• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

National Championship Discussion : #1 Alabama vs #11 Ohio State

after rewatching games and really ddiving into what Bama wants to accomplish. i am ready to make some plays on this game....

my first realization is that BAMA has some Amazing skill guys!! ballers!! they will get paid.... And a ststue of a qb who if given time will eat you for dinner... BUT this is not your daddys Bama and my inclination is That Satan will make some major overhauls in the system he is running starting next year the moment he sees just has bad ohio state will smack them around in the trenches. Now im not sure how a team can cover a 7+ point line while getting mandhanded at the LOS. Sermon will rush for 150 -200 yards. The ohio state tight ends will have a day, and Mr DUI will make some plays and get some yards yet it wont be like the year and a half he enjoyed while cakewalking his way through the SEC. this line is Way off!! and i plan to exploit it

I predict a 10 point ohio state win

OSU +8
OSU TT over 33
Sermon over 107 rushing yards
Ruckert over 35 recieving yards

agreed on the team total overs, but I don’t want to get too cute. I would hate to split those and see the game over hit and not be on it. Whole world is anticipating a shootout I feel like, so that seems too easy. Some value on the OSU ML. good luck!

Agreed. Absolutely can't count bucks out. Such a great dog.

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – Placekicker Blake Haubeil will be unavailable for Ohio State when it faces Alabama in the College Football Playoff championship game on Monday night. Haubeil announced on his Instagram page that he had tested positive for the coronavirus, leading to his absence.3 mins ago

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – Placekicker Blake Haubeil will be unavailable for Ohio State when it faces Alabama in the College Football Playoff championship game on Monday night. Haubeil announced on his Instagram page that he had tested positive for the coronavirus, leading to his absence.3 mins ago

I’d go out on a limb and say Fgs won’t mean much of anything in this one anyways, suppose could come up at the end. I assume they have a kid who can make extra points and kick off?

after rewatching games and really ddiving into what Bama wants to accomplish. i am ready to make some plays on this game....

my first realization is that BAMA has some Amazing skill guys!! ballers!! they will get paid.... And a ststue of a qb who if given time will eat you for dinner... BUT this is not your daddys Bama and my inclination is That Satan will make some major overhauls in the system he is running starting next year the moment he sees just has bad ohio state will smack them around in the trenches. Now im not sure how a team can cover a 7+ point line while getting mandhanded at the LOS. Sermon will rush for 150 -200 yards. The ohio state tight ends will have a day, and Mr DUI will make some plays and get some yards yet it wont be like the year and a half he enjoyed while cakewalking his way through the SEC. this line is Way off!! and i plan to exploit it

OSU +8
OSU TT over 33

total objectivity!

So more players out for OSU to come? Herbie said they weren't allowed to comment on it yet, but a couple 'significant' defensive players.

and i almost forgot.... the play that will blow Satans top. as his troops arent used to getting kicked in the teeth

OSU 1Half +6

I see the sheep have bet Bama up as i assumed you would have so i appreciate the donation!! see you in a few hours

and i almost forgot.... the play that will blow Satans top. as his troops arent used to getting kicked in the teeth

OSU 1Half +6

I see the sheep have bet Bama up as i assumed you would have so i appreciate the donation!! see you in a few hours

it’s funny every so many years a osu fan is actually right for a change in playoff and so proud of it.

it’s funny every so many years a osu fan is right in playoff and so proud of it.

covid issues are old news

feel free to check out ohio states record in games they are disrespected! this line is way off... vegas had bama clemson at 3 points .... it was and is very obvious osu is a td better than clemson. therefore this should be close to pk

talent is equal.. the difference is one team is fat and happy the other is a hungry wolf. you can follow the sheep if you want!! just trying to help some people think objectively

feel free to check out ohio states record in games they are disrespected! this line is way off... vegas had bama clemson at 3 points .... it was and is very obvious osu is a td better than clemson. therefore this should be close to pk

talent is equal.. the difference is one team is fat and happy the other is a hungry wolf. you can follow the sheep if you want!! just trying to help some people think objectively

And you are objective?

