• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Play a game: Make that line...(Bama LSU edition)

Yes, full health both ways.

Discuss matchups too..
QB: LSU
RB: Alabama
WR: Alabama
OL: Alabama
DL: Alabama
LB: LSU
DB: LSU
ST: Alabama

Even though I picked one team over the other, it's not like it's a huge gap and I'm sure some will disagree with me. I think Alabama was better in 2020 than '19, and that team was pretty close to that LSU team. I think LSU may have more future stars in the NFL, but if we're talking just college, I give a slight edge to Alabama. Especially when factoring the huge mismatch between head coaches. Both were brilliant teams, and I wouldn't argue too much if anyone picks LSU

Even though I picked one team over the other, it's not like it's a huge gap and I'm sure some will disagree with me. I think Alabama was better in 2020 than '19, and that team was pretty close to that LSU team. I think LSU may have more future stars in the NFL, but if we're talking just college, I give a slight edge to Alabama. Especially when factoring the huge mismatch between head coaches. Both were brilliant teams, and I wouldn't argue too much if anyone picks LSU
The WR debate is the best one. Just loaded both ways.

You don’t think LSU has the better kicker and punter? Y’all got return game, but can’t see the K and P

You don’t think LSU has the better kicker and punter? Y’all got return game, but can’t see the K and P
Reichard didn't miss a single kick this year. I didn't really think about punter, because neither team used it much

XP Percentage
Cade York- 95.7%
Will Reichard- 100.0%

FG Percentage
Cade York- 77.8%
Will Reichard- 100%

Long
Cade York- 52
Will Reichard- 52

#6 is best WR I have seen since Moss. He would take over this game and dominate all by himself.

Megatron was good, but not on those 2 level imo.

Deep ball luck model definitely favors LSU
Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR I've see high point the ball since Amari Cooper, and I think he's better than Cooper. Hard to ignore what DeVonta did in his career though.

Yep. I think LSU had more great WR than this year's Alabama, but I think DeVonta/Waddle is better than Chase/Jefferson, but picking nits either way.

If the other 3 are as good as Jefferson in the League that would be mighty impressive; after watching Jefferson in the NFL I would have to go with those 2. After all, Chase is (more or less) slated to be the 1st WR taken this year as well, though recent events may change that outcome. Either way...the SECw, when you count Ole Miss as well, has become a WR factory.

Alabama -2

If the other 3 are as good as Jefferson in the League that would be mighty impressive; after watching Jefferson in the NFL I would have to go with those 2. After all, Chase is (more or less) slated to be the 1st WR taken this year as well, though recent events may change that outcome. Either way...the SECw, when you count Ole Miss as well, has become a WR factory.

Alabama -2
That’s the difficulty in an exercise like this, ignoring what players have done at the next level. Like I said earlier, I think 2019 LSU may have more top line pros than this Alabama team, but I think it’s fair to think that Alabama is better than they were. Like has been said, Burrow is objectively better than Mac. But you can argue Mac had a better season than Burrow did

Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR I've see high point the ball since Amari Cooper, and I think he's better than Cooper. Hard to ignore what DeVonta did in his career though.
I think Chase is the best NFL WR of the bunch.
You’re right, he rarely misses a 50/50 ball. Jefferson one of my faves of all time, though. Just his story and his influence everywhere.

Devonta in college was magic. Gonna wait to see what the NFL holds for him

I think Chase is the best NFL WR of the bunch.
You’re right, he rarely misses a 50/50 ball. Jefferson one of my faves of all time, though. Just his story and his influence everywhere.

Devonta in college was magic. Gonna wait to see what the NFL holds for him

Such a wide range of outcomes for him in the NFL imo; he could be a perennial all-pro or he could be Ted Ginn (who in his own right had a legit nfl career)

I also like how we are calling him by his 1st name and the others by their surname, haha

Yea @gps_3. Najee is the better back. Just more physically gifted than Clyde but man he was just sooo perfect for that offense. Glad he went to KC

how you think Najee would be in pros? Safe to say Henry is a stud. Man he’s better than I ever thought he’d be. So big and wrecks

Yea @gps_3. Najee is the better back. Just more physically gifted than Clyde but man he was just sooo perfect for that offense. Glad he went to KC

how you think Najee would be in pros? Safe to say Henry is a stud. Man he’s better than I ever thought he’d be. So big and wrecks
About mid-way through last season, I would have told you Najee would never make it as a pro. I think starting with the LSU game, especially when he caught that fade for a TD, he has been a completely different back. I think the move from Cochran to the new guys for S&C has done wonders for him. He's a tall back, which usually hasn't translated well (TJ Yeldon comes to mind), but I'm optimistic for him. I think very similar to CEH, he needs to be in an offense that suits his playing style. I don't watch enough NFL to know who that may be, but if a team tries to turn him into a between the tackles, 3 yards and a cloud of dust back, I don't see it working out

Back