• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Philly rant, and tonight's play

Stew Baker

Justin Verlander, he is who we think he is. He is who we think he is! We played against him in the first game of the World Series. Who takes the first game of the World Series like it's bullshit? Bullshit! We played against him in the first game, we came back from a 5 to zip hole. He is who we think he is. That's why we're taking the damned field!

If you want to crown him, then crown his ass! But he is who we think he is. And we're going back to Houston up 3 games to 2!

Verlander:

World Series ERA games 2 thru 7 4.03 (if you include game 1s, it's measurably worse)

ERA in games umped by Barksdale. 5.30

Career and 2022 splits on 5 days rest the least best of his days rest splits.

Tonight's play: Phi F5 over 1.5 runs -110

Lean to Philly full game; Phi +145 would have been part of the portfolio, but had to attend to something and ended up losing the number.

Last edited:
He will be on a short leash tonight IMO.

Dusty or someone a tad bit smarter than him knows we have good/great starting pitchers after Verlander for game 6. The pen will come out early if JV cant control his shit and will take care of this Philly lineup like they have all series

im not worried bout Phillies scoring, just need thor to give them 5 innings of 2-3 run ball to give them a good shot.

He will be on a short leash tonight IMO.

Dusty or someone a tad bit smarter than him knows we have good/great starting pitchers after Verlander for game 6. The pen will come out early if JV cant control his shit and will take care of this Philly lineup like they have all series

The more they see them the better they will hit them, of course could say same thing bout Philly pen since houston hasn’t scored a run after the 5th inning all series.

Surprised nobody pointed out that I had the wrong umpire with Barksdale. I got it off of that stupid Covers website. It wouldn't have made any difference - Verlander's numbers with Baker were almost as bad; wouldn't have changed my thought process.

Even more surprised that nobody commented on the rant. It's reminiscent of something which should be very familiar.

Hint: Denny Green

Tonight, for me it's about Wheeler and his velocity. If it's apparent that his velocity is down, I'll be looking to make a live bet on Houston RL.

Back