• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

February Discussion Thread

Not taking anything away from NYK, but the Pels are a mess right now.

I don’t wanna turn on Willie but it’s 5 on 4 most nights. This is gonna be a negative post, but it’s just reality. BI is really fucking good. The injury sucked obviously, and was another oddly handled medical situation. CJ is good….he can’t carry though. It’s like the ugliest 20ish point game and I don’t know why I feel that way…it’s like the other night he had 23pts, but like 4pt 3rd quarter. Misses more big shots than makes, but you can win with him for sure.
After that it’s spotty, save the young talent. Dyson Daniels potential is huge, Trey Murphy is maybe the only other “shooter” but he’s a keeper for a role. Herb does everything you ask/want…he’s kinda forced into a fucked up role, but 34 minutes 4 points just won’t get it done. But he’s obviously a defensive/blk/steal etc machine.

So you just have to hope. Maybe Jose’ has a game(like him off the bench for sure). Maybe Naji, etc. The lineups are just weird every night. And we haven’t even seen Zion play much when everyone is healthy. Sounds crazy, but they could totally miss the playoff. Valicunas, man what happened. No true point guard most games or won’t even try Kira in longer stretches.

Jesus I could go on
Good post.

I do appreciate them giving up all those points (popped over 1h 116.5 five mins into game)

Not taking anything away from NYK, but the Pels are a mess right now.

I don’t wanna turn on Willie but it’s 5 on 4 most nights. This is gonna be a negative post, but it’s just reality. BI is really fucking good. The injury sucked obviously, and was another oddly handled medical situation. CJ is good….he can’t carry though. It’s like the ugliest 20ish point game and I don’t know why I feel that way…it’s like the other night he had 23pts, but like 4pt 3rd quarter. Misses more big shots than makes, but you can win with him for sure.
After that it’s spotty, save the young talent. Dyson Daniels potential is huge, Trey Murphy is maybe the only other “shooter” but he’s a keeper for a role. Herb does everything you ask/want…he’s kinda forced into a fucked up role, but 34 minutes 4 points just won’t get it done. But he’s obviously a defensive/blk/steal etc machine.

So you just have to hope. Maybe Jose’ has a game(like him off the bench for sure). Maybe Naji, etc. The lineups are just weird every night. And we haven’t even seen Zion play much when everyone is healthy. Sounds crazy, but they could totally miss the playoff. Valicunas, man what happened. No true point guard most games or won’t even try Kira in longer stretches.

Jesus I could go on

Wish I woulda seen this before backing Brinson assuming the game be close enough he get his typical minutes, confident he goes over 25.5 had he played his 35/36 minutes but looks like he sitting the entire 4th. Man I hate that!

Wish I woulda seen this before backing Brinson assuming the game be close enough he get his typical minutes, confident he goes over 25.5 had he played his 35/36 minutes but looks like he sitting the entire 4th. Man I hate that!
Lol I think twink posted that at HT

Put it this way. D Rose got in the game.

Lol I think twink posted that at HT

Lol. Cmon twinks, I need this pre game! I wasn’t really around today so wouldn’t have seen it anyways. Had one those hubby do list Saturdays, loads of fun! Lol

Tonight is a PRIME example of why Philly isn't in the conversation when it comes to the EC finals barring a big injury to Milwaukee or Boston.

Doc is so bad as a coach too.

Tonight is a PRIME example of why Philly isn't in the conversation when it comes to the EC finals barring a big injury to Milwaukee or Boston.

Doc is so bad as a coach too.
Still agree with this statement but man the minute I call one of these teams out tonight they go on a huge run.

I mentioned the Hornets last night as one of those teams that will go nuts for 2-3 quarters and then toss a dud quarter.

Same goes for the Spurs, especially on a b2b.

Tonight, 65 in 1h.

They just broke 80 early in the 4th.

Pretty much screwed on my 230.5 over and 240.5 under (weighted a bit to over top which makes it worse).

That live total dropped 20 points in just over 9 mins of game action.

They've done this several times the last few years. I kinda messed up weighting more to over. Again, with the favored home team down I expect points. Two nights running that will cost me.

