• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Lakers vs Warriors Discussion Thread

Lakers team D was impressive vs Memphis. It’ll be interesting to see if they can stay healthy and keep up that level of intensity. If anyone would have said this Laker team has a legit shot to make the conf finals a month ago, I would have thought he/ she was crazy.

Lakers team D was impressive vs Memphis. It’ll be interesting to see if they can stay healthy and keep up that level of intensity. If anyone would have said this Laker team has a legit shot to make the conf finals a month ago, I would have thought he/ she was crazy.
FWIW Memphis was probably the best possible first round matchup for them

I’m not buying in to the Lakers. Similar to the Knicks, I think both teams got fortunate in their Round 1 matchups, injuries, etc…and they’re both done in Series 2.

G1 will be a watch and learn for myself.

I'll stalk an under if we get a very hot start.

Same. I really want to play lakers ml cause I think they take one in gs and this feels like the one to me. Prob kick myself for passing.

If that wasn’t bad enough I did something probably really dumb. I played looney under 12.5 boards! The only thing I been consistently winning all playoffs is looney over boards as he smashed this number every game since Draymond suspension! I told myself if they kept the same numbers vs lakers I was playing under! Considering how much he was beating it by last series this prob the right number here, the scary part is lakers miss a lot of shots! The part I like is he got a bunch of offensive boards vs kings, I wouldn’t think bron and AD would let him get those! Far as I could tell he only got this many defensive boards once, it was equaling his defensive boards on offensive glass that was getting him those monster numbers. Lakers box out and I could see him being at closer to 10–11..

This game was 65-64 at halftime...

The 2h total made this 241.5 entering the half.

Game went over the opening total by a point (not sure what this closed at).

2h and live unders hit pretty easily.

Both AD and Looney had 23 rebounds. Wow!

Warriors shot attempts are wild but the lack of FTs correlates there.

Points in the paint is what you expect.

The GSW 3s are nutty.

I need a breakdown of Curry vs Vandy when both were on the floor.

Bron and AD were well rested and played a ton of minutes In game 1, if we know anything about AD we can pretty much guarantee he not putting up another game like that in this one. Dubs had the quick turn around so prob wasn’t much game planning, I know AD a bad matchup for them but I assume they will do a better job on him tonight and again even if they don’t do we think he will repeat that performance?

They raised looney rebounds up 1 to 13.5, have they been watching him? I really don’t see how that enough? He had 8 damn boards in the 1st 7 min of game 1 before he started torturing lakers on the offensive glass, I’m now convinced there pretty much no stopping this dude from getting 15+ every night! Certainly not a old lakers team without the extra rest, he will probably have 20 more rebounds tonight!

Another thing I expect to be a constant in this series is Poole should continue getting his. They did raise his number up 3 points from game 1, that was smart of them, I was gonna be all over 11.5 if they posted that again, I have to think bout 14.5. Don’t think we can count on him shooting 6-11 from 3 every night! His 3 point number is only 1.5 w a bunch of juice to the over, gotta think he makes 2. They continue to make bron 2.5 treys, Mfer shooting 18% in the playoffs. I don’t think he has made 3 treys in any game! I’m sure he will keep jacking them up but I’m tired legs is he really gonna get hot? I doubt it.

If I expect AD to be less involved tonight then I probably gotta like bron over 9.6 boards again, him and looney rebounds been my best props all playoffs! My only concern tonight is I’m not sure this game particularly close so he might not be playing a bunch of minutes in the 4th. Think I’ll stick w his under 3s.

This game was 65-64 at halftime...

The 2h total made this 241.5 entering the half.

Game went over the opening total by a point (not sure what this closed at).

2h and live unders hit pretty easily.

Both AD and Looney had 23 rebounds. Wow!

Warriors shot attempts are wild but the lack of FTs correlates there.

Points in the paint is what you expect.

The GSW 3s are nutty.

I need a breakdown of Curry vs Vandy when both were on the floor.

I’d be curious to see what the Curry/Vandy numbers say as well. This reminds me of T. Lue being glued to Iverson in 2001.

-23 at the FT will rarely get it done. They play such wussy basketball. Need to move the 3 pt line back a ways to make the Chinese National Basketball Association watchable again.

