• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

1* Calgary +6 -105

Changed my tune on this game. Calgary coming in healthier than I expected with Carey and Henry coming back. I also love that they are starting Jake Maier. He has looked good every time he has played and his first game ever was vs this Bomber team and he fared very well, almost pulling the upset. Meanwhile wpg will be without both Ellingson and Janarion Grant.

I'm on some stamps ML after Maier news

I think he opens up the offense by backing up the halfback and safety with his arm strength

Basically opposite of what's gonna happen in BC this week, where lucky and burnham gonna be played so much tighter cause they arent afraid of those 20+ yard windows being hit without rourke

So I will have some sasky ml too

Still monry coming in on Winnipeg after the Maier news. I'm not sure what people are seeing but to me its obvious Bo hasn't been Bo for a while and Maier has outshined him every opportunity he's had.

Interestingly Calgary didn't fly home last week and have been practicing in Guelph this week. I wish I'd known that earlier, I'd have stopped by.

Re-ranking offensive lines at the mid-point of the season...

1. Winnipeg - lost their C but haven't really missed a beat. Not last years powerhouse but still the cream of the crop
2. BC - Stayed healthy all year and have looked good. But how much of that was because of Rourke's quick release? We're about to find out.
3. Montreal - They have impressed in year 2 and also stayed mostly healthy so far.
4. Calgary - Adequate and relatively consistent.
5. Ottawa - Adequate considering it was cobbled together in training camp. If they can keep the core components together next year they will be really good
6. Toronto - The talent is there but lots of injuries have played havoc with this line. Multiple players starting out of their natural position right now.
7. Hamilton - Shown some basic improvement but still well below average. Injuries have taken a toll too.
8. Saskatchewan - Complete gong show and has been all year. Major holes at LT and RT
9. Edmonton - see sask

Home teams are 20-23 SU this season. 16-27 ATS. Home teams outscoring their opponents by a mere 0.7ppg.

HFA continues to fade

1* Ottawa +3 +100

I hate that I have so many plays this week but I go where I perceive the value. I like that Arbuckle is starting this week. He isn't great but hes a step up from Caleb Evans without a doubt. Edmonton will be without Tony Washington and Manny Arceneaux. Somehow I doubt Cornelius can rustle up 3 straight TD drives like he did last week.

Results after week 12...

Sides 22-14 +8.675*
Totals 9-9 -1.375*
Live/2H 8-9 -2.93*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 40-34 +3.12*

5-1 this week and 10-1 over the past 2 weeks. Back on the plus side once again.

Last edited:
Results after week 11...

Sides 22-14 +8.675*
Totals 9-9 -1.375*
Live/2H 8-9 -2.93*
Parlays 0-2 -1.50*
Props 1-0 +0.25*

Overall 40-34 +3.12*

5-1 this week and 10-1 over the past 2 weeks. Back on the plus side once again.
Like clockwork

Streveler has been really good for the jets in preseason

But I think he gets cut, wonder if he could come back when/if he does?

Probly gets a practice squad spot tho

Streveler has been really good for the jets in preseason

But I think he gets cut, wonder if he could come back when/if he does?

Probly gets a practice squad spot tho
Yeah likely practice roster spot. His NFL time has done him good. I thought he was a marginal passer in the CFL but he was making some nice throws in preseason.

I think he needs to dress for a handful more games to qualify for an NFL pension so he'll probably keep working to get signed there even if he gets cut

Yeah likely practice roster spot. His NFL time has done him good. I thought he was a marginal passer in the CFL but he was making some nice throws in preseason.

I think he needs to dress for a handful more games to qualify for an NFL pension so he'll probably keep working to get signed there even if he gets cut
Ya when he went down I thought it was a weird one

That pension is huge, hope he gets it

We have lines on a Sunday. This is getting crazy, I've barely had any time to prep.

OTT @ MTL -6 48
WPG @ SSK +4.5 43.5
TOR @ HAM -1 47.5
EDM @ CAL -12.5 52.5

First glance I kind of like Ottawa getting 6. With Arbuckle at the helm they have a chance to be in games again and Montreal is average at best

Sask getting +4.5 at home for labour day is a lot. On paper the line is probably right but this is labour day and funny things happen. And that total is awfully low. This is only the 4th total under 44 this year and with overs hitting at 57% on the year, I would be inclined to go over.

May also like Toronto depending on Hamilton's QB situation. If Shilz is out then its Toronto all the way. Dane Evans confidence looks to be shot and the other 2 guys they have are raw rooks.

Like amar here in bc

Teams need owners that are invested and wanna get out there publicly

Stern is a big loss

Montreal off the field stuff all season has been a mess, starting with Napoleon Maccocia and now this

Like amar here in bc

Teams need owners that are invested and wanna get out there publicly

Stern is a big loss

Montreal off the field stuff all season has been a mess, starting with Napoleon Maccocia and now this
That just means Cui in Edmonton has to be even more active than he already is

Matty Shiltz out 4-6 weeks with a wrist fracture. Hamilton is better at home but Dane Evans confidence has to be shot at this point. He just can't stop throwing bad interceptions and I don't see any reason for it to stop now.

Matty Shiltz out 4-6 weeks with a wrist fracture. Hamilton is better at home but Dane Evans confidence has to be shot at this point. He just can't stop throwing bad interceptions and I don't see any reason for it to stop now.
Cant remember a cfl season with this many qb injuries/changes

Cant remember a cfl season with this many qb injuries/changes
Yup its been a bad year.

Thats another thing about Evans, he has a shoulder thing going on too. He was in pain after every throw late in last week's game. I haven't seen an update on this since they have had a few days off but I think there's a non-zero chance he won't be able to go this week which would make this number plummet.

Not a huge rush to get him playing either

Bye this week, wouldnt be surprised if he didnt play week after either

Great move, like farhan says, team is way too talented to go through this season with these QBs, VAJ is so boom or bust, but him with these receivers could be great

Yeah good call. They are in win now mode with that roster.

I am sort of hoping that BC falls enough to get a crossover spot, Rourke comes back and leads them through the east for a WInnipeg-BC Grey Cup. That would be epic.

I was worried that BC might end up like that Montreal team several years ago that started 9-0 and finished the season 0-9

.5*/.5* Toronto +1.5 / ML -105 / +108
Increasing this bet while the numbers are still available. With Newman practicing today, its not a sure sign that he will start but even if he doesn't its safe to say Evans is not physically 100%.

Full bet now as follows...

.75*/.75* Toronto +1.5 / ML -105 / +108

Yeah good call. They are in win now mode with that roster.

I am sort of hoping that BC falls enough to get a crossover spot, Rourke comes back and leads them through the east for a WInnipeg-BC Grey Cup. That would be epic.
It's best grey cup matchup by a longshot

Back