Holy crap Tatum nails a game winning 3 with 1.3 seconds left only to see Embiid drain one from his own foul line that leaves his hand a split second too late.

Holy crap Tatum nails a game winning 3 with 1.3 seconds left only to see Embiid drain one from his own foul line that leaves his hand a split second too late.
Great finish.

Doc was refusing to use to time-outs to start 4th then ends the game without one.

Jojo wasn't exactly rushing that shot up either.

I mentioned the Hornets last night as one of those teams that will go nuts for 2-3 quarters and then toss a dud quarter.

Same goes for the Spurs, especially on a b2b.

Tonight, 65 in 1h.

They just broke 80 early in the 4th.

Pretty much screwed on my 230.5 over and 240.5 under (weighted a bit to over top which makes it worse).

That live total dropped 20 points in just over 9 mins of game action.

They've done this several times the last few years. I kinda messed up weighting more to over. Again, with the favored home team down I expect points. Two nights running that will cost me.
Could be Pop genius honestly

Go hard for 3 quarters to see where you stand then come money time, make sure you collect as much draft capital that you can

Wouldn't blame them a bit

Could be Pop genius honestly

Go hard for 3 quarters to see where you stand then come money time, make sure you collect as much draft capital that you can

Wouldn't blame them a bit
Well, he led by 10 at half.

They quit right then.

Well, he led by 10 at half.

They quit right then.
Kinda funny the media don't call it tanking til April eh?

Seems like the smart ones who have job security are fine with it way before that. Not sure what trying to win games like these would accomplish for a franchise at this point.

Kinda funny the media don't call it tanking til April eh?

Seems like the smart ones who have job security are fine with it way before that. Not sure what trying to win games like these would accomplish for a franchise at this point.
Thing is, were less than 25 games now..

It's that time now.

All that being said, the bottom 4 are pretty much set unless someone goes on a crazy winning streak.

Rockets
Spurs
Stons
Hornets

That's your 4, all with same chance at the top pick.

Thing is, were less than 25 games now..

It's that time now.

All that being said, the bottom 4 are pretty much set unless someone goes on a crazy winning streak.

Rockets
Spurs
Stons
Hornets

That's your 4, all with same chance at the top pick.
Kinda funny, Euro soccer in the big leagues you're trying to solidify top 4

NBA, you're trying to make damn sure you're in the bottom 4

Orlando is 6.5 north of Charlotte..

The other 3 are locked in.

Charlotte basically is.

Obviously the tanking left for 3 at bottom is to ensure the lowest point they can fall in draft.

Detroit, knowing my luck will have 1 of 2 things happen...

1. Finish 3rd worst then watch 2-3 teams jump into the top 3 from well below.

2. Get the 2nd pick and a stud with Scoot then figure out which one to trade of Ivey and Cade (good problem to have).

Orlando is 6.5 north of Charlotte..

The other 3 are locked in.

Charlotte basically is.

Obviously the tanking left for 3 at bottom is to ensure the lowest point they can fall in draft.

Detroit, knowing my luck will have 1 of 2 things happen...

1. Finish 3rd worst then watch 2-3 teams jump into the top 3 from well below.

2. Get the 2nd pick and a stud with Scoot then figure out which one to trade of Ivey and Cade (good problem to have).
Mate you're talking to someone who would rather have been chewing on tin foil than to listen to the Suns take Ayton 1st overall instead of Luka. The trickle down would be not tying $40+ milly a year in CP3 and the team would have been dominant. But Phx HS and UA pressure, here we are trading the farm for a potentially healthy KD. Sarver is a UA grad, what a fucking tool.

Mate you're talking to someone who would rather have been chewing on tin foil than to listen to the Suns take Ayton 1st overall instead of Luka. The trickle down would be not tying $40+ milly a year in CP3 and the team would have been dominant. But Phx HS and UA pressure, here we are trading the farm for a potentially healthy KD. Sarver is a UA grad, what a fucking tool.
Aye, I told ya about Luka way before the lottery was decided.

That one was easy to spot from film.

Phoenix and Atlanta... Oh man.

Aye, I told ya about Luka way before the lottery was decided.

That one was easy to spot from film.

