• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

US Open - 2022 Official Thread & In-Game

Collins got the pay day. I don’t know much about tennis outside of Joker.

Rolling a chunk of it on the king @8.5-1.
Betting against head case female players is a good of a spot as any. Too bad Sloane plays swaitek in next match and not another mid level player for her to fizzle out against

Never been a huge serena fan but she looks like Serena of 5 or 6 years ago and not the last few

Can it last 2 weeks? Who knows

But I went from thinking no chance pre tournament to, maybe she fucks around and wins it

Never been a huge serena fan but she looks like Serena of 5 or 6 years ago and not the last few

Can it last 2 weeks? Who knows

But I went from thinking no chance pre tournament to, maybe she fucks around and wins it
Amazing to see her dominate the match after only playing 6 matches this year. Like you said, looks like Serena of old where if she plays well she wins. Even if she doesn’t win it all pretty impressive to see.

We bought tickets for Friday night in Ashe before she won so hopefully they keep her night matches in Ashe

I wanted to take Tommy Paul if he lost first set but he broke back so patiently waiting

I'm a ruud fan for sure but Paul's definitely been hot this year
I've watched at least 4 Paul matches and it always seems like he's pretty good at everything but not very good at anything. His victories felt like a massive exhale, when he's lost I haven't been shocked. Ranked that high for a reason though.

He just blew a 40-0 set point service game and then lost the set...could be a demoralizer

Not sure what happened with Draper, first time the new rules got me with a voided winner. Can't complain, think I've had at least 3 losers voided this year.

Interesting email from DK regarding Draper retiring. It said the rules state it's voided but was in position to not lose...so they paid it. Never have seen that before.

Amazing to see her dominate the match after only playing 6 matches this year. Like you said, looks like Serena of old where if she plays well she wins. Even if she doesn’t win it all pretty impressive to see.

We bought tickets for Friday night in Ashe before she won so hopefully they keep her night matches in Ashe
You in there?

I want to like her. I really do.

Interview right after, so I get the emotion.
But you’ve done this your whole life.
You don’t have the just for appearance/publicity side of you to even acknowledge who just beat you and went with “I wish I played better”

For someone to be the ambassador for women’s sport, probably the biggest I’d say pretty shitty.

And on the other hand, Ajla Tomljanovic was total class in her post-match interview, humble, giving a lot of love to Serena and then after taking the time to sign autographs and pose for pictures as she headed to the locker room. Considering the stage she was impressively poised.

Divine intervention

Hard nap, tv mute so it wasn't the crowd...woke up as they were shaking hands.

Event complete.

You in there?
Yea we were lower lvl of second section. I also was surprised she didn’t acknowledge Tomjlanobic. Hat tip to her she played fucking great even in the midst of like 4-5 dudes that were screaming on every second serve of hers for the whole last set. The crowd needs to get it together

And on the other hand, Ajla Tomljanovic was total class in her post-match interview, humble, giving a lot of love to Serena and then after taking the time to sign autographs and pose for pictures as she headed to the locker room. Considering the stage she was impressively poised.
Dude she stayed solid as a rock with 30k people chanting Serena’s name. It was impressive to see her rise to the occasion. Literally was a brick wall that even the power of Serena couldn’t knock down

Today row 6 tickets for Louis day matches
Muguruza v kivitova
Azarenka v Maric
Schwartzmen v tiafoe

Then Ashe FRONT ROW SEATS for Nadal. I am very salty they didn’t make it Nadal and Swaitek for the womens. It’s Danielle Collin’s so whatever haha

Yea we were lower lvl of second section. I also was surprised she didn’t acknowledge Tomjlanobic. Hat tip to her she played fucking great even in the midst of like 4-5 dudes that were screaming on every second serve of hers for the whole last set. The crowd needs to get it together
Couldn’t have said it better

Thoughts from yesterday:

I forgot how much better tennis is when you don’t have to hear the pontificating of idiotic announcers trying unsuccessfully to fill time. When Chris the other night said during the Serena match, “I’m speechless” I almost fell out of my chair laughing, thanks for the thought Chris!

Jabuer looked pretty good for the hour we watched her. Berrettini was playing awesome. I haven’t watched many of his matches but he was hitting the ball well. He reminds me of a more skilled John Isner because he is so big but can actually exchange at the baseline.

Medvedev is a pretty boring #1 for me

Today row 6 tickets for Louis day matches
Muguruza v kivitova
Azarenka v Maric
Schwartzmen v tiafoe

Then Ashe FRONT ROW SEATS for Nadal. I am very salty they didn’t make it Nadal and Swaitek for the womens. It’s Danielle Collin’s so whatever haha
Cornet could give Collins fits and she's hilarious when she comes unglued

Kvitova is playing impressively. Stone cold when she flubbed the first set and only shows emotion on big point wins. I think she may knock off mugu

Kvitova is playing impressively. Stone cold when she flubbed the first set and only shows emotion on big point wins. I think she may knock off mugu
Surprised Mugu won the first. I have to stay far away from her matches though, never know which one shows up. Mugu was +150 pre match

Wow I didn’t know she was 150 pre match that’s insane. Kvitova was in a spo to close out the first and couldn’t but she seems to be dictating pace a lot. Mugu serve has been solid

I find it hilarious that you didn't think I knew I was on ignore with him. That's the beauty of it.

Talk to Larry about that

Really if he actually carries this attitude he will likely not be beaten. Never know in a final if it's on the same plane but he seems locked. Good for him.

Back