• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

WCF's: Lakers vs Nuggets Discussion

Nuggs in 5 most likely, Lakers winning a game would be an upset but we know how much fun it will be trying to figure out which game

Never a fan of teams from a city that hasn't been there before, the stress and buildup are real. But they outclass at every position

Nuggs in 5 most likely, Lakers winning a game would be an upset but we know how much fun it will be trying to figure out which game

Never a fan of teams from a city that hasn't been there before, the stress and buildup are real. But they outclass at every position
I think Lakers get at least 2… home games probably

Complete opposite here.

Lakers in 6 max, but closing in G5 wouldn't surprise me either.

Two bad coaches - PUSH

One top notch defense - LA Lakers

Slight edge bench -LA Lakers

Benefit of officials - LA Lakers

Denver will need Jamal to be "bubble Murray" most games, not 2 or 3.

Denver role players finally showed up in a road playoff game the other night. Can they do that multiple times at Staples ?

If I'm LA, I let Joker get 38+ a night and enjoy my time off before NBA finals.

Lakers offense will be consistent versus a pedestrian Nuggets defense.

Meanwhile, this Lakers defense that has transformed since the deadline, will frustrate Denver just enough.

Tuesday start is HUGE for the Lakers. The rest is needed.

Lakers split at Pepsi Center. They should take both at home. I'll allow for an emotional Denver win at home in 5th game (probably with Foster in the house). Game 6 will be another Lakers closeout, blowout...

I will start ground zero and chase Murray points

It only makes sense. Who can't he get around?

AD is just as good as Joker when you account for both ends of the floor. It’s his healthy we ridicule. Not his game. And he’s the only big I’ve seen bother Joker.

Series line says it’s a PK if every game was on a neutral.

Nuggets haven’t played anyone yet.

Lakers and Heat were burning me in the first round but I course corrected. Will not doubt either now. Slight lean to the Nuggets.
I’ll go with Denver in 7. Thinking about playing the Nuggets big in game 1 though.

I liked Denver before I saw the series line. Not sure that means I’ll play LA, however, I was shocked not to see the series line higher. As basic as that sounds, that’s all I needed to see to stay away from it.

Has anybody ran in Denver. I have. A mile feels like you have a weight vest on. Won't the altitude come in to play?

Had lakers not had this rest I didn’t know how they were gonna win a game in Denver. I think they be primed to steal game 1 now. Then the key will just be protecting home court cause I doubt they winning 2 in Denver. It gonna be really tough for bron and AD going 40+ min up there. I think every game this series is played on just 1 day rest so gm1 could very well decide this series.

Going into this I love Murray scoring props for a multitude of reasons

And would fade AD props if this is all built on him defending Joker. That's a ton of work, hard to see him putting up numbers when he's focused on defending the beast

Going into this I love Murray scoring props for a multitude of reasons

And would fade AD props if this is all built on him defending Joker. That's a ton of work, hard to see him putting up numbers when he's focused on defending the beast

In Denver I think you probably spot on, can’t see him expending the energy he needs to on d and boards then scoring 25+ in altitude. Might be smart to look live cause he been coming out strong with scoring and faded almost every game. Let him get 10 in the 1st qrtr then fade the shit out of him. I’ve never followed the props live, im assuming they fluctuate a bit seeing how much the game lines swing.

In Denver I think you probably spot on, can’t see him expending the energy he needs to on d and boards then scoring 25+ in altitude. Might be smart to look live cause he been coming out strong with scoring and faded almost every game. Let him get 10 in the 1st qrtr then fade the shit out of him. I’ve never followed the props live, im assuming they fluctuate a bit seeing how much the game lines swing.
Live props are fascinating. I love them.

Live props are fascinating. I love them.

This is honestly the 1st time I’ve given them a thought, seems like they would be great for AD this series. His scoring slowed down I think every game against dubs, having to guard Jokic at altitude you would think it a given. He prob come out aggressive but no way he can do it for 4 qrtts, maybe not 3!!