Phoenix and Atlanta... Oh man.
Lolz I think I got a 30 day FB ban that night for cocking off to UA fans about the tragedy

At least Ayton is useful I guess

I did this wrong earlier.

Top 3 have same odds.

Lottery picks top 4 now.

So, the 3 could possibly get bumped to 7.

Brutal.

Reactions: KJ
Got in on a live profit boost, Giddey o28.5 PAR

Why isn't SGA playing tonight? Injury must suck

Ant has 9 pts w/2:30 left in the 3rd yet his live total is juiced o18.5

interesting

Put dinner (not lunch) money on Dame o48.5, 41 at half!

Let him run this thing out, it's his night

Put dinner (not lunch) money on Dame o48.5, 41 at half!

Let him run this thing out, it's his night

Nail biter! Lmao. I barely saw highlights but caught Dame hanging 71!! On 38 shots? That pretty dang good!!

Reactions: KJ
Big card tonight.

Clips gonna rest guys after 2OT then 1OT?

Spurs and Jazz played Saturday. Spurs had a horrific 2h performance after a 10 pt halftime lead on the road. Same venue, 3 days later.

Dame going home to Oakland after the 71. Klay been saving the Dubs last few games.

Kings and Thunder same spot as Sunday. What is the story with SGA? Joe has been excellent with the additional opportunities the last two games, career games in fact @2daBank without the superstar on court.

Big card tonight.

Clips gonna rest guys after 2OT then 1OT?

Spurs and Jazz played Saturday. Spurs had a horrific 2h performance after a 10 pt halftime lead on the road. Same venue, 3 days later.

Dame going home to Oakland after the 71. Klay been saving the Dubs last few games.

Kings and Thunder same spot as Sunday. What is the story with SGA? Joe has been excellent with the additional opportunities the last two games, career games in fact @2daBank without the superstar on court.

sga should be healthy off all star break. thunder might be tanking .....They will win a championship in the next 3-4 years though. Team is stacked.

couple trades to keep an eye on - beverly and caruso in the bulls backcourt has giving them a big jolt. Best defensive backcourt in the league. unders and bulls have been cashing.

hornets without lemelo ball - will they revert back to an under team early in year without lemelo........dennis smith jr is a stat stuffing mini westbrook when he gets time....his props should be good

clippers - westbrook addition has pushed their pace up , we could be seeing more overs with what was a slow paced team

hawks new coach - This team has found some life like the bulls post asg and I am going to keep riding hoping they be trying to impress quinn

sga should be healthy off all star break. thunder might be tanking .....They will win a championship in the next 3-4 years though. Team is stacked.

couple trades to keep an eye on - beverly and caruso in the bulls backcourt has giving them a big jolt. Best defensive backcourt in the league. unders and bulls have been cashing.

hornets without lemelo ball - will they revert back to an under team early in year without lemelo........dennis smith jr is a stat stuffing mini westbrook when he gets time....his props should be good

clippers - westbrook addition has pushed their pace up , we could be seeing more overs with what was a slow paced team

hawks new coach - This team has found some life like the bulls post asg and I am going to keep riding hoping they be trying to impress quinn
Great stuff.

Yeah, SGA injury seemed mild but a few games off so far.

SGA entered health and safety protocol today, out tonight and likely tomorrow

It’s absurd. Willie sitting in the sidelines like he ain’t gotta lotta blame….these lineups are atrocious

Maybe in an alternate universe this TNT studio team is good…it’s just too hard an act to follow.

You could audibly hear the clippers fans going “noooo…” as Westbrook puts up an insane shot at a critical time

clippers looked really bad tonight - and old. Kawhi had dead legs russ couldn't even dribble a fast break vs conley.

First time watching wolves this year - they matchup good against the clips. McDaniels is 6-8 athletic defensive stalwart. They have the defenders to defend clippers iso's.

Twolves don't really look like they have much outside game right now without towns - just a bunch of slashing wings and bigs

anybody have a philosophy on betting quarters ? I notice the 3rd quarter seems to be the highest scoring quarter often, or the quarter where the favorite makes a move if they are trailing, like the warriors tonight.

4th quarter seems to be lower scoring if it's a top end matchup - are they lining the 4th quarter the same as the first 3 ?

Back