCO.

If they pick Wilson I will be onboard. If they stick with Darnold or do the unthinkable and draft the WR from Ohio State masquerading as a QB they will be looking for a new coach and GM in two years.

Brady was really the only one interviewed that I would have been excited about. Not a fan of Saleh but he was probably a better pick than the other losers they considered. The one positive I will take away is I can’t see them drafting Fields who would be laughably bad in a WCO.

If they pick Wilson I will be onboard. If they stick with Darnold or do the unthinkable and draft the WR from Ohio State masquerading as a QB they will be looking for a new coach and GM in two years.

darnold career gonna turn out way better than wilson.

What has he done in his career to impress? Seems like an interim type of guy. No one else bothered to interview him, why? Lions smarter than anyone else? Idk man, seems like a Tom Cable type to me. Of course I hope I’m wrong but just thought there were better options out there and guys who are sharper.

Marvin Lewis or Campbell? I'll take Campbell.

Chiefs going deep hurts him imo

Teams wanna hire asap now, that plus his shitty interviewing really hurts him imo
Can’t believe teams don’t wait for their choice, if they really want EB or any other SB coach. How many years lost with wrong coaches (Gase?), instead of waiting a few more weeks for the right guy.

I want to be fair to Joe because he had the tools and he is skilled.

but there is no way anyone can deny his influence a ton

Brady at LSU had

1oa qb
1st round rb
1st round wr in jj
Top 10 wr upcoming in jamarr

O line had I think 3 kids drafted last year and 1 will be this year?

Let's not pretend brady took ball state to these heights

or he was just a late bloomer and had ton of weapons around him. He was doing fine in cincy with a guy I’m not sure gonna end up being much of a coach.
Possibly they both made each other, let's not act like LSU offense was some revolutionary offense with all that talent. They just became offensively competent finally. Shoulda been that way for years.

Eric B doesn't call the plays, it's pretty well known. He also might have the best QB of all time if kid stays injury free. The Reid coaching tree is suspect at the least. Kind of like Bill B., you just can't replicate it. That's my only concern.

Why are the only black coaches for serious consideration shit ass retreads like Lewis, Caldwell, Bowles, etc. Get someone young with a vision and never done it before like Flores.

darnold career gonna turn out way better than wilson.
Listen I was a Darnold fan and defended him at every turn but there comes a point where you just can't do it anymore. What do you guys see in a guy that had the lowest QBR in the league and threw only 9 TD passes in his 3rd season.

Darnold has only one more cheap year before they have to make a decision and either pay him or let him go. He just hasn't shown enough to make that gamble. The Jets have the 2nd pick in the draft and Zach Wilson is more than worthy to be picked there.

Eric B doesn't call the plays, it's pretty well known. He also might have the best QB of all time if kid stays injury free. The Reid coaching tree is suspect at the least. Kind of like Bill B., you just can't replicate it. That's my only concern.

Why are the only black coaches for serious consideration shit ass retreads like Lewis, Caldwell, Bowles, etc. Get someone young with a vision and never done it before like Flores.
These teams want to hire him but he just is incapable of laying out a vision in his interviews. He really has nothing to do with that offense that much is obvious.

Many credit Brady for the 2016 PSU offense. He was a grad assistant there for 2 years. Many credit Brady for the work he did with the Saints offense, utilizing Kamara and Taysom Hill. Many credit Brady for the LSU offense, winning a natty.
Maybe he’s just lucky he had guys like Godwin Barkley Gesicki Jefferson Chase CEH Burrow or maybe he helped develop them. He’s known as a whiz kid and started this shit when he was in his mid-20s. The best question may be how have these offenses looked once he left. PSU has never been the same, LSU down this year (for other reasons too obv), Saints perhaps not as explosive, Payton raved about him. Of course, there may be other factors, but he’s always been in high demand since 2016 and highly regarded in big circles. Was without CMC all year or the Panthers O I’m sure produces much better.

For the Lions to not sit down with this guy and pick his brain, inexcusable. Get to know the guy a little bit, you may want to hire him in 2-3 years if not today.
Between Lafleur, McVay, Shanahan. KK having a young offensive minded coach seems to be the rage in the nfl. To not hire is one thing, to not interview him is about as ignorant as one can be.

John Harbaugh
Ron Rivera
Doug Pederson
Sean McDermott
Matt Nagy
Brad Childress
Todd Bowles
Steve Spagnuolo

some iffy branches but pretty damn solid tree with 3 SB appearances and 2 wins.

after the most recent SI piece on Houston, Id be surprised if Eric B isn't the Houston coach.

The only roadblock in that happening would be Eric turning it down, which is possible since they appear to be a bit of a dumpster fire

after the most recent SI piece on Houston, Id be surprised if Eric B isn't the Houston coach.

The only roadblock in that happening would be Eric turning it down, which is possible since they appear to be a bit of a dumpster fire
Well, more Deshaun wants out news today. Idk who’s touching that job besides a retread (Lewis, Caldwell) without assurances DWat is there.

Well, more Deshaun wants out news today. Idk who’s touching that job besides a retread (Lewis, Caldwell) without assurances DWat is there.

