• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 12 What Did We Learn?

It's ok to fall down and not score a gift TD and then 3 plays later on last play of game snap out of a shotgun formation when a bad snap and fumble recovery can beat you on the last play of the game.

I learned Heritage Almost Parlay counts cancelled games as losses. Pathetic.

New book recommendatuons

I've been with Heritage for years and have never seen this once. Including parlays of this past weekend which were graded correctly with cancelled / postponed games.

You may want to double check things.

Last edited:
That non-fumble review in the 1Q of the Coastal / Appy was the absolute worse booth review I've ever seen. Appy RB is pushing toward the goal line, body nowhere close to being down, guy stretches the ball and it gets knocked out. 100% a fumble. The RB is called down on the play, and the booth confirms? Wow.

Unrelated officiating call....what was that with Michigan RB Charbonnet in Q4? He got a carry, looks like he may have lowered his head on the run and the referee put him in time out for a play. Am I missing something / is this a Big 10 rule or whatever? Never heard of this.

I've been with Heritage for years and have never seen this once. Including parlays of this past weekend which were graded correctly with cancelled / postponed games.

You may want to double check things.
I did.

Almost Parlays. A cancelled game is like a tie agent and supervisor said. Cancellations are a loss

It’s the same old story with LSU. Sure they won, but it’s an uninspired bunch.

made this game to bad calls by refs. How Arkansas didn’t get the obvious fumble is beyond me.

App State led 17-9 HT, Coastal outscored them 25-6 in the 2nd H including a 38y pick-six in the final minute. 34-23 F. The game was already over most numbers of 48.5-47.5, but if you had an earlier 50.5 it mattered.

Ohio State led 28-7 HT. Indiana outscored them 28-14 in the 2nd H including holding OSU scoreless in the 4th Q.

Georgia Southern led 21-7 HT thanks in part to a 1y TD "drive" following a fumble recovery and a pick-six. A blk'd extra point in the 3rd Q proved the difference as Army was able to come back to win 28-27.

Illinois scored more points in the 1st H (28) vs Nebraska than they had in an entire game all year. 41-23, it's bad in Nebraska.

Texas St led by 14 at one point in the 1st H, Arkansas State led by 11 at one point in the 2nd H. Texas St was able to connect on a career long FG of 48y as time expired in the 1st H which proved to be huge. Texas St led 41-38 with 7 minutes left, Ark St took the 45-41 lead with 1:36 left, Texas St went back up 47-45 with just :34 left to win. Depending on numbers, Texas St is on a 4-0/3-0-1/3-1 spread run.

Memphis only led 20-14 HT vs SFA. Memphis had to settle for some FGs, one they missed and SFA got a pick-six. Odds makers posted Memphis -13.5/14 2nd H Memphis throttled them winning 56-14.

Rice led 10-0. North Texas scored 27 of the final 34 points.

UCLA and Oregon both scored on 1st H defensive TDs, Ducks getting theirs as time expired in the half. Standout Oregon LB Noah Sewell had a serious injury in the 2nd H.

Luke Fickell wanted to do the smart thing at the end of the game by killing all the clock rather than scoring and giving the ball back to UCF. But he also wanted to make the score look better, allow the kids to score and keep the "backers" happy. Note to Luke, pick one or the other. UCF led 14-3, but Cincy pulled ahead 19-14 and would momentarily trail 22-25 in the 3rd Q, but Cincy got up 36-25 before UCF scored with under 5min left. There was a D PI call on 4th down that helped UCF on their final scoring drive.

Oregon State scored on a 75y TD run first play of the game, Cal answered back and it was 7-7 within the first 5 minutes of the game. Game was 20-14 HT and I'm looking at 2nd H numbers and what do I see...the "live" total 45.5 was the same as the earlier full game total. They already had 34 points, were oddsmakers expecting a repeat of Beavs-UW from a week before (3 point 2nd H)? Or was this an error? After clearing it with my local, I took the over 45.5 needing just 12 points to win. It was that easy, although it didn't go over until 8 minutes left in the game.

Up 5 Nevada threw an INT deep in their own territory with just 3 minutes left in the game! San Diego State had a 1st and goal at the N04, but one rush and 3 incompletions later, Nevada escaped!