I don’t think this game particularly close, I’d guess bron and Ad don’t play heavy minutes unless the role players keep them in it. I think warriors be up big by 4th and they be sitting. They play again Saturday and bron knows game 3 way more important than tonight. Better to be fresh in game 3. He prob Jack bunch of 3s, maybe he finally makes some tonight? How long can he shoot 18%?!??? Lol.

No way do I see AD going over his point total, he a dead under 26.5 points for me tonight. Looney over 15+ boards and over 8+ points, Poole over 12+ points and 2+ 3’s. I played Steph ov 30.5 but I don’t like that so much, like I said I don’t think it close in the 4th so I doubt he still be firing away, he will have to play long enough to make sure it put away but I think this a role player kinda might and Steph most likely somewhere in the 20s, hope I wrong bout that.

I don’t think this game particularly close, I’d guess bron and Ad don’t play heavy minutes unless the role players keep them in it. I think warriors be up big by 4th and they be sitting. They play again Saturday and bron knows game 3 way more important than tonight. Better to be fresh in game 3. He prob Jack bunch of 3s, maybe he finally makes some tonight? How long can he shoot 18%?!??? Lol.

No way do I see AD going over his point total, he a dead under 26.5 points for me tonight. Looney over 15+ boards and over 8+ points, Poole over 12+ points and 2+ 3’s. I played Steph ov 30.5 but I don’t like that so much, like I said I don’t think it close in the 4th so I doubt he still be firing away, he will have to play long enough to make sure it put away but I think this a role player kinda might and Steph most likely somewhere in the 20s, hope I wrong bout that.

Bron 20+, AD 10+ boards, Steph 4+3s makes a fun carnival bet at DK at +120 for $25

Biggest concern would be Bron ffs

Absolutely no opinion here today.

I want to like AD props badly. I really don’t think it was dubs game plan that stopped him game 2, I don’t think they can have much a game plan to stop him outside letting the rest of team do whatever they want which even w lakers players you can’t totally ignore them. He shouldn’t be bothered by doubles if he really engaged. The rest the way there nothing but 1 day off between games so after only 32 min the other night this feels like the spot he plays 40+ again and goes for 25+.

I want to like AD props badly. I really don’t think it was dubs game plan that stopped him game 2, I don’t think they can have much a game plan to stop him outside letting the rest of team do whatever they want which even w lakers players you can’t totally ignore them. He shouldn’t be bothered by doubles if he really engaged. The rest the way there nothing but 1 day off between games so after only 32 min the other night this feels like the spot he plays 40+ again and goes for 25+.
Every other game for him.

Every other game for him.

Seems that way. Loved they had the extra rest before game 1 while warriors didn’t, it made him easy to predict those 1st 2. I don’t think much risk playing him tonight and if he does stink it up going back to him on Sunday. One these 2 home games he will play big, unless he pulls a hammy or somehjing, lol.

I played AD over points.
Bron ov rebounds.
Steph over points.

I hate kerr for taking looney out the starting lineup, what a run of rebounding from that dude! He still got 8 boards in 11 min last game! That isn’t what made AD suck, he just sucks sometimes. They didn’t even hang a rebound number for looney tonight, that sad. They have a number for Hachimura, wtf?

I played AD over points.
Bron ov rebounds.
Steph over points.

I hate kerr for taking looney out the starting lineup, what a run of rebounding from that dude! He still got 8 boards in 11 min last game! That isn’t what made AD suck, he just sucks sometimes. They didn’t even hang a rebound number for looney tonight, that sad. They have a number for Hachimura, wtf?
Looney was ill last game thus the low minutes

You know warriors playing such a pathetic game where they bitched and moaned more than they played ball might have just really changed this series. There no way I’ll play AD points in gm4 but the fact him and bron are getting to sit practically the entire 4th qrtr might be trouble for gm 4! Warriors will most likely shoot better but anytime AD brings it warriors have problems. Him and bron dominated the defensive end tonight and they should stiii have energy on Monday! I just dunno if that matters with AD or not? Lakers dominate them physically when AD brings effort, there really no answer for it.