OSU 1Half +6

Not really accurate. The line has obviously creeped up, but actually, so have the betting percentages on Ohio St.

It may play out like you predict, but I can assure you that Alabama is not fat and happy

What’s it like being a Bama fan? Do you get butterflies for these games any more? Is it that exciting still? I’ll never know, just curious.
I still get nervous before most every game, but especially the big ones. There was a point about 7 years ago where I had to recalibrate because I wasn’t enjoying it as much. Having kids helped me put it in proper perspective

yea you nailed this, clown. Time to shrink back down in your hole where fan boys belong. This a gambling site, not fanboy clowns.com. You were right bout one thing, line was way off, only one team deserves to be here, us sheep knew that.

OSU +8
OSU TT over 33
Lol

I still get nervous before most every game, but especially the big ones. There was a point about 7 years ago where I had to recalibrate because I wasn’t enjoying it as much. Having kids helped me put it in proper perspective

enjoy the shit out of it, trust me.

OSU +8
OSU TT over 33
Im cracking up at rewatching games and analyzing like your ass is a scout. OSU got lucky Clemson defense was a no show. Struggled vs powerhouses of NW and IU lololol

Just a fan of college football and enjoy watching competitive games. Like 90% of the playoff games have been forgettable. Not everything has to be viewed through a gambling perspective, believe it or not
there will be no competitive games as long as the committee continues to choose the same teams

After tonight, I’m more certain than ever it’ll be almost impossible for Michigan to win a title. OSU kicks our ass for years now and obviously would have this year. And they go and get absolutely murdered in this game.

We are so far from OSU, let alone the Bama, Clemson, whatever other SEC team it’s not even funny. I feel it’s just hopeless now.

Hats off to Bama etc for doing it for so long but it’s draining the sport. Not their fault but I basically had zero interest in the game to begin with and after the second quarter I had none.
I have friends who are Mich, Sparty, OSU, ND or not really fans of any one team but used to love CFB. They’re all pretty much done with it. “Bama or Clemson again, yawn” is the theme. The games aren’t even close. Even my ND friend knew they had no chance and said it’s just a waste of time.

The sport has to expand the playoffs just to get a few competitive games and more fans interested. Each year, it’s almost like it gets worse. Sure Bama or Clemson will still get to the end but at least it changes it up a bit and keeps other teams, players and fan bases engaged.

I mean seriously, what’s the point of next year for a non OSU B1G fan base to even care, outside of gambling? Same goes for 98% of other fan bases. It’s just silly at this point.

there will be no competitive games as long as the committee continues to choose the same teams
I agree but there’s not much of a choice. Sure, Cincy argument I’m all for but they would have same fate tonight. Texas A&M, had their shot. Need to expand to get some competitive games. It’s become unbearable.

After tonight, I’m more certain than ever it’ll be almost impossible for Michigan to win a title. OSU kicks our ass for years now and obviously would have this year. And they go and get absolutely murdered in this game.

We are so far from OSU, let alone the Bama, Clemson, whatever other SEC team it’s not even funny. I feel it’s just hopeless now.

Hats off to Bama etc for doing it for so long but it’s draining the sport. Not their fault but I basically had zero interest in the game to begin with and after the second quarter I had none.
I have friends who are Mich, Sparty, OSU, ND or not really fans of any one team but used to love CFB. They’re all pretty much done with it. “Bama or Clemson again, yawn” is the theme. The games aren’t even close. Even my ND friend knew they had no chance and said it’s just a waste of time.

The sport has to expand the playoffs just to get a few competitive games and more fans interested. Each year, it’s almost like it gets worse. Sure Bama or Clemson will still get to the end but at least it changes it up a bit and keeps other teams, players and fan bases engaged.

