• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 12 What Are We Learning

I hate to upset the Michigan fans but they are never winning a national championship until Harbaugh wakes up and realizes he needs an offense to go along with his defense. I've said this before but if you didn't know Harbaugh played QB you would think he was a fomer linebacker.

I hate to upset the Michigan fans but they are never winning a national championship until Harbaugh wakes up and realizes he needs an offense to go along with his defense. I've said this before but if you didn't know Harbaugh played QB you would think he was a fomer linebacker.
What are you saying? They have a Heisman-caliber running back, an electric backup running back, an NFL-ready wide receiver, perhaps the best offensive line in football, a former five-star recruit at quarterback, and his OC hiring practices show clear interest in modernization and innovation. How does Harbaugh not value the need for offense?

What are you saying? They have a Heisman-caliber running back, an electric backup running back, an NFL-ready wide receiver, perhaps the best offensive line in football, a former five-star recruit at quarterback, and his OC hiring practices show clear interest in modernization and innovation. How does Harbaugh not value the need for offense?
That offense is absolute garbage.

Keep waiting for TCU to lose yet they keep finding a way to win. One of the few times taking the 2 points was helpful.

Garbage compared to what, the Buffalo Bills? They literally rank fifth nationally in scoring. They average 41.5 points per game.
Piling on teams like Rutgers means nothing. To be fair they are the quintessential big ten team but unless you have all future NFL players on defense like Georgia does its very difficult to win championships with a conservative offense.

Piling on teams like Rutgers means nothing. To be fair they are the quintessential big ten team but unless you have all future NFL players on defense like Georgia does its very difficult to win championships with a conservative offense.
They scored 27 points coasting against Iowa. Iowa ranks 6th nationally allowing 15.1 points per game.

They scored 41 points against Penn State. Penn State ranks 13th nationally allowing 19 points per game.

They also rank 18th nationally in yards per play.

How many years has it been since you watched a Michigan game?

They scored 27 points coasting against Iowa. Iowa ranks 6th nationally allowing 15.1 points per game.

They scored 41 points against Penn State. Penn State ranks 13th nationally allowing 19 points per game.

They also rank 18th nationally in yards per play.

How many years has it been since you watched a Michigan game?
Watched today and loaded up on the money line when they were down in the 4th quarter but they make it so difficult.

Cyclones are another offensive juggernaut.
Pretty sure they've outgained the opponent in all but 1 or 2 games this season. Problem is that turnover margin highlights how Dekkers shouldn't be a D1 starting QB. Guess good for him turning a walk on into a full ride but unless Jets great Anthony Becht's son is the goods, Dekkers will be starting again next year. Then we finally get a 4 star in.

Can’t decide which is more bland, him or Jimbo

Other than the Georgia defense every team has major weaknesses.
UGA defense probably the best overall unit (offense or defense) in the country, but I think there are some teams that could be in the CFP that could stress them. UGA offense wouldn't scare me too much unless you let them get a lead and just lean on you, which they are pretty good at doing.

Who is this so-called "NFL-ready WR"?

DTR threw THREE picks at the end of 1h and 2h. DTR is clearly not that guy, a pocket passer. Chip had plenty of time and timeouts, should've mixed in some runs vs a USC d that gets gashed on the ground. Def could've won that game. But Caleb was otherworldly

DTR's throwing hand was hurt in some manner. May've played a role, but I'm not interested in defending him or finding excuses for UCLA. Just saying, it was very clearly bothering him in the 3rd Q.

Cam Rising crapped his pants. Likely his worst game in a Utah uniform. He cost them the game. There's talk of him declaring, he's not even close.

Cam Rising crapped his pants. Likely his worst game in a Utah uniform. He cost them the game. There's talk of him declaring, he's not even close.

They said that on TV last night, that he was going to forgo his final year of eligibility, I was somewhat surprised he already would be letting it be known.

Navy has won back-to-back vs UCF. Love it when Navy wins games they aren't supposed to.

Florida State is a buzz saw!

Christmas came early for Pittsburgh. Duke touched a punt about their own 5 that Pitt turned into a TD and got a 30y fumble return TD. Duke WR also dropped a 4th down pass put right in his bread basket on 4th down.

Michigan STate outgained Indiana 540-288! Indiana was down by 17 twice. Mich St was in the RZ 7x and only scored 3 TDs and one of their failed 22y FGA as time expired in regulation, then they had a FG blk'd from the 11 in OT (although IU missed a FG in OT1 as well). MSU converted just 2-of-8 3rd downs in the 2H,

UConn outgained Amry 370-320, but lost by 17. Army blk'd a punt for TD and also got a short field TD in the final minutes of the game after an INT to put them over the spread.

They said that on TV last night, that he was going to forgo his final year of eligibility, I was somewhat surprised he already would be letting it be known.
Agreed. Probably part of why making so many mental mistakes.

Penn State scored 3 D/ST TDs vs Rutgers. And it could've been worse than the 55-10 Final. PSU kicked FGs from the R05 and R02!

The pain continues in Lincoln, it really isn't fair to that fanbase.

Did anyone see Nick Herbig's targeting penalty!? Seems like every other week I find a new outrageous targeting penalty. Nebraska QB was sliding and Herbig comes diving overtop of him. To my eyes, his arm touched the helmet of the Nebraska player. It did not appear to be any kind of a blow to me, instead body parts touching in the motion of players moving above and under eachother. It was upheld and he was ejected. Where is the tipping point going to be on there targeting calls? Will they ever fix this?