I got no clue what to do here, I think it could def hold significance that Ad and bron havnt played that many minutes the last 2 games with both being blowouts. I think that has to make it more likely AD could actually show up for a second straight. Nba called in their series extending henchman Scott foster so that probably means for AD to have a big game he gonna have to man up and play thru contact that won’t be getting called tonight. Draymond will most likely get 10 to play w 10 fouls tonight as they won’t get called. That could make AD play small once again. I dunno, I want to think not playing basically the entire 4th the other night is a pathway to him having another big game. I can’t possibly trust him tno!

Steph has yet to go for 30 this series and his damn point total is still 30.5 juiced to the over! I’m tempted to play Steph over cause ya gotta think he has a big night coming even tho ya gotta give lakers d credit. That the play im most tempted to make at the moment but I havnt decided if I’m gonna play anything.

I got no clue what to do here, I think it could def hold significance that Ad and bron havnt played that many minutes the last 2 games with both being blowouts. I think that has to make it more likely AD could actually show up for a second straight. Nba called in their series extending henchman Scott foster so that probably means for AD to have a big game he gonna have to man up and play thru contact that won’t be getting called tonight. Draymond will most likely get 10 to play w 10 fouls tonight as they won’t get called. That could make AD play small once again. I dunno, I want to think not playing basically the entire 4th the other night is a pathway to him having another big game. I can’t possibly trust him tno!

Steph has yet to go for 30 this series and his damn point total is still 30.5 juiced to the over! I’m tempted to play Steph over cause ya gotta think he has a big night coming even tho ya gotta give lakers d credit. That the play im most tempted to make at the moment but I havnt decided if I’m gonna play anything.
Meant to say thanks. Saw u on Booker points over 30ish game 3. Got me looking at and played Booker and Durant over 30 ish games 3 and 4. So nice 4 0 start. Not sure on g5 at denver. Thanks though

Meant to say thanks. Saw u on Booker points over 30ish game 3. Got me looking at and played Booker and Durant over 30 ish games 3 and 4. So nice 4 0 start. Not sure on g5 at denver. Thanks though

I think long as cp3 out safe to keep hitting booker props, the ball just in his hands so much and double teams don’t faze him I don’t think he can help but score 30!! I’d prob back off kd, he took a ton more fts at home, I think he prob was more aggressive but wouldn’t count on him getting as many calls in Denver.

Last edited:
Closer this game gets the more I want to play the lakers, warriors been so bad on the road all year and lakers been so good these playoffs at home. Keep trying to tell myself that why foster is here to make sure they even this thing up. No way does the nba want all those other series still going but not this one! Lol.

I think long as cp3 out safe to keep hitting booker props, the ball just in his hands so much and double teams don’t faze him I don’t think he can help but score 30!! I’d prob back off kd, he took a ton more fts at home, I think he prob was more aggressive but wouldn’t count on him getting as many calls in Denver.
yeah Paul being out was the clincher for me to play both. Surprised they kept both around 31ish and still there for g5. Thought in G4 would go up to 33ish at least. My gut tells me to keep playing both and just ride it but going on the road is always different. Haven't decided yet. Totally a 2 man team - never seen anything like it. The only chance they have is if both in the 30's. No other offense on that team.

Good night to watch. Only live on either of these and I’ve pre bet most of em and done well

Closer this game gets the more I want to play the lakers, warriors been so bad on the road all year and lakers been so good these playoffs at home. Keep trying to tell myself that why foster is here to make sure they even this thing up. No way does the nba want all those other series still going but not this one! Lol.

Foster a massive homer record wise. Definitely a company man but he’s been officiating games this post season to the home of teams.

Foster a massive homer record wise. Definitely a company man but he’s been officiating games this post season to the home of teams.

You talked me into it, I put little bit on lakers-2, couldn’t resist. If they get a fair shake I think they win, I’m still worried they gonna let Draymond get away with a lot more tonight which in turn could take AD out his game, it shouldn’t matter he should be able to score thru contact but let’s be real, it will matter with him! Lol.

I still took Steph ov30.5 tho, I can’t see him letting his team go down 3-1 without firing away. Surely he goes for 30+ in one of these next few!

