• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

KY Oaks Day Discussion

aplous

Donkey Hater
Need an Oaks day thread. Couple of horses I like early in the card:

R3) 1 Smokin T....facing easier today with a better post position. 6/1 ML

R5) Alysheba.....I like the favorite West Will Power 2/1 ML against a short field. Excited to watch Rich Strike try and come from 20 lengths behind as usual.

I'll post P4/P5 thoughts in a bit. Couple single opportunities IMO.

Liked 11 there a lot, just not enough steam but got the place bet

Can't do much before the real races

Need an Oaks day thread. Couple of horses I like early in the card:

R3) 1 Smokin T....facing easier today with a better post position. 6/1 ML

R5) Alysheba.....I like the favorite West Will Power 2/1 ML against a short field. Excited to watch Rich Strike try and come from 20 lengths behind as usual.

I'll post P4/P5 thoughts in a bit. Couple single opportunities IMO.
Smokin T what a ride John V. Horse was loaded.

Nevermind I liked this thread for todays betting. It is confusing a bit I suppose. See posts for today under Derby thread.
Yeah that's where I was going

Just need one, not like we're getting 40 people with Oaks Day thoughts but they've been spread out and I know the guys that start their Derby threads want to post in them although I've never understood that really lol. Who cares? Come together like we're around a campfire.

R5 I like 5 West Will Power but this chalk run is going to get busted at some point.

$1 EX Box 1/4 with Fart Collector

$1 TRI 4/1,2/ALL = $8

I did not have Smile Happy battling for the lead early and hanging on late. Impressive race there.

Something about watching the best of the best even when you lose money

It's just great theatre

This is the closest weekend we get to Breeder's Cup and every race there is the best athletes in the world

Always have said the best part of thoroughbreds is they don't have a fkn clue about media, they just athlete. Unique deal in sports. This weekend highlights it til BC

What these races don't have to worry about is managers and refs

It's pretty cut and dry. Rarely the jocks are the winners but 95% it's the athlete running like an athlete that wins

My yearly there's money in the pools, quit showing the morning line odds, NBC, rant.

Never broke better than 4th in any previous race. Uncappable.
I guess I need to take this back on closer inspection. His early pace rating in his last race was #1 in the field. That last race was a screw tightener as he needed to go 23&2 and 46&1 just to stay within four lengths of the lead, then he was still able to close to within two lengths at the end.

If you look at his past form he's had these screw tighteners before but instead of running right back he get a break. This time they ran him and he was super fit.

I'd bet against him next race though......

McPeek interview was good....said the horse is unworkable in the mornings but he does like CD.

Anyone have strong opinion here in the 6th? I think the 8 has some value at 7-1, probably go $2 across.

We can add Rich Strike to the long list of Derby winners to have never won another race.

I have nothing clever for the 6th. Shantisara has closed well last two races into slow paces. Floating above her morning line seems like a little bit of a gift.

Last edited:
McCulick off a layoff. Big fan of hers but not sure I want a short price on her today

I will not deviate from my small wager on this undercard

i'm very comfortable with betting more than everything combined on War Paint

I do get that people love to fade the favorite for a price, but price don't mean shit when the favorite wins. I like this horse a ton and will putt my money where my mouth is. Entire day will ben on him winning

Why are they still talking about Forte? Hasn't he been scratched by now?

Forte is such a fade, I can't believe if he's still running but I thought that was so far off. he's still in? Fade your matcups, I don't think hes has proper instruction to even start the race.

I do get that people love to fade the favorite for a price, but price don't mean shit when the favorite wins. I like this horse a ton and will putt my money where my mouth is. Entire day will ben on him winning

Wet paint? Not trolling I don’t know much here and trying to follow.

Agree on Wet Paint.

Pletcher said Forte is fine and will run tomorrow. I don't like him on top but why so much dislike?

Agree on Wet Paint.

Pletcher said Forte is fine and will run tomorrow. I don't like him on top but why so much dislike?
I love that horse

I don't think a 20 strong works for him and especially if there is a tweak somewhere. He runs strong but does nothing well. I don't think he's the one to beat for sure.

He's got no moxxy, kinda think he doesn't evel like playing tennis

Back