• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

PaintCrew 2022 Golf

PaintCrew

Has Nicer Hair Than Matt Haarms
Throwing darts at golf is more of a hobby within this degen "hobby" compared to hoops for me but it's probably my favorite sport to mess around with and sweat outside of March Madness. Documenting things here in other sports has really helped simply document my thoughts, hold myself accountable, etc... and who knows maybe helped others so I'll see if I can't track a full season of golf with documented units, prices, etc...

No head to heads this week. I want to watch a bit off the break before dipping into that.

0.5* Smith +2200
0.5* Im +2200

(Just missed....Reed)

Let's get it started

Current Futures:

Fedex Cup
1* Smith 12-1
0.25* Riley 500-1

Sentry: +10.50 (Smith Winner)
Sony: +2.34 (Kiz & Seamus T3 just missed)
AMEX: -0.15 (no contenders really...)
Farmers overall: -2.55 (whiff all together)
Pebble: +11.75 (Hoge Winner)
Ras Al: -0.5 (whiff)
WM Open: +17.12 (Scottie Winner)
Riveria: -4.75 (big whiff)
Honda: -0.80 (notta)
API: -2.4 (nothing at all)
Players: +15.5 (Smith Winner)
Valspar: -1.50 (Fitz 5th...atleast sniffed around but this one hurt....my boys Burns and Riley in a playoff… and I somehow didn’t play them)
WGC MatchPlay: -1.6 (Kisner 50-1 loses in the title match to Scottie....it hurt)
Valero: -1.0 (screw this entire event and the beginning of wasted $ on Beefcake)
Masters (ouch): -8.71 (lots of regrets here but at least an incredible value bet on Smith 35-1 came close....Scottie beats me again)
RBC: -5.06 (Yuck....Although Dahmen really did have a legit shot at it at 125-1)
Zurich: +0.125 (Higgo/Grace 125-1 nearly get home but to no avail)
Mexico: +9.30 (Riley T5 and almost got the big outright 50-1 home for an epic tourney)
Wells Fargo: +1.50 (3 outrights finish T2....Fitz/Keegs/Cy...)f
Byron: -4.40 (No one really in contention from the get go....slow starts by Burns/Riley Thursday did things in....)
PGA: +3.15 (Peppered the leaderboard all weekend but didn't get home....CYoung co-leader with 4 to play and shit the bed)
Colonial: -2.00 (Another near miss....Riley outright leader coming home and pushes a drive OB on 14)
Memorial: -3.09 (No shame in this one.....Riley/CYoung/Jaco contended from start to almost finish but this was BillyHo's week and BillyHo's alone)
Canada: -2.90 (Finau co-leader going into sunday. 64.....Solo 2nd because Rory became Rory of old)
Scandanavian Mixed: -0.625 (that was dumb)
US Open Overall -5.23 (Bad result in the end and regretted a couple matchups but outrights couldn't have been better capped. Bounces didn't go my way with a host of guys in the mix)
Travelers Overall: -1.50 (Nothing close on outrights but matchups minimized the damage)
John Deere Overall: -2.15 (Whoof but thanks to Sevennson for helping minmize damage with 3U scooped H2H)
LIV Portland: -1.5 (No regrets....would bet DJ again who led going into final round)
Scottish Overall: -2.00 (whiff)
Barbie Doll Open: -1.00 (whiff)
Overall THE Open +42.04 (needed this one....scooped Young FRL and Smith outright....first 1st/2nd (Smith/Young) I've ever had I believe
3M: -3.5 (Took 1 big shot with Riley and missed badly)

Rocket Overall: +6.25 (Fun tourney that looked like it had a chance to be epic. Pendrith FRL and led/co-led all the way to Sunday. Just didn't have closing power.
LIV: -1.00 (Wrong dart obviously but if i had to do it over again I'd probably have hit Reed or even Wolff so nothing missed. I stopped watching or even paying attention after day 1 so not sure how Stenson regained form from 9 years ago or if everyone else was just that bad sloshing around in piles of $.)
Wyndham -0.50 (Minimized damage with the unit scooped with Riley in R3. Riley too sloppy with the short game and short putts missed but wouldn't have mattered regardless. Tom Kim's 61 left no doubt).
St Jude: -0.725

Season Overall: +63.66

Last edited:
Throwing darts at golf is more of a hobby within this degen "hobby" compared to hoops for me but it's probably my favorite sport to mess around with and sweat outside of March Madness. Documenting things here in other sports has really helped simply document my thoughts, hold myself accountable, etc... and who knows maybe helped others so I'll see if I can't track a full season of golf with documented units, prices, etc...

No head to heads this week. I want to watch a bit off the break before dipping into that.

0.5* Smith +2200
0.5* Im +2200

(Just missed....Reed)

Let's get it started
Love it!