I think warriors prob wax them game 5, they not fucjing around opening that line -6, damn! Bron and AD both logged 40+ tonight I doubt we see a huge effort prob be the 3rd garbage game of series, dubs will come out smoking from 3 amd it be over quick I imagine. Lakers be wise to cut back bron and AD minutes so they fresh to finish it in 6.

You talked me into it, I put little bit on lakers-2, couldn’t resist. If they get a fair shake I think they win, I’m still worried they gonna let Draymond get away with a lot more tonight which in turn could take AD out his game, it shouldn’t matter he should be able to score thru contact but let’s be real, it will matter with him! Lol.

Nice hit. 20 FTs 20 makes. Hard to beat that!

Thought Kerr and pretty much everyone besides Steph were horrible last night. Klay with some egregious shots there in the last few minutes, Wiggins struggled shooting, Poole was downright awful and erratic. How does Kerr not use a timeout in the last two minutes to draw up some better sets?

The "makes" were with 54 and 58 seconds left...

So, 0-15 under 30 seconds.

That crazy just considering how great he is but gotta wonder how many those games were much like last night where he got no help most the night and was just gassed at the end?

Lakers are playing some fantastic d on him throwing waves of guys at him this whole series. Klay was more liability than asset the 2 games in la, Poole was fantastic gm1 (till the end) and I thought this be a series he could shine but he took that bad shot at end of gm1 and they have basically shunned him since! Payton was the best help Steph had last night but for some reason he got no run in the 4th qrtr, I still don’t understand that?

How Steph little ass is grabbing 10 boards I have no clue? 14 dimes when his guys not making shots pretty damn impressive. He shot like shit but again lakers deserve a ton of credit, he having to work on both ends cause lakers not only throwing waves of guys at him but on the other end they getting him iso’ed on bron or someone else bigger and more physical, just wearing him down! He badly in need of some help! I think he get it from the role players gm 5 at home, that line started high and has already been bet up even more! Real good chance dubs make shots and jump on lakers early , then lakers free to do a little load managing w bron and AD, I would.

Generally I don’t like that plan, I think you should try to finish it fast as possible but considering age of bron, AD penchant for no showing at times, and lack of help Steph gets from these guys on the road I would be totally focused on finishing this gm6. The best thing that can happen for lakers gm5 (other than winning of course) is the other guys can play big and force another heavy minutes hard working game from Steph so he tired while bron and AD fresh coming back home.

Thought Kerr and pretty much everyone besides Steph were horrible last night. Klay with some egregious shots there in the last few minutes, Wiggins struggled shooting, Poole was downright awful and erratic. How does Kerr not use a timeout in the last two minutes to draw up some better sets?

Why the hell didn’t Peyton get any run in the 4th? That was kinda baffling to me, he was warriors 2nd best player last night!! They have thrown Poole in the doghouse since he took that bad shot at end of game 1! He not getting the minutes to get going and his confidence appears shot! I thought the early game plan was smart, dubs were r pulling AD from basket and running him thru all kinds of screens in the 1st half, then lakers adjusted and put him on Wiggins after half and he was able to sag off and wasn’t having to deal with being screened every time down the court. Wiggins can be timid, You wouldn’t think Kerr be losing the in-game to a rookie head coach but I thought he for sure did last night. The worst part about Kerr not using time outs to get a better look, or just a break for Steph! That left them with a timeout in their pocket Steph coulda used when he stole the jump ball but instead he throws it out of bounds!

Why the hell didn’t Peyton get any run in the 4th? That was kinda baffling to me, he was warriors 2nd best player last night!! They have thrown Poole in the doghouse since he took that bad shot at end of game 1! He not getting the minutes to get going and his confidence appears shot! I thought the early game plan was smart, dubs were r pulling AD from basket and running him thru all kinds of screens in the 1st half, then lakers adjusted and put him on Wiggins after half and he was able to sag off and wasn’t having to deal with being screened every time down the court. Wiggins can be timid, You wouldn’t think Kerr be losing the in-game to a rookie head coach but I thought he for sure did last night. The worst part about Kerr not using time outs to get a better look, or just a break for Steph! That left them with a timeout in their pocket Steph coulda used when he stole the jump ball but instead he throws it out of bounds!
I think Payton was literally sick during the game. Ewww

Back