Wisconsin lost 4 1st H turnovers, although NW fumbled one of them back at the goal line. NW led 14-7 HT. In the 2nd H NW only had one drive that began in their own territory where they drove across the 50, that possession resulted in a FG. Wisconsin never got further than the NW33 in the 2nd H. Wisconsin and Northwestern have now split the last 10 games at 5 apiece.

Troy went up 3-0, but after MTSU got their first TD at 7-3, the Blue Raiders would never trail or be tied again.

Pitt was dominating the game early as VT only had 27 yards on their first 4 possession. Pitt had to settle for 3 FGs to lead 9-0. VT woke up and game was just 16-14 Pitt at one point in 2nd Q. From there Pitt scored the final 31 points! VT's 2nd H possessions ended INT, downs, missed FG, downs and time expiring all occurring or ending in Pitt territory.

Tennessee and Auburn were tied 10-10 at HT. Each team got an INT in the opposing EZ, but Auburn ret'd their's 100y for TD! Vols had three 2nd H drives get to the A22 or further end in zero points.

Oklahoma led 21-0 midway through the 1st Q.

Washington led 37-0. Arizona scored 27 4th Q points in the 44-27 Final.

Boise led 33-9 and 40-17 entering the 4th Q. Afterwards Boise had just 13 yards on their next two possessions. Hawaii got 136 of their yeards on their final two drives to make the final score 40-32. Hawaii kicked off deep with under 5min left and Boise killed the clock taking knees from the UH28.

That's all I remember from what I saw and some quick refreshing some scores and scenarios. I will probably have some more things to post later in the week.

Even an average QB in an air raid system can pick apart a college zone. Looking at you Kirby. I don’t know what they were trying to mask, but eventually you have to try to man up.

It's ok to fall down and not score a gift TD and then 3 plays later on last play of game snap out of a shotgun formation when a bad snap and fumble recovery can beat you on the last play of the game.
Not only was the execution so poorly done it looked like a SNL skit, the underlying assumption is not even correct.

It is based on fallacious reasoning. True, there is a remote possibility that if Cincinnati scores and goes up by 10 with seconds remaining UCF can go the length of the field and score, then recover an on-sides kick and score again. So remote it will never happen in our lives with the time remaining in that game.

The proper play is to run off as much clock as you can but then try your best to score on the third or fourth down, depending on the time left.

The odds were much better that with UCF down only three Cincinnati would make a mistake on the snap--which they did--and UCF would gain enough yardage to kick a FG. Still a long shot, but more apt to happen then UFC scoring 10 points.

And that doesn't even take into account the fact Cincinnati is trying to prove they are one of the four best teams in the country and their claim now is, well, we deserve to be in because we are such a good team we were afraid to score and go up by 10 with seconds remaining."

And it completely ignores the most important factor of all, the football player factor. You don't tell your team, guys. sorry, but my opinion of our team is so low I'm afraid to score because we might lose if we do.

They asked Barry Switzer about this same situation once when he was still coaching and he said, "hell yes we score. we're Oklahoma. And if there's any time left for someone to score then my guys know we're the ones that will be doing the damn scoring."

Last edited:
The SVP Sportscenter bad beat segment was something else. I had forgotten about the spread implications on App-CC as the line at KO was 3.5, but earlier it was higher. A few, um, questionable calls benefiting Hawaii down the stretch. The Abilene - Virginia segment was one for the ages.

That non-fumble review in the 1Q of the Coastal / Appy was the absolute worse booth review I've ever seen. Appy RB is pushing toward the goal line, body nowhere close to being down, guy stretches the ball and it gets knocked out. 100% a fumble. The RB is called down on the play, and the booth confirms? Wow.

Unrelated officiating call....what was that with Michigan RB Charbonnet in Q4? He got a carry, looks like he may have lowered his head on the run and the referee put him in time out for a play. Am I missing something / is this a Big 10 rule or whatever? Never heard of this.
Frank i'm with ya on that Appy fumble- i'm like WTF, couldn't be more obvious fumble ever! Nobody said a word, head scratching!!!!!!!!!!