I don’t understand gm1 line. How in the world is the series price so close but nugs are freaking -6 tonight? That only 2 points less than the -500 C’s are laying to Miami! This feels like the best chance lakers have of winning a game In Denver, isn’t it? After tonight I think stamina becomes more of a issue every game, only 1 day off between every game this series!! If lakers gonna win in Denver now is the time imo. Bron loves stealing gm1 and when he does he almost always wins the series. They should be all in tonight seeing how this as fresh they ever gonna be. I suppose this could be a wire to wire blowout win for nugs that has bron and AD playing low minutes but that just doesn’t seem likely to me.

Obviously lakers have to win at least 1 in Denver, they might have to win 2 cause nuggets could absolutely take 1 in la. Just don’t understand the line but I’m not sure I want to get trapped into backing lakers gm2 also. If I bet them here and they lose then I have a whole new problem in gm2, lol. This a really strong nugs line but this also the game I think lakers have the best chance to steal and a game they really need to win. I’ve wondered a bunch if lakers can win in Denver and the answer was usually if they get extra rest before game 1. I think I have to take +6.

I think nuggets have a edge w role players but gotta give lakers credit, they have shown up on road on more than 1 occasion (as have nuggets guys). Bron and AD could get a big game from one the other guys in any given Denver game, I just think tonight would be the night for the stars to give their best performance in Denver.

AD going completely unselfish has been so refreshing to see, people pointing out his scoring has dropped, but that's the sacrifice hes making. His defense is most important thing left in playoffs for any team

He had kerr so flummoxed he had 4 different starting lineups, I dont see Malone figuring it out

Bron is too, at the other end, hes playing off ball more than he ever has, but when he goes on his run where usage spikes up, usually once per half, he looks like bron of years ago on offense, and its because hes resting so many more possessions

Denver has given us zero reason to believe they can get beat at home in the playoffs. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen obviously, but until it does, I can’t stomach betting against them.

Well, the old saying is that a series doesn't start till a road team wins a game.

That is fine and all but this is a brutal loss for the Lakers.

Their stars played terrible in the scoring department.

LeBron seemingly wanted to give the game away.

The Lakers got the pace to their liking basically after the first 6 minutes but refused to get a lead higher than 11 points. They let them hang, went cold, and Denver got hot.

Ballgame.

What we saw from 6 mins in till the early parts of the 4th is what I expected tbh in the Denver home games... A bit lower scoring and Lakers making things tougher on defense.

Denver stole one, at home, and that's a great feeling.

The Lakers need to do a few things in order to get both home wins...

1. Stop the ball in transition
2. Someone in the organization has to sit LeBron down and go over the cold hard facts of his 3 point shooting, especially in the 4th quarter.
3. Keep controlling pace like they did most of this game.

Despite having Davis and James play awful scoring games, they had a DD 3rd quarter lead. They most definitely can be better than Denver. They must be the next two games.

Well, the old saying is that a series doesn't start till a road team wins a game.

That is fine and all but this is a brutal loss for the Lakers.

Their stars played terrible in the scoring department.

LeBron seemingly wanted to give the game away.

The Lakers got the pace to their liking basically after the first 6 minutes but refused to get a lead higher than 11 points. They let them hang, went cold, and Denver got hot.

Ballgame.

What we saw from 6 mins in till the early parts of the 4th is what I expected tbh in the Denver home games... A bit lower scoring and Lakers making things tougher on defense.

Denver stole one, at home, and that's a great feeling.

The Lakers need to do a few things in order to get both home wins...

1. Stop the ball in transition
2. Someone in the organization has to sit LeBron down and go over the cold hard facts of his 3 point shooting, especially in the 4th quarter.
3. Keep controlling pace like they did most of this game.

Despite having Davis and James play awful scoring games, they had a DD 3rd quarter lead. They most definitely can be better than Denver. They must be the next two games.
It’s number 2 for me

Bubble Murray started 2-3..

Was I think 5-18 (2-9) late third and finished hitting his last 6-6 of the game including 5 three's..

He was bad for 2+ quarters but great in winning time.

Overall, he had 23 points in the last 9:59 which included I think 7 FTs in the last min or so.

Impressive.

I turned off at 96-84 but what a bad beat for 2h under bettors (or push)... 31 points in last 5:32.

Lakers -5/223.5 for Game 3.

Ten point flip not uncommon for playoffs..

Books gonna make you pay a hefty tariff to bet the Lakers in a win or season basically done game.

Back