• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

St Andrews --- The 150th Open Discussion

Hard to focus. Think I was stuck in a closet with Cypress Hill! Well, or tea.

Not doing a thread but good gambling matches today I think. All rd 3.

Kisner -130 o Mullinax 2*
Niemann -140 o Casey 2*

Niemann and Casey are both elite match play guys. Makes it fun when they go out in twosome, both could go low if they play it that way.

Fleetwood o Harman/Will Z o Sergio parlay +167

Gooch +120 v Hatton 3*
Scottie -125 over DJ 5*
Cam Smith -150 over Cam Young

Actually looking for a way to get more on Smith and will probably do a couple parlays with him.

Last edited:
Early moves

Kisner -4 thru 5
Mullinax -3 thru 5

Clearly playing the match play mentality for those two

I think kisner started too far back but how cool would it be to see him win after having to go birdie birdie to make the cut?

I Like this leaderboard, I think it will be a shootout.

Obviously a very easy course this week.

Such a disappointment on the front from Cam. Inexcusable to be even on any 9 here.

Now, his hopes might have vanished with that double.

Unless Sheff makes a run my tourney is done. Just rooting for Rory to get the Mouse off his back.

Tradition in this sport is the only way it survives as a viewing sport post Tiger. Pulling for LIV is basically pulling for no one giving a shit. Becomes unwatchable. Rich dudes getting more rich is not compelling tv.

Rory -125
Viktor +165

It's match play and obv Cam and Scottie can crash the party but no way those are lines if they matched up.

Vik +165 to win 8*

Might lose but ridiculous value imo

My $ is on Vik’s short game coming back down to earth - even just a little bit, which would cost him, and Rory closing the door with relative ease. Hope for a great Sunday, though!

Added a couple more that don't reflect my EV.

Lowry top 20 -250 4*
Xander top 20 +120 4*

When it comes to these obviously dead heat is a potential liability (say 6 tie for 20th and you win 16 and lose 5/6) so have to keep it in mind but these are two proven Sunday players.

Added

Cam Smith top 5 -190 4*
Cam Smith over Cam Young r4 -145 2*
Fleetwood over DJ r4 +100
Spieth over Cantlay r4 -115

Missed out on Kisner, if he pops live which I doubt, his putter should make him some extra scratch today

Last edited:
Added

Cam Smith top 5 -190 4*
Cam Smith over Cam Young r4 -145 2*
Fleetwood over DJ r4 +100
Spieth over Can't pay r4 -115

Missed out on Kisner, if he pops live which I doubt, his putter should make him some extra scratch today

Faded DJ again too myself

Reactions: KJ
Wow HVIII almost albatross

Had a prop available, will there be an eagle today and now there will be. Would suck to lose on birdies and a double eagle

Let's not be shocked when the mullet from down unda is in the mix with that putter
He choked it away yesterday unfortunately .

The Cams need 64 each to have a chance at a playoff.

Tough sledding.

He choked it away yesterday unfortunately .

The Cams need 64 each to have a chance at a playoff.

Tough sledding.
Reason I think he goes low today. Rory and Vik can't have either play bad or they can easily be caught

Not sure if anyone here has played this course but buddy and friends did. Apparently you have to have no worse than a registered 1 handicap. They flew in to Glasgow the day before the terrorist attack on the airport there. Crazy.

The round there was full of real weather and his score reflected it.

Not sure if anyone here has played this course but buddy and friends did. Apparently you have to have no worse than a registered 1 handicap. They flew in to Glasgow the day before the terrorist attack on the airport there. Crazy.

I have a friend that played with his Father that was scratch but he wasn’t even close.
That was 20 plus years ago tho

I was wondering if courses like this would let a scrub like me play.

I have a friend that played with his Father that was scratch but he wasn’t even close.
That was 20 plus years ago tho
Maybe if you're with someone that isn't above a 1. Didn't get into details. The 4 of them all played D1 in the Pac so it wasn't a thing, just found it interesting.

Worst thing for Rory was Cam Smith having a shit day yesterday but still within range. That game won't struggle two rounds in a row.

Can’t help but think of the old saying, drive for show and putt for dough, congrats to Cam Smith… well deserved. Super impressed with Cam Young. Difficult one to swallow for Rory but two putting every hole isn’t going to cut it, unless you’re well clear of the field.

Enjoyed reading the comments again guys. Hope everyone had a profitable Open…

Can’t help but think of the old saying, drive for show and putt for dough, congrats to Cam Smith… well deserved. Super impressed with Cam Young. Difficult one to swallow for Rory but two putting every hole isn’t going to cut it, unless you’re well clear of the field.

Enjoyed reading the comments again guys. Hope everyone had a profitable Open…
Love it

Always the roller coaster that just keeps rolling regardless our opinions. Fun tournament.

Back