I think this is going to be a tremendous golf season. I simply cannot wait.

Masters
0.5* Smith +3600

Open @ St Andrews
0.5* Higgo +8000
0.25* Eldrick +6000

Tiger is just a fun what if narrative play. Don’t recommend it.

The other 2 I’m just taking prices in case they do special things this weekend.

0.5* Smith +2200
0.5* Im +2200

(Just missed....Reed)

Let's get it started
Yessir!

Great start.

Once Bryson WD that Im number went down quick.

I've never had a lot of luck in this one. Capping tonight.

Didn't know he WD, was actually just posting to give him credit for playing for once. Oops.

Always a tough handicap for me, so many guys are just happy to get into it before everyone else starts playing the West Coast.

Yeah this one I think is an entirely different cap obviously. All the small hitters....150 and in approach standouts have a shot here.

I'm trying to find a good bit of notes on comments about this place from a bunch of the smalls (Kiz, Kuch, Na, Chez, etc...) but it's very telling. I hit Kuch a few years back in the mid 30's. You can't just bomb and gouge this place and it can get pretty firm and be pretty wind impacted as well.

I was really close on Abe as well but I ended up leaning on the great course fits, in form, who played well last week.

Last edited:
Adding Burns to my very very early Open card. Missed better numbers it looks like but this guy at this point shouldn't be 50-1 or more anywhere

Open @ St Andrews
Burns 50-1

I've got record updated and all the early futures in the 1st post.

Since we've began my annual journey of blowing $$ on Molinari (although at least he got me 1 unit yesterday)....it's that time of year.

Let's start the farmers card with the auto bet
0.5* Molinari 80-1

Ironically you can find the same damn bet just about 1 year ago (maybe even 2 years ago)....lol

Farmers
0.75* Burns 25-1
0.50* Molinari 80-1
0.50* Koepka 35-1
0.50* Wollf 60-1

I typically keep the outlay for outrights at 2 units or less but pushed it ever so slightly with my nonsensical love for each of these 4 this week

Others just missing the card (Berger, Scottie, Lanto)

FRL dart
0.25 Wolff 55-1

H2Hs
2* Rahm -1.5 vs JT -125
1* Burns -110 vs DJ
1* Burns +110 vs Beefcake
1* Berger -110 vs Beefcake
1* Molinari +115 vs Hughes
1* Brooks -105 vs Speef

FRL dart
0.25 Wolff 55-1

H2Hs
2* Rahm -1.5 vs JT -125
1* Burns -110 vs DJ
1* Burns +110 vs Beefcake

1* Berger -110 vs Beefcake
1* Molinari +115 vs Hughes
1* Brooks -105 vs Speef
Happy to survive the brooks bet with a push yesterday but a big f*ck you to Burns collapse to somehow miss the cut and also lose by 1 shot to Beefcake

Also remind me next year to triple check North/South starts....i thought Wolff was on the north so that FRL bet turned out to be dead long before it started

R3
2* Molinari -130 vs Thompson - Probably should keep this 1 unit but i hate Thompson on the south course and love where Frankie was at for the most part yesterday outside of a couple bad shots. Will take my chances

Happy to survive the brooks bet with a push yesterday but a big f*ck you to Burns collapse to somehow miss the cut and also lose by 1 shot to Beefcake

Also remind me next year to triple check North/South starts....i thought Wolff was on the north so that FRL bet turned out to be dead long before it started

R3
2* Molinari -130 vs Thompson - Probably should keep this 1 unit but i hate Thompson on the south course and love where Frankie was at for the most part yesterday outside of a couple bad shots. Will take my chances
I'll tail ya on Moli

Freaking frankie…

Taking a small stab at what I think is a bad price. I realize the danger with Rahm but I don’t get the Willy Z love which I think presents a small bit of value

0.5* Day +400

-2.5 on pre tourney outrights (yuck across the board )

-0.5 on Day R4 (can’t complain here…had more then a good go at it)

Tourney H2Hs
4-2 +3.05

Round matchups
0-1-1 -2.6 (damn you Frankie)

Farmers overall

You'll likely see a trend this year. Burns will be bet a good bit until I perceive him to be close to priced right. This number this week is insane to me. I might grab another half unit yet of Burns only because of the Hoge profit.

WM Open
0.5* Sheff 28-1
0.5* Burns 33-1
0.25* Connors 50-1

Screw it. Talked myself into another 0.25* of Burns. I don't really care too much about consistent staking for myself other than keeping things around 2* or less on outrights overall.

0.25* Burns 33-1

Now 0.75* Burns 33-1

Adding one more....kind of forgot about Oostie since he hasn't played yet

0.25* Oostie 40-1

Updated Current (likely final) outrights

WM Open
0.5* Sheff 28-1
0.75* Burns 33-1
0.25* Oostie 40-1
0.25* Connors 50-1

Back