• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wild Card Round: Browns vs. Steelers Discussion Thread

Your thoughts plz

In simple terms, I'm going with the better offense. Steelers are not the same team without their stud lbers. Yes, browns are without LG, but oline depth is overall pretty good. The line moved against the Browns, but I don't forsee the gameplan changing much without the HC. Certainly not enough to warrant a 4 point line move. Jmo.

In simple terms, I'm going with the better offense. Steelers are not the same team without their stud lbers. Yes, browns are without LG, but oline depth is overall pretty good. The line moved against the Browns, but I don't forsee the gameplan changing much without the HC. Certainly not enough to warrant a 4 point line move. Jmo.
Its hard to believe they can't isolate Browns HC in a booth to keep him involved. Its a narrow minded approach by the NFL for the postseason. What if this happened to someone like Andy Reid in the Super Bowl? I think everyone would be ok with him in booth.

Last edited:
If you've got the Rona I'm spraying bear spray before my hot date maces you. Don't go out in public.
KJ, have you ever been sick with the flu and given it to someone else or have been around someone who had the flu? You're probably doing it right now without realizing it unless people youre next to are revealing their medical card to you.
Been going on for century's except these time we're wearing masks to help prevent the spread. None of these players have died nor have their family members who they're quarantined with have died. At some point the paranoia streak has to end.

I've never had the flu nor have known anyone who has died from it. I'm now in double digits of people whether family or acquaintances who've died from the virus in 10 months. I don't need your philosophy on it but th

I've never had the flu nor have known anyone who has died from it. I'm now in double digits of people whether family or acquaintances who've died from the virus in 10 months. I don't need your philosophy on it but thanks.
Relax

Steelers drew the one playoff team they can beat! Didn’t think it a good matchup for browns if they wernt having all the Rona issues.

you would think with technology these days the coach still be able to chime in:

you would think with technology these days the coach still be able to chime in:
He'll be somewhere with a headset, not sure why it's that big a deal. The guard is a deal. That said, seems like rematch in the playoffs after playing the previous week turns into a blowout. I don't have the stats but can't remember it being different.

He'll be somewhere with a headset, not sure why it's that big a deal. The guard is a deal. That said, seems like rematch in the playoffs after playing the previous week turns into a blowout. I don't have the stats but can't remember it being different.

yea I don’t see the coach being a huge deal, the Olineman without a doubt. Their line really good anyways but even with all the linebackers steelers have lost, this the last team you want to be shuffling your offensive line against!! Even without a run game steelers protect Ben and get after opposing QBs. Kinda sucks cause who wasn’t ready to fade steelers in these playoffs? I just can’t do it with the browns. Hell, steelers damn near beat them in a meaningless game for them last week!!!

Reactions: KJ
Nfl is a joke for how they are handling this

Not letting stefanski call plays is criminal

• Sad
Reactions: KJ
I get the justification though now that I've heard that side of it
What was it?

I haven't seen anything outside Dan patrick saying he asked the nfl and they said why didn't you make a big deal out of it with bevell a few weeks ago

Have him drive there himself, put him in a hazmat suit and walk him up to a box where hes all alone, doesnt have to go near anybody

What was it?

I haven't seen anything outside Dan patrick saying he asked the nfl and they said why didn't you make a big deal out of it with bevell a few weeks ago
The remote thing and the ability to cheat, I even heard someone suggest he could be watching live wagering lines to see what the consensus was on the next play call

Reality is cheating would be virtually impossible barring him hacking into Tomlin's feed, not like delay means anything which was the first absurd talking point but NFL doesn't want someone they can't control. At home he could have 20 different coordinators on the phone getting input from them as well.

The remote thing and the ability to cheat, I even heard someone suggest he could be watching live wagering lines to see what the consensus was on the next play call

Reality is cheating would be virtually impossible barring him hacking into Tomlin's feed, not like delay means anything which was the first absurd talking point but NFL doesn't want someone they can't control. At home he could have 20 different coordinators on the phone getting input from them as well.
Ya the at home thing I can see them having an issue

Which is why you get him in person

Get the hugh freeze hospital set up

Ya the at home thing I can see them having an issue

Which is why you get him in person

Get the hugh freeze hospital set up
Can't remember, was hugh at home?

Hard to see it going over well to have a positive tester travel for a game that fans aren't even allowed at, becomes a completely different issue to let him in the stadium

Can't remember, was hugh at home?

Hard to see it going over well to have a positive tester travel for a game that fans aren't even allowed at, becomes a completely different issue to let him in the stadium
He was in a box at the stadium in a hospital bed

Theres no reason why the browns couldn't get an RV and set up a quarantine in the back for stefanski, have it drive him to pittsburgh day of, have a box set up for him in the stadium have him walk up with no one around him, wearing a mask or whatever

Then call the game

he wouldn't come in contact with anyone

He was in a box at the stadium in a hospital bed

Theres no reason why the browns couldn't get an RV and set up a quarantine in the back for stefanski, have it drive him to pittsburgh day of, have a box set up for him in the stadium have him walk up with no one around him, wearing a mask or whatever

Then call the game

he wouldn't come in contact with anyone
I get the logistics and common sense of it, the politics of it could get messy. Not sure if Rooney wants to get involved in that

Steelers are 0-5-2 L7 1Q and only 1 of those weeks went over 9.5 (pit -.5/9.5 1Q today)

OK Browns coach out is huge, Bitonio out big, everyone thinks line was low to begin with...

what about the Steelers?

No Haden right? Or does he get a chance to play because it's sunday like Kamara? Terrell Edmunds is still up in the air. Boswell probably plays hurt. Is Ebron going to be g2g?

If the Browns came out and smacked the Steelers last week this line would be 3.5. All season the Steelers have been dubbed the most flawed top tier team, 1 win in the last 5 games. Suddenly everyone has faith in them to come out and win convincingly? I just don't.

I tend to think all the pressure was on the Browns to win last week, which they did. It was close in the end because the Browns coasted 4thq after going up 24-9. ALL the pressure is on the Steelers now. Steelers wr can definitely get behind the secondary but Big ben still has to get them the ball, and they still have to catch it (I'm looking at you Dionte). Baker 9 tds & 1 int the last 5 games. Big Ben last 5 played 9tds 5 ints. Chubb is a top tier back and they need to feed him early. I have to say right now Baker is the better qb. He's been getting sacked a ton which is a concern going against that front.
Actually like clev quite a bit myself

Back