I mean seriously, what’s the point of next year for a non OSU B1G fan base to even care, outside of gambling? Same goes for 98% of other fan bases. It’s just silly at this point.
Michigan of the 80’s and 90’s were awesome, but as soon as Qb’s became elite and hard to come by Michigan has failed to get it done. Overall poor coaching and the QB’s that that have had took the program to the dumpster. I don’t think Harbaugh is bad but his personality is keeping Michigan from going higher. On the other hand I don’t want to see Michigan go back in time either.
Your comment is very good! Alabama has been great for much too long.

you are obviously a bama homer so your view is quite a bit different than mine. but i didnt see osu catching any breaks last night... maybe a free 15 yards for an blantant targeting call, but it also lost them a down and clearly hampered fields accuracy as he showed he was able to toss more than 1 incompletion after the hit.. if anything i thought clemson caught a little luck just to get points on the board. so i would love to hear your opinion on that subject. also i find it amuzing that vegas opened the mythical clemson/ bama line at bama -4 before oho state dog walked Sunshine and crew. so wouldnt that make this line a tad overinflated?? public all of a sudden the right side this week?? asking for a friend

:badass:
You gonna talk all crazy now that Bama just beat the brakes off TOSU? This game was never close.

:pondering:

One of the biggest benefits of expanding is getting more parity in recruiting and transfers. It’s so easy for the same schools to get all the elite talent right now because kids wants to win and they know only the same 5-6 teams have any shot. Expand playoffs and you can start convincing the kids a little easier to not go to Ohio State, Bama, Clemson, etc and come start right away and maybe get in a playoff and see what can do

I think this comes down to all sports where certain teams dominate for certain amount of years........Yankees, Bulls, Patriots ,Warriors..... ......then the decline of these teams and you get other teams that takes their places......

gotta give props to Saban for understanding that it’s all offense nowadays compared to few years back where it’s defense wins games......him hiring Sark and Lane turning Alabama offense into another level.........

football and basketball is all about offense and utilizing athletes athleticism to gain advantage........if teams don’t adapt, they get left out.....

Lot of good points made but while I was watching the game last night I was thinking about exactly what Ryno said.

I coached high school and I can verify the kids are doing exactly what he said which is going to the high profile programs. And the worst of it is even though osu got beat big the kids know they still made it to the big games so they will still get in line to play there.

I like the idea of expanding the playoffs to help that but if they are as I suspect just going to take two acc two big10 two sec a big12 and a pac12 forget it. It won’t change anything. GL

Just a fan of college football and enjoy watching competitive games. Like 90% of the playoff games have been forgettable. Not everything has to be viewed through a gambling perspective, believe it or not

Fair point and understood. But after having been bitten of late it was nice to see a game play out where I could actually relax with an ATS result in hand.

If it allows access to every team in FBS, I am for expanding in some capacity. But to truly grant access to any team, I think you have to have auto bids. Not sure how that would work with the G5 conferences, but if they don't have an automatic way of getting in, then the fears of it being just more SEC or ACC teams or whatever is what will happen. If people want to expand the playoffs to get different winners, well just look at FCS and D2 that already have expanded playoff systems. Not a whole lot of parity there either

If it allows access to every team in FBS, I am for expanding in some capacity. But to truly grant access to any team, I think you have to have auto bids. Not sure how that would work with the G5 conferences, but if they don't have an automatic way of getting in, then the fears of it being just more SEC or ACC teams or whatever is what will happen. If people want to expand the playoffs to get different winners, well just look at FCS and D2 that already have expanded playoff systems. Not a whole lot of parity there either

I would take 1 g5 team and have the g5s save the last week or two of the season to let their champions play each other.

I would take 1 g5 team and have the g5s save the last week or two of the season to let their champions play each other.
I think that's the right answer. I'd also advocate getting rid of divisions in the P5 conferences and possibly conference champ games. I have no problem with an 8-4 team getting in by virtue of a conference championship game upset, but I know most would lose their minds.

Back