The last thing the NFL owners want is their league to turn into is the NBA, so I don't think this happens unless someone offers the Texans a ridiculous offer

Eric B would be the ultimate PR move, for a franchise that desperately needs good PR, and it appears that Deshaun actually wants him in Houston

Listen I was a Darnold fan and defended him at every turn but there comes a point where you just can't do it anymore. What do you guys see in a guy that had the lowest QBR in the league and threw only 9 TD passes in his 3rd season.

Darnold has only one more cheap year before they have to make a decision and either pay him or let him go. He just hasn't shown enough to make that gamble. The Jets have the 2nd pick in the draft and Zach Wilson is more than worthy to be picked there.

I see him as a kid who never had a fair shake. Gase woulda ruined every qb in that draft (I honestly don’t recall the QBs in that draft but still a good bet). You are to emotionally attached to come to any sort of unbiased opinion on this subject imo. No knock on you, it just human nature pal.

imo there no freaking chance Wilson worthy of the 2nd pick. I dunno what next years qb crop looks like but if darnold proves to be garbage under new leadership they should have the opportunity to pretty much get whoever they want considering their pick be top 5 along with the pick they will receive in return for this pick!! The only way I don’t see this strategy working out is if we don’t have a team or teams who fall in love with fields of Wilson, long as that happens which it should, it will bring jets a huge haul and set them up to be the biggest players in next 2 drafts!!!

Can i get you to agree darnold has more god given ability than
Tannehill ? Assuming that is the case it sure seems like dropping Gase for a guy who can run offense will allow him to make a huge leap!! Imo year 2 is generally the huge jump in a new offense but think we will see everything we would need and more to sign him to a extension, could even work out where ya end up getting him in the 100 mil for 4-5 year range which could be a steal!!! Imo even if darnold doesn’t become the franchise qb he capable of becoming jets will still be set up in great shape with cap space and draft equity! Just feels like the absolute right move to me!! Unless they 100% sold wilson is the guy, which I have no clue how that be the case!!

it be a mistake imo. Outside Lawrence I don’t believe there a guy who a lock to be better than darnold and they can get so much draft equity!

that is not how the NFL works nowadays, unless they are completely convinced Fields or whomever will be a total bust , they are drafting one.

what is realistically the ceiling for Darnold, you are hoping he gets rehabbed and becomes Tannehill? How can anyone say that his ceiling is higher than that at this point?

ITs best that both sides move on

that is not how the NFL works nowadays, unless they are completely convinced Fields or whomever will be a total bust , they are drafting one.

what is realistically the ceiling for Darnold, you are hoping he gets rehabbed and becomes Tannehill? How can anyone say that his ceiling is higher than that at this point?

He's already better than Tannehill but on the wrong team. Def better than the other QBs in the draft although Lance is an outlier and WC offense will be perfect for him. I don't care either way but hope for his sake he gets traded to competency from that mess.

i have no problem saying his ceiling is higher than tannehill’s, I’m just using him as a reference since we saw the jump he made after getting out from under Gase. I actually think he has more ability therefore the chance to make a much bigger leap than tannehilll did. Ultimately they were able to get the most out of tannehill, if the same thing happens with darnold I expect the ceiling to be way higher. Doesn’t everyone agree darnold arm talent exceeds tannehill’s?

Reactions: KJ
He's already better than Tannehill but on the wrong team. Def better than the other QBs in the draft although Lance is an outlier and WC offense will be perfect for him. I don't care either way but hope for his sake he gets traded to competency from that mess.

that exactly what I been trying to say. Tannenhill was just example since we saw his leap after Gase, nothin to do with talent levels. Also agree I have no clue on the kid we havnt got to see play! If he anywhere close to things ive heard about him then this debate irrelevant and jets should grab him and don’t look back!!

Is Darnold responsible for any of his below average play?
He's responsible for somehow not being knocked out the league with that shit lack of talent around him like most QBs would be. Hell I think I upgrade him from draft day at this point. Someone might get a steal if the Jets are flat out idiots (duh) and yes, I've watched him plenty in the NFL. Like every QB he needs playmakers, not like this is quantum physics. It's football ffs.

ok, disagree, reminds me of some of the excuses I heard around Mariotta

what excuses? I never made any for mariota, I never liked him. Of course I did like Jamis! Lol

Surely we now know you can’t accurately judge a kid who been playing for Gase?

Hell I liked Rosen lol but still think David Carr coulda been awesome if he didn't go to an expansion team. Situations kinda matter in a game where you get pulverized for a living.

sorry, I thought I would have seen some glimpses of this high level talent despite the coaching . Like kinda how you see it with every say top 15ish qb in the league

you don’t feel like we have ever saw glimpses with Darnold? I feel like I’ve seen several next level type plays with his arm and even feet on rare occasions. I do think he has also flashed some terrible decision making as well. That def has coaching in it tho. I’ll surrender the fact he will always make some poor decisions, but I think those come as the result he has confidence in his ability to make big time plays.

you don’t feel like we have ever saw glimpses with Darnold? I feel like I’ve seen several next level type plays with his arm and even feet on rare occasions. I do think he has also flashed some terrible decision making as well.

no, I feel like he is destined to be a fill in qb starter for whatever team is still looking for their franchise qb. Then after a couple of years he becomes a career backup

Back