• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2022

I love mascots they crack me up with those antics of theirs

Me too. It was better back in the day. The Ti-cats had a great one named TC. For argos games he would haul out this argos dummy it basically torture it for most of the half. Drive over it with his golf cart, drag it behind a tricycle and finally he would wheel out the gallows, tie a noose around it and hang it. The crowd loved it. Of course such things are not de rigeur anymore

Me too. It was better back in the day. The Ti-cats had a great one named TC. For argos games he would haul out this argos dummy it basically torture it for most of the half. Drive over it with his golf cart, drag it behind a tricycle and finally he would wheel out the gallows, tie a noose around it and hang it. The crowd loved it. Of course such things are not de rigeur anymore
That’s awesome

I got to see the Zooperstars once at a Wisconsin Rafters game

Benny the Bull always has some good tricks up his sleeve I’ll see what I can find

Also, once Gritty hit the scene in Philly he’s been all gas and no breaks

No I won't be there. I'm convalescing deep in the woods this weekend. I'll be in-gaming with you guys.

Unless you afre all watching that hock-key thing you were talking about
Working at 11:10am so I’ll be home a little after kickoff from the beautiful city of Hamilton.
Hockey starts 5pm

Watermelons 6:30

This could potentially be a weekend they write a song about one day

@spottie2935you have any bets today?
Nothing solid just a long shot on the Elks +270. There is nothing i like about this play except the line and the fact that this is one of those plays that the unexpected happens in the CFL.

No dogs have won this season. Its just a shot in the dark. Plastic darts either stick nicely or fly off and hit the floor. We will see

Nothing solid just a long shot on the Elks +270. There is nothing i like about this play except the line and the fact that this is one of those plays that the unexpected happens in the CFL.

No dogs have won this season. Its just a shot in the dark. Plastic darts either stick nicely or fly off and hit the floor. We will see
I think its worth the risk. I always remember an old saying that a team isn't as good as its best game and isn't as bad as its worst game. Last week may well have been the Elks worst game of the year.

(Calgary, but I passed because queries are based upon a late line. Any line change could effect the query so I passed.)

Any week 2 away dog that lost game 1 is 13-5 ATS. If the line is less than 3 the dog is 3-1 ATS. As I have said early season Away dogs are automatic plays according to the data. (58.8% ATS, 229 games) Long term no other input or analysis is needed, assuming the strong trend continues. This is before week 8. 3-2 ATS so far in 2022.

Reports suggest Trevor Harris is taking first team reps at the ALs practice
MTL is 0-2 and in my opinion Sask is better than MTL's last 2 opponents. Harris hasnt been special, and out of form the last few seasons. Until I see something different I am not confident.

MTL is 0-2 and in my opinion Sask is better than MTL's last 2 opponents. Harris hasnt been special, and out of form the last few seasons. Until I see something different I am not confident.
Yes. On the one hand I feel like a bet on the ALs is buying low and selling on Sask while they are high off 2 wins. But the QB situation isn't ideal. Harris might be a bit more stable/consistent than VAJ but not really any better. The rumor is that GM Danny Maccoccia does not like VAJ and has been pushing for a change at QB. The fact that he appeared on the sidelines right around when VAJ was yanked makes me wonder if it was his decision. Either way something in that organization looks off and I don't know where the QBs heads are at and I don't know what the players morale is like. Its never good when upper mgmt starts meddling in coaching decsions. I think its best to stay away from them until we figure this team out.

eta...Also worth noting that Sask lost theiur best OL, C Dan Clark for at least a few weeks. That line is not great already.

Last edited:
Yes. On the one hand I feel like a bet on the ALs is buying low and selling on Sask while they are high off 2 wins. But the QB situation isn't ideal. Harris might be a bit more stable/consistent than VAJ but not really any better. The rumor is that GM Danny Maccoccia does not like VAJ and has been pushing for a change at QB. The fact that he appeared on the sidelines right around when VAJ was yanked makes me wonder if it was his decision. Either way something in that organization looks off and I don't know where the QBs heads are at and I don't know what the players morale is like. Its never good when upper mgmt starts meddling in coaching decsions. I think its best to stay away from them until we figure this team out.

eta...Also worth noting that Sask lost theiur best OL, C Dan Clark for at least a few weeks. That line is not great already.
I like Harris before last season. Last season he was off. My first look is the dogs but the bold comments that I highlighted are 100% correct. Als covers against Toronto and Calgary. Both those teams are not on the level of Sask. If the line is small (at this point) I would lay the points on Sask.

Waiting on a line.

