• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

LIV Tour

Holy shit on DJ.

He had said in February that he was all PGA tour.

Looking back on his comments at PGA championship, I guess that was a precursor.

Otherwise, not too much unexpected.

Refuse to pay attention

Hope they have fun doing whatever they're doing

HARD PASS on anyone trying it. Instadouche

Holy shit on DJ.

He had said in February that he was all PGA tour.

Looking back on his comments at PGA championship, I guess that was a precursor.

Otherwise, not too much unexpected.

I haven’t paid too much attention to rumored guys, so a few surprises to me are Kevin Na, Louis O., Schwartzel, Westwood, McDowell, and Taylor Gooch. Outside of DJ, of course.

DJ and McDowell are also both have RBC sponsorships, and for RBC Canadian Open is the same weekend as this LIV event. DJ is still listed on the RBC website as entered into the RBC Canadian Open.

I haven’t paid too much attention to rumored guys, so a few surprises to me are Kevin Na, Louis O., Schwartzel, Westwood, McDowell, and Taylor Gooch. Outside of DJ, of course.
Louis and Lee were known. UPS dropped both them (among other sponsors).

Na was mentioned as well.

Sergio was an obvious one.

DJ and McDowell are also both have RBC sponsorships, and for RBC Canadian Open is the same weekend as this LIV event. DJ is still listed on the RBC website as entered into the RBC Canadian Open.
I saw that and he's got a great history there.

Louis and Lee were known. UPS dropped both them (among other sponsors).

Na was mentioned as well.

Sergio was an obvious one.

Yes, Sergio I knew as well since he basically said it himself a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t hear about any of the other guys though…it’s wild that Gooch, Louis, Charl, and Na are leaving to me.

Imo there is no better sport than golf when it comes to loyalty

Breach that and you get what you get

Turns out it has a new name. LIV Golf Investments, which funds the Saudi-backed start-up league, announced on Wednesday the LIV Golf Invitational Series, which will launch in June and dish out $255 million in total purses.

The eight-event series has four U.S. sites, plus single events in the United Kingdom, Thailand and Saudi Arabia. A venue has not yet been announced for the season-ending Team Championship. The first tournament kicks off on June 9 at Centurion Golf Club in London, England.

Here’s the complete schedule for 2022:

June 9-11: Centurion Golf Club, London, England
July 1-3: Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, Portland, Ore.
July 29-31: Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, Bedminster, N.J.
Sept. 2-4: The International, Boston, Mass.
Sept. 16-18: Rich Harvest Farms, Chicago, Ill.
Oct. 7-9: Stonehill Golf Club, Bangkok, Thailand
Oct. 14-16: Royal Greens Golf Club, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Oct. 28-30: Team Championship, TBA

What kind of purses are we talking about over there?

The details are fascinating. Each event will have a $25 million purse ($5 million to teams and $20 million to individuals), and the team championship will have a $50 million (!) purse. (Last week's Players Championship featured the biggest purse in PGA Tour history at $20 million.) There will also be bonuses for individual winners at the end of the year.

The format has remained unchanged. Twelve teams with four players on each team will presumably participate in these 54-hole events, although who exactly those players will be remains to be seen.

And they’re only 54 hole events. So more money for less golf.

And the normal, weekly purse is bigger than the biggest ever PGA event.

Wow.

Last edited:
My question would be for how long? It's basically trophy collecting. Is the interest there for a year? 5 years? 10? I guess if you're an older player, maybe you don't care, although I wonder if this also bans you from the Champions Tour. I mean, I guess these guys are all rich enough to not care, but I would wonder how long this lasts before the rich investors decide to move on and collect something else.

My question would be for how long? It's basically trophy collecting. Is the interest there for a year? 5 years? 10? I guess if you're an older player, maybe you don't care, although I wonder if this also bans you from the Champions Tour. I mean, I guess these guys are all rich enough to not care, but I would wonder how long this lasts before the rich investors decide to move on and collect something else.
Guess I wouldn't mind anyone who checks in that watches it. I would spend one second on it. Not referring to capping, referring to I hope it takes a quick nosedive.

I also figured it would be older players, but even though the PGA has said they’ll permanently ban anyone who goes, not everyone thinks they will actually follow through with it. I guess we will see, it will be interesting to watch it play out, for sure.

It’s not even trophy collecting as much as it is money grabbing. The trophies are the real ones on the PGA Tour, this is all about money…again for less golf too.

125 million is the reported number DJ is receiving for joining.
Any of us would naturally jump at that figure

But DJ could have easily made that with his credentials from PGA sponsors being the voice against it

Very disappointing

I’m all for this. Competition is good. And it won’t be the USFL of golf. It may look more like the European tour, which is good golf. DJ is just the first shoe to drop. Once some of these guys see people like Chase Koepka earning more money than them in less events they will make the jump. The big question will be what does the USGA do? If they let LIV golfers play in the US Open, the PGA tour has a huge problem on their hands. Will be interesting.