Vandy has an SEC winning streak! Unlike last week when Vandy had a strong yardage edge vs UK, this week FL outgained them 445-285 (7.0-4.6). Florida had a couple 1H drives stall where they kicked FGs (although Vandy also fumbled near the FL RZ). But Vandy got 10 pts off just 31y of O after an INT and when FL was SOD at their own 12!

We're some relatively minor chaos away from Alabama sneaking into the CFP:

USC loses to ND or Oregon
TCU loses big 12 champ game
Clemson loses to SCAR or UNC

Doubt It will all happen, and we certainly don't deserve it, but the meltdown would be glorious

To see where Hawaii was after the Michigan game to where they are is really a credit to Timmy Chang. He was left with a gutted program due to that POS Todd Graham.

Look by no means are they good. They didn't win on the mainland but I guarantee no one would want to play them in Hawaii right now.

Last edited:
They're still a collegiate team. You said it yourself, classic lookahead just like TCU was in that lookahead to the Cyclones next week.
Iowa State has treated me well this year. I’m not sure the Frogs will be laughing next Sunday.

Iowa State has treated me well this year. I’m not sure the Frogs will be laughing next Sunday.

It's the Iowa State offense that is so so bad. No matter how good their D is, their O loses them games with regularity.

422 yards yesterday and 10 points!
5 turnovers lost vs Ok St!

The only team they won big against is the team everyone wins big against.

Out of all these teams TCU has played, to me, Iowa State literally is the least likely team to beat them.....so sign me up on the 'Clones - LOL!

I have even more respect for Max Duggan. Seems like all his top weapons were gone in the 2H. But he is a warrior, that can be a cliche but the guy was not going to let his team lose, and they did not. I'm still trying to understand how he didn't have the job at the beginning of the season but he deserves a trip to NYC.

That was an insane game with Baylor, with an insane ending. None of it happens without Duggan playing his ass off.

We're some relatively minor chaos away from Alabama sneaking into the CFP:

USC loses to ND or Oregon
TCU loses big 12 champ game
Clemson loses to SCAR or UNC

Doubt It will all happen, and we certainly don't deserve it, but the meltdown would be glorious
Not sure if Oregon is in P12 championship yet but if Bo is healthy he'll eat up that SC defense. ND too. SC will have to outscore em.

Baylor and Illinois had the age old opportunity - get 1 FD at the end of the game and win the game. But both ran 3 running plays up to gut and got nothing and gave back the ball to TCU and Michigan, who drove and won the games. Never ceases to amaze me.

Not sure if Oregon is in P12 championship yet but if Bo is healthy he'll eat up that SC defense. ND too. SC will have to outscore em.

Baylor and Illinois had the age old opportunity - get 1 FD at the end of the game and win the game. But both ran 3 running plays up to gut and got nothing and gave back the ball to TCU and Michigan, who drove and won the games. Never ceases to amaze me.
Yup. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Beavers beat Oregon in Corvallis next week. The #2 in the pac12 is still tbd.

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Beavers beat Oregon in Corvallis next week. The #2 in the pac12 is still tbd.
totally agree. If OSU wins are they in the championship game? I put a flyer on SC to win the NC at 25 to 1 in the Summer (I'd hedge if they get in) on the possibility they could be the 4th team so I'd much rather have them play OSU, though with their defense anyone can beat them.

totally agree. If OSU wins are they in the championship game? I put a flyer on SC to win the NC at 25 to 1 in the Summer (I'd hedge if they get in) on the possibility they could be the 4th team so I'd much rather have them play OSU, though with their defense anyone can beat them.
OSU already eliminated but I guarantee you that they want to ruin it for the ducks.

Oregon State has 3 conference losses. If they beat Oregon, than the Ducks, Washington and Utah would all have 2 losses assuming Utah and UW win next week.

couldn't believe that 4th and 2 pass - pure choke. I have Utah RSW Over 9 and if they had won last night a tie was the worst I could do. Utah very disappointing this year, from Florida in week 1 to this game. Couldn't even beat a gimpy Nix when he couldn't run at all.

You guys and Bert need to go back and watch the game.

There were several blown calls before the last drive in Illinois favor. Absolutely ridiculous.

Bert's little tantrum at half was funny, because he had nothing to stand on.

I saw the neutral zone call on 4th down. Your QB made a great throw and the WR had it go through both hands in the EZ, should;ve been a TD if #1 could catch.

Doesn't change the fact that the 4th down play that Michigan needed when trailing was and should've been a penalty. Helps the play was on Michigan bench's side of the field.

You guys and Bert need to go back and watch the game.

There were several blown calls before the last drive in Illinois favor. Absolutely ridiculous.

Bert's little tantrum at half was funny, because he had nothing to stand onI

I posted this above but Bert had his chance to close out the game. Instead he chose to run 3 plays up the gut and punt the ball back to Michigan up 1. Baylor did same thing. Little play action fake with misdirection pass to TE or RB and it's FD and game over.

I saw the neutral zone call on 4th down. Your QB made a great throw and the WR had it go through both hands in the EZ, should;ve been a TD if #1 could catch.

Doesn't change the fact that the 4th down play that Michigan needed when trailing was and should've been a penalty. Helps the play was on Michigan bench's side of the field.
I'm just happy Mich had a chance down that many starters yesterday. They were not fielding a strong team in the 2h.

These injuries have killed the last month. Just brutal. Huge contributors.

I posted this above but Bert had his chance to close out the game. Instead he chose to run 3 plays up the gut and punt the ball back to Michigan up 1. Baylor did same thing. Little play action fake with misdirection pass to TE or RB and it's FD and game over.
Unless the QB throws it into the TE's feet

Back