• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

*** 2021 Recruiting Thread ***

Brockermeyer twins to Bama.

Tremendous loss for Texas. Their father was an AA there, their grandfather played there and their older brother is there now.

Huge loss for the Big 12 as well. The SEC is now getting as many--maybe more--of the top players out of Texas than the Big12 is despite having four teams located there, plus Oklahoma and Oklahoma State only survive because of Texas players

This will hold?

I bet they finish 1

They might, I don't know who is still on their board. When Ferguson commits Sunday, we will be up to #2 class. If we sign who we are expecting right now, and Ohio St still stays at #1, they will have a monster class, maybe the best ever

I can't recall ever seeing BC get a top recruit, let alone get one to flip from Florida, but that's what happened with this kid. Looks like the new coach is doing a great job so far

They might, I don't know who is still on their board. When Ferguson commits Sunday, we will be up to #2 class. If we sign who we are expecting right now, and Ohio St still stays at #1, they will have a monster class, maybe the best ever
That’s what they are saying.

I feel like they have been putting out the best NFL talent too. We are right there obviously as Bama.

Not sure how TCU is doing it, but they have suddenly turned into a recruiting machine.

First they got the #1 back from last year, who was originally committed to Georgia to enroll, then they got Brooks, a great LB who transferred from LSU to the Frogs, nwo they have added WR Spielman who transferred from Nebraska.

Bama did it again, this time landing DT Damon Payne, number one prospect in Michigan.

The future may be that all the top couple of hundred players will automatically go to the SEC

Bama did it again, this time landing DT Damon Payne, number one prospect in Michigan.

The future may be that all the top couple of hundred players will automatically go to the SEC

Good ole Belleville.

There is a story behind the coach there and JH fyi.

Clemson is keeping pace, added one of the best DLs in the country, Payton Page, to their list.

Boy, they have landed a ton of DL talent over the last decade or so.

Just in case this hasn't been shared. What.A.Story. LOL Harbaugh. Take them cleats off, bro.

That’s up there with Marvin Wilson and the honey chicken tenders.

Just in case this hasn't been shared. What.A.Story. LOL Harbaugh. Take them cleats off, bro.

That's not how that went down lol.

It's well known how big of a bag his mom got there.

And I’m not saying anyone else is above it beneath it. Maybe some do maybe some don’t.

but yea, UGA of recent is out there

I just thought how he told the story was funny as hell. We all know it's a crooked world and 1) no hug and 2) cleats on momma's hardwood floors were the excuses used.

I just thought how he told the story was funny as hell. We all know it's a crooked world and 1) no hug and 2) cleats on momma's hardwood floors were the excuses used.
Oh, no doubt about it.

It's a funny story overall , no doubt.

But momma got paid.

And yeah as Twinkie/GPS said ...it happens down there but the big ones now are UGA and Tennessee.

Tenny.....lol. I don’t have time to peruse but what they are doing is crazy.
Like when Ole Miss pulled 5 stars outta Chicago

Ole Miss was just so obvious and proud of it, it was always just a matter of when they got in trouble. UGA guys aren't exactly hiding it lately either, but surely they are smarter than Ole Miss was

Ole Miss was just so obvious and proud of it, it was always just a matter of when they got in trouble. UGA guys aren't exactly hiding it lately either, but surely they are smarter than Ole Miss was
Well for one, it doesn’t look AS crazy as OM
That was insane

In the long term, paying players to come does not work out well. Guys who come for the money are never as motivated and as loyal to the school as the guys who come because they love the school and the coach. And they see part of the deal as getting to play right now and if they don't they start to get unhappy and spread it to the team.

I always wondered if that's what happened to Mack Brown at Texas. Mack is a great coach and a legendary recruiter and not saying he has to pay players, but other factions at Texas are willing to make life a little easier for a star's family. Texas always had great players, tough players who gave everything, then they suddenly became a program of spoiled 5-star under-performers overnight and they've never recovered

I always thought Barry Switzer's approach made the most sense. He was not shy after he retired about how he did things and he said, "I wouldn't give a player a damn nickle to come play for me. They have to come because they want the challenge to be their best, but once a kid is on campus and doing his best you can bet your ass I'm going to make sure he isn't walking around without a cent or a nice, warm coat."

Last edited:
I know one of the reasons that Saban's recruiting translates so well to the field is that they do their best to identify players that love to play football just for the sake of playing. We missed on a few of those in recent classes, esp on defense, and we saw what happened in some of the biggest games

I know one of the reasons that Saban's recruiting translates so well to the field is that they do their best to identify players that love to play football just for the sake of playing. We missed on a few of those in recent classes, esp on defense, and we saw what happened in some of the biggest games
You’re biggest lineman fish out of LA is a perfect example of the last sentence

Jake Garcia, very good QB prospect out of Orange County, committed to USC, announced today he is transferring to Valdosta, Ga for his senior year.

Reason was California high school football was moved to Spring and he wanted to play in the fall and start at USC in the spring.

Still committed to USC and says that will stick, but as soon as he realizes the vast difference in interest and intensity in southern high school ball he's bound to reevaluate things

More dominoes falling as states moving high school ball to the spring allows the elite seniors to consider their options.

Colorado just made the decision and changed the plans of some of the stars. I see right now that this is going to open a lot of eyes of parents and players and I expect to see more transferring in years to come. If the parents have the means and see it as a benefit--and there's no doubt at all it is in some cases--then no reason why the elite level players shouldn't consider it

Florida added one of the best CBs in the country our of Miami Palmetto HS. That must be a loaded HS team because they have 3 other players in the ESPN top 300 on that one team in addition to this guy

Jake Garcia, very good QB prospect out of Orange County, committed to USC, announced today he is transferring to Valdosta, Ga for his senior year.

Reason was California high school football was moved to Spring and he wanted to play in the fall and start at USC in the spring.

Still committed to USC and says that will stick, but as soon as he realizes the vast difference in interest and intensity in southern high school ball he's bound to reevaluate things

His dad played at Nebraska so I'm sure he knows

Texas is happy today. They got a commitment from the top junior QB in the country, the #1 QB in rivals rankings and the #1 recruit overall in the ESPN rankings for 2022.

Coaches are saying his performance last year was the greatest sophomore performance since Kyler Murray and he was named Sophomore of the Year by various prep magazines

From South Lake Carroll one of the most storied programs in Texas prep history

@B.A.R. what was the deal with Grimes? Michigan pull his offer?
Definitely a surprise.

Mich was going to be talking to him tomorrow.

They wanted him at CB...Neb might let him be a WR I believe.

I literally just started reading about this when I saw your post. Figured that one was in the bag.

I know one of the reasons that Saban's recruiting translates so well to the field is that they do their best to identify players that love to play football just for the sake of playing.
You can say the same for Dabo, can't you? Mike Mayock probably agrees with you, too.

Alabama is supposedly getting a pretty high profile player to flip commitments tonight. Rumor is that it’s Jalen Milroe

You won't see this very often in your life--S Caro got a talented junior QB out of Georgia that Georgia wanted.

How many QBs from the state of Georgia have won national championships since UGA won the title in 1980?

All three of Clemson's championship QB's were from Georgia (including Homer Jordan from Athens the very next year).

I've noticed for years how many good players came out that state and played elsewhere. Auburn routinely gets them , Clemson does, Oklahoma has gotten a few out of there.

How many QBs from the state of Georgia have won national championships since UGA won the title in 1980?

All three of Clemson's championship QB's were from Georgia (including Homer Jordan from Athens the very next year).
Wasn’t Cam Newton from Georgia?

Back