The SVP Sportscenter bad beat segment was something else. I had forgotten about the spread implications on App-CC as the line at KO was 3.5, but earlier it was higher. A few, um, questionable calls benefiting Hawaii down the stretch. The Abilene - Virginia segment was one for the ages.
Bro I could not believe that. That was fucking gross

Yeah watched it today, that UVA finish was crazy stuff!

LSU outrushed Arkansas 148-104, but with just 3.0 ypc to Ark's 3.9. Feleipe Franks was actually Ark's leading rusher in attempts and yards (14-43y). Davis-Price led for LSU 24-104y. Arkansas was 0-for-10 3rd down to LSU's 12-of-23. LSU D got a 36y INT return to the 1 to lead 17-7 2nd Q. 20-14 HT. 29 and 50 yard passes led to Ark taking a 21-20 lead at the end of the 3rd Q. Ark extended it to 24-20 early 4th Q. LSU had a completion down to the A18, but holding brought it back and LSU punted. Next possession LSU scored TD with under 4min left. Ark drove down the field, but their 44y FG was blk'd. Arkansas outgained them 443-419 and Ark nearly doubled LSU's ypp (8.4-4.6). TOP was 42-18 for LSU!

Tennessee outgained Auburn 464-385 (6.3-6.0), including 222-165 (5.4-4.3) on the ground, but lost 17-30. Teams were an identical 9-of-15 on 3rd down! Vols had two empty RZ possesions. Game was tied 10-10 at HT, Auburn drove for FG to lead 13-10 to open 3rd then UT had a 1st down at the A15, next play they were INT'd and ret'd 100y for a 20-10 Auburn lead. Vols got as far as the A18 next drive, but were sacked on 3rd-and-4 and had to settle for a 37y FG which was missed. Auburn converted 3rd down 3x on their next drive and went up 27-10 mid 4th Q! Bailey came in a QB and he led the Vols to a TD with just 4min left...27-17. UT onside kicks. AU got as far as the T28, but were tackled for a 5y loss on 3rd down complicating the 4th down decision...had they not lost the yardage there AU may've decided to go for it, instead Gus kicked a 50y FG to go up by 13 (-10.5). UT got as far as the AU 34 when time expired.

Georgia was held to 8 - EIGHT - yards rushing (Zamir White 11att-21y), but passed for 409! (Daniels 28-38-401-4-3). Miss State WR Jaden Walley is their first true freshman receiver to surpass 100y receiving in a game since 2009. True freshman accounted for 61% of MSU's offense (217 of 358 yards) and all 3 of their TDs. Georgia never led by more than 7, in fact they often trailed or were tied. Miss State recorded 11 TFLs! (UGA just 4).

Missouri led 17-0! SC only crossed midfield twice in the 1st H and never got further than the M42. Tables turned in the 2nd H as Mizzou only crossed midfield twice and never got further than the SC39. SC QB Luke Doty started the 2nd H and he led SC to 3 points to open the 3rd Q. At 17-10, Doty couldn't complete the comeback as he was INT'd at the SC45 with under 3min left. Mizzou only outgained them 301-283 (4.5-4.1).

Vandy led 10-7 after the 1st Q. Compare that to other 1st Qs this year where Vandy has been outscored 66-3! After the 1st Q, Vandy punted 6 straight times never getting further than the F44 during that stretch. Dores only trailed 10-17 HT though. Gators eventually took control and did outgain them 586-406 (7.7-6.0). UF got up 31-10 and won 38-17. Vandy QB Ken Seals broke the freshman passing record with his 1610 season yards (Gromos 1985 and Cutler 2002). Seals has had three 300y passing games (5th QB to have 3 or more 300y passing games in a season for Vandy). Two of Vandy's top three RBs were out with injury and they only ran for 87 yards.

Not only did Army fumble near their own goal line resulting in a Georgia Southern 1y TD 'drive'. Army also fumbled at the G07 on 1st down near the end of the 1st H.

App State outgained Coastal 415-369, but threw 3 INTs to Coastals 1 fumble - 3 of those turnovers occurred in the 4th Q providing plenty of drama. App was leading 23-21 4th Q...Coastal's fumble was as QB McCall was about to cross the goal line at the end of an 83y drive. App St recovered in the EZ. All 3 of App State's INTs came in the 2nd H, two in the 4th Q. We know the final one was returned for TD, but the one before that is what set up Coastal to take the lead 27-23 with just 2min left. Call it justice for Coastal's fumble when they should've scored the go-ahead TD at that time.

