• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Melo Retires...

He and Gerry McNamara cost me a lot of money I didn’t have one night in April of 2003
Brutal memory for me as well. GMc had 6 3’s in the first half and didn’t score again. KU shot 40% from the foul line if I recall.

I was supposed to go to SU before changing very late. My planned roommate obviously went and was a big Melo fan. I told him 20 years ago I will bet you $20k that Melo never wins a ship as the teams first or second best player. It’s time to collect.

Melo’s little spurt in Portland was impressive in my opinion. His Thunder and LAL runs not so much.

He robbed the Knicks the chance to win a championship by forcing a trade mid season that robbed their roster of all of its talent - mainly Felton and the Rooster. If he went there in the summer as a FA that roster would have been loaded with Felton, JR Smith, Melo, Gallinardi, and Tyson Chandler.

Melo’s little spurt in Portland was impressive in my opinion. His Thunder and LAL runs not so much.

He robbed the Knicks the chance to win a championship by forcing a trade mid season that robbed their roster of all of its talent - mainly Felton and the Rooster. If he went there in the summer as a FA that roster would have been loaded with Felton, JR Smith, Melo, Gallinardi, and Chandler.

Also lost Wilson Chandler in that deal, too.

He robbed the Knicks the chance to win a championship by forcing a trade mid season that robbed their roster of all of its talent - mainly Felton and the Rooster. If he went there in the summer as a FA that roster would have been loaded with Felton, JR Smith, Melo, Gallinardi, and Tyson Chandler.
The Portland spurt was ultra impressive. I didn't see that coming.

One of the best pure scorers ever.

Back