I’m all for this. Competition is good. And it won’t be the USFL of golf. It may look more like the European tour, which is good golf. DJ is just the first shoe to drop. Once some of these guys see people like Chase Koepka earning more money than them in less events they will make the jump. The big question will be what does the USGA do? If they let LIV golfers play in the US Open, the PGA tour has a huge problem on their hands. Will be interesting.
They should cut these fuckers off at the artery

PGA is the best thing that could happen to these guys, grats if you'll actually watch that drivel but I won't. And I think when they come begging on their knees they'll be treated like SCABS. Losers.

It's golf, not pro basketball.

Very easy to forget people and very quickly. No one outside of Tiger commands an audience anyway.

Would hate to be DJ's agent, having to spin this somehow positively seems like a nightmare

He will be public enemy number one, what a tool to do it after what he said a couple weeks ago

I get some of the older guys making this jump. I’m surprised Gooch is making the move. His career is ascending and could have a bunch of good years still ahead of him. He has a lot to lose if this goes south in a few years. The older guys are making a money run obviously.How are they going to monetize this tour? I haven’t heard about any television contracts being signed. How long does it take for DJ to be dropped by RBC and TM? Will any of these guys be allowed to play in the US Open? What about the British?

I apologize for the rambling, I’m old and wanted to get some thoughts out before I forget them. I am curious how all of this plays out. Hoping it somehow strengthens the game of golf, but I’m finding it difficult to picture that scenario…

Turns out it has a new name. LIV Golf Investments, which funds the Saudi-backed start-up league, announced on Wednesday the LIV Golf Invitational Series, which will launch in June and dish out $255 million in total purses.

The eight-event series has four U.S. sites, plus single events in the United Kingdom, Thailand and Saudi Arabia. A venue has not yet been announced for the season-ending Team Championship. The first tournament kicks off on June 9 at Centurion Golf Club in London, England.

Here’s the complete schedule for 2022:

June 9-11: Centurion Golf Club, London, England
July 1-3: Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, Portland, Ore.
July 29-31: Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, Bedminster, N.J.
Sept. 2-4: The International, Boston, Mass.
Sept. 16-18: Rich Harvest Farms, Chicago, Ill.
Oct. 7-9: Stonehill Golf Club, Bangkok, Thailand
Oct. 14-16: Royal Greens Golf Club, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Oct. 28-30: Team Championship, TBA
Let’s say you are a stateside course….you risk being blacklisted hosting one of these or you likely weren’t an option before anyway so no one cares?

Let’s say you are a stateside course….you risk being blacklisted hosting one of these or you likely weren’t an option before anyway so no one cares?
Interesting thought...

Probably why a Trump course is hosting in late July and the last event.

I get some of the older guys making this jump. I’m surprised Gooch is making the move. His career is ascending and could have a bunch of good years still ahead of him. He has a lot to lose if this goes south in a few years. The older guys are making a money run obviously.How are they going to monetize this tour? I haven’t heard about any television contracts being signed. How long does it take for DJ to be dropped by RBC and TM? Will any of these guys be allowed to play in the US Open? What about the British?

I apologize for the rambling, I’m old and wanted to get some thoughts out before I forget them. I am curious how all of this plays out. Hoping it somehow strengthens the game of golf, but I’m finding it difficult to picture that scenario…
RBC might have dumped him last week.

UPS dumped Louie and Lee awhile ago.

This will be very interesting for the young guys.

A guy like Piot just turned pro. His decision is very interesting to me and I can see it both ways...

Saudis have some leverage on Biden with the gas production....they should be able to tell him to tell Monahan to back off and for the networks to get an offer on the table. And frankly Monahan should back off before he starts losing lawsuits. The PGA Tour allows their players to play in all kinds of non-PGA Tour events. including all four majors and a host of international contests and exhibitions. Do they have a right to tell these individuals no? Do these individuals have contracts to perform for the PGA Tour? As I understand NO ONE on the tour gets paid regardless of performance, not even Tiger. It's entirely results based. These are not employees of the PGA Tour, they are individual contractors. Are contractors required to adhere to arbitrary morality clauses outside the workplace?

When the Master's had their women's kerfuffle years back, did the PGA Tour ban players from going? They can spare me the morality talk....this is pure cutthroat business tactics; it would be no problem finding a judge to rule against a business bullying individuals.

Can't wait for this to be a Saudi fail for the first time in history

UAE will destroy these losers

RBC might have dumped him last week.

UPS dumped Louie and Lee awhile ago.

Yes, RBC dumped DJ once he said he was playing in the first LIV event, which is the same weekend as the RBC Heritage Canadian Open. There was no way they weren’t dropping him after that.

Pumpkin Ridge in Portland has hosted well respected tournaments. Tiger won one of his 3 Amateurs there. They also host LPGA events among others. But no, they ain’t in the running for a US Open.

Yes, RBC dumped DJ once he said he was playing in the first LIV event, which is the same weekend as the RBC Heritage Canadian Open. There was no way they weren’t dropping him after that.
He was all over the marketing at the event too. They had to replace everything, they werent happy

Back