Breaking down what has taken place since (after) 2017

Team when favored:
Blue Bombers 21-11 ATS
Tiger Cats 23-17 ATS
Roughriders 17-9 ATS

The rest of the CFL teams are a combined 45-81 ATS.

Lines are coming out. Nothing early for me.

I have a couple spots I like but I think waiting those out might be better.

@spottie2935 Toronto opened at +3, moved quickly to +2.5 and has now moved the other way to +3.5.

With all the hype on BC, I feel like if we wait we might even get a 4 or 4.5 by kickoff

okay Thanks Hulu. I like the Argo's. As you can see from the above team trends I think we know who are elite. We knew those teams were good but the data is supporting that with facts. I think Winnipeg will drop off of 60% covers as favorites. Most because of lines and they are not as strong. Sask might be the best team but too early to know. They do cover as favorites so its not good for me at this point to fade them. I could be wrong.

AD and week<11 and day=Friday and division!=o:division and n:F

An away dog that will be a favorite the following week, this is not a division game, game played on a friday night. (Historically friday night away dogs alone do very well.)

25-4 ATS

Friday night Away dogs that will be favored the following week 78-27 ATS

Stole part of this and used it in a tweet towards Gary Stern

1* EDM / CAL under 50.5 -107

I have no idea why the books keep lining Edmonton games so high. They have scored all of 31 points in 2 games and are really struggling to move the ball and finish drives. Their only TD last week came by way of a fumble on a return that gifted them field position in scoring range.
Calgary has scored 30 pts in regulation in 2 consecutive games but in both they were down at the half (by 10 and 21) and had to sling it in the second half to make up ground. I don't see this happening this week vs the Elks. I think they get a lead and play conservative in the 2H I made this total 47.

1* EDM / CAL under 50.5 -107

I have no idea why the books keep lining Edmonton games so high. They have scored all of 31 points in 2 games and are really struggling to move the ball and finish drives. Their only TD last week came by way of a fumble on a return that gifted them field position in scoring range.
Calgary has scored 30 pts in regulation in 2 consecutive games but in both they were down at the half (by 10 and 21) and had to sling it in the second half to make up ground. I don't see this happening this week vs the Elks. I think they get a lead and play conservative in the 2H I made this total 47.
This is now at 51.5 in some places. So much for line value

1* Toronto +4.5 -105

A lot of hype for BC after thier big win in week 1 but it was against an Edmonton team who was down 6 starters on defense and forced to play guys that had only landed in town that week. This week our young hero Rourke and his shaky OL will face a much stiffer test vs the Argonauts. Their DL and LB corps are excellent and should make life very difficult for BC. On the other side of the ball, I like the Argos newfound commitment to the run and assuming Andrew Harris is healthy this week, should get a lot of ground yards vs this DL. I see this as a close game, likely decided late.

any Away dog with a 2 game losing streak within weeks 3 to 10 and a line greater than 3 and less than 11 are 18-7 ATS 70%

Elks

streak=-2 and AD and week<11 and line<11 and line>3

Any road dog that lost 2 in a row before week 7 that had only 5 wins or less the previous season are 5-0 ATS and 4-1 SU

Elks

streak=-2 and AD and PRSW<6 and week<7

Any away dog in which the game is not a playoff game and the line is more than 6. this game is a division game and the favorite is off a dog out right win.

the dog is 16-6 ATS

AD and op=DW and division=o:division and line>6 and playoffs=0

Elks

When I first found out that they were going on pause i did extra work and saved my favorite entries (All sports and as many as I could) Now I have them saved, i still need to manually research which teams qualify. CFL is easiest because few teams and few weekly games. Baseball is most difficult for opposite reasons.

Now to tease you a bit (answer your question) : Gimmethedog.com offers: some or most of what SDB had. Is GTD perfect? Nope!

GTD site listed above has Winnipeg as the 4.5 dog. this is incorrect. there will be at times this mistake in the results. If one uses a strong enough query long term this wont matter much but it does suck! Better than nothing.

TSN has a new CFL gambling bit which is about as square as it gets but I listen sometimes to get a sense of where lines may be going. Today they loved the opposite of my 2 plays which is awesome. But it also means those numbers will likely going to get more favorable so I may add before post.

Toronto up to +5.5 in some spots and the way the TSN squares were gushing about BC I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 7 by post

AD and week<7 and n:line<=-4 and line>3.5 and n:H

Ticats are home to Edmonton next week. That makes next weeks line at -7 or more (my opinion) that puts the Ticats in a nice dog role this week.

18-6 ATS

Ticats

Back