Georgia State and South Alabama were tied 7-7 HT. GaState turned it over 4x in the 1st H! GaState ended up winning 31-14 with a 556-324 (7.7-4.0) TY edge. GaState QB Brown finished the game going 10-for-10 for 207y, in the game he passed for a career high 334 (but 3 INTs). Georgia State has 16 sacks in the last 3 games, their 7 vs South Alabama tied a school record. They had 12 TFLs last week and their 8.2 TFL per game ranks 13th nationally.

Last edited:
Nebraska was -5 turnovers, but also got outgained 394-492 to Illinois. Illini ran for 285!

Purdue outgained Minnesota 492-394 and lost by 3, we know why.

Wisconsin did outgained NW 366-263 and lost 5 turnovers, -4 net.

Ohio State ran for 307 (6.14), but Indiana passed for 490 (53.6% 9.6ypa).

Iowa only outgained Penn State 361-342 (4.9-4.7). PSU lost 4 TOs to Iowa's 1. Penn State led 7-3 before Iowa went up 10-7. PSU fumbled at their own 41 leading to a 8p 41y Iowa TD drive. PSU was then SOD 4th-and-1 and 4th-and-2 back-to-back possessions to end the 1st H, the later Iowa converted a 7p 49y drive for TD to lead 24-7 HT. Iowa punted to open the 3rd Q, but PSU fumbled and Iowa went 12p 54y for TD. Clifford came in the game and PSU then got two consecutive one play scoring strikes to cut it to 31-21 3rd Q before Iowa kicked FG then added a 71 pick-six to cap the scoring 41-21.

Michigan only outgained Rutgers 497-482 which was Rutgers' best yardage output this year (previous high 418 the week prior). It was also Michigan's best yardage on O as Mich hadn't topped 400y of O since MSU and Minnesota to start the year. Rutgers led 17-0! Mich's first 4 drives were fumble at R20, SOD R43, punt and missed 49y FG. Cade McNamara came in at QB and connected with Cornelius Brown to get Michigan on the board. Nordin missed another FG, this one a 53 yarder as the 1st H expired. Michigan returned the 2nd H KO 95y, but Rutgers got a 61y TD...24-14. Michigan scored again and Rutgers added a FG...27-21. Michigan converted a 4th-and-5 to open the 4th Q and soon had their first lead of the game 28-27. Michigan would extend 35-27 with 5min left. Rutgers went 16p 75y throwing a 4th down TD and a QB draw somehow got in for 2pt conv and the game was tied! Nordin missed his third FG in OT1, but Rutgers seemed content to set up their own FG...which was also missed. OT2 Rutgers got a TD and Michigan answered. In OT3, Michigan went for a 4th-and-1 from the 1 scoring a TD and Rutgers could not answer with their 4th down pass attempt INT'd in the EZ.

USC's box score with Utah implies a close game than the 33-17 Final as USC only outgained them 357-335 (5.4-5.4) with Utah losing 5 turnovers, -3 net. Teams essentially exchanged strip/sack fumble TDs, USC "drove" 4y for theirs while Utah's D scoop and scored theirs. Game was tied 10-10, then the teams traded turnovers again. USC was able to get up 24-10, 24-17 HT. USC kicked three 2nd H FGs of 24, 43 and 47 yards. Utah was SOD twice in the 2nd H, once at the SC10 at the end of a 75y drive and once at their own 27 which handed USC a free 3 points. Utah's final possession ended on an INT thrown from the SC36 and picked off at the SC02. Each team got 3 sacks, Utah had 10 TFL, USC got 6. USC was 5-of-13 3rd down, Utah was just 3-of-11 (1of3 4th down). Rising started for Utah 3-6-45-0-1 and was relieved early for Bentley 16-28-171-1-2. Utah's top 3 RBs ran for just 64y (4.6). Slovis 24-35-264-2-1. Malepeai was limited to 62y on 20 carries.

Back