• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFP: Georgia vs. Michigan Discussion Thread

Could this be like the UGA Clemson game at the start of the year where the only touchdown was a pick 6? Something like 12 -10?

Could this be like the UGA Clemson game at the start of the year where the only touchdown was a pick 6? Something like 12 -10?
I think it's definitely possible. Maybe a slight advantage to Michigan on kicker? Based on % made this season?

Dax Hill did not travel with the team.

Hopefully he makes it down.
80% he makes it down.

Apparently Justice had covid and obviously they were around each other at Xmas... No covid for Dax but wanted him to stay back and not be around anyone + test out.

I think it's definitely possible. Maybe a slight advantage to Michigan on kicker? Based on % made this season?
Ugas kicker is very solid. He kicked a 53 yarder to beat cincy last year. I think he was 3 for 3 from over 50. Like Rodrigo, Walsh and a few others at UGA I think he has a cup of coffee in the league. He has missed some surprising kicks this year though.

Ugas kicker is very solid. He kicked a 53 yarder to beat cincy last year. I think he was 3 for 3 from over 50. Like Rodrigo, Walsh and a few others at UGA I think he has a cup of coffee in the league. He has missed some surprising kicks this year though.
I'm sure, I just looked up the stats really quickly and Michigan guy made a slightly higher %. So two capable kickers, not sure it favors one side over the other

Some scrambled thoughts 26 hours out from kick-off...

-This is a weirdly confident Michigan fanbase. I say that, because the base is usually quite pessimistic overall. I am not sure if this is good or bad. I know a lot of the Georgia base is supremely confident as well.

-Myself? I definitely think they can win the game. I've had this quiet confidence since the Ohio St game that they can. This team is built different in their mindset and whatnot. I hope that true CFB fans and UM fans in general appreciate this team because they are a throwback and with the climate in CFB nowadays you won't see many like this.

-Either way, I win on Friday. I picked this UGA team to win it all last January and that bet will finally come off the ledger tomorrow or in 11 days.

-Dax Hill made it to Miami today. I'll assume he plays. The report that he got it from his brother may have been wrong as the newest is he got it from another DB before Christmas which would make plenty of sense on this timeline.

-Biggest concern for the defense is Bowers. That will be Hill and Barret's role. Michigan has had issues at times with TE's. Yes on props there if the numbers are reasonable, no matter who plays. Dax is very good but he can get burnt at times.

-Michigan still has 2-3 trick plays they installed in the off-season. You saw a few of those in November.

-I hope, and think, Michigan will be aggressive early on with misdirection etc. They'll need a variety of looks and successful sets to hopefully get a lead and grind out a 4th quarter.

-I'll reiterate that Michigan had a plan for the whole season and slowly unveiled it on offense. That is why things looked so bland for so long and much different in November. Don't cap this game with games from early on in mind.

-Now, I cannot find the link but I saw something interesting yesterday... teams that run stunts/twists like Nebraska and Rutgers accounted for 40% of the hits on Cade all season long. Just food for thought.

-What scares me? Haskins hasn't fumbled in eons. I remember the 2008 Citrus Bowl and Mikey Hart had that ridiculous stat for his career and fumbled 1-2x at the goal line (Michigan still beat Tebow that day).

-What else scares me(Part 2)? Despite being a top kicker in the country you never know.... and the fact that Michigan started scoring TD's the last 3 games he hasn't had a lot of work.

-I really wonder if/when we see Daniels in this game

-On the other side, JJ needs to be a part of this game. He is so damn good and electric. I know he'll be in for some designed runs but like the last few games, lets get a throw or two from him at minimum.

How do I see it going? I said 27-23 either way earlier and that might be a bit much in the scoring department. I see this as a 4th quarter game though. Now, can Georgia blow them out? Sure. The way that happens is get an early TD or two and maybe a turnover and get Michigan into an position they are not used to. We saw Bama so that to these Dawgs last time out. Michigan hasn't faced a double digit deficit this season (unless I am totally forgetting something).

I really think this is going to be classic CFB game. I would even dare say that @RetroVK would enjoy a game like this one.

Sit back and enjoy.

Questions or thoughts I'll be around, lets talk.

Some scrambled thoughts 26 hours out from kick-off...

-This is a weirdly confident Michigan fanbase. I say that, because the base is usually quite pessimistic overall. I am not sure if this is good or bad. I know a lot of the Georgia base is supremely confident as well.

-Myself? I definitely think they can win the game. I've had this quiet confidence since the Ohio St game that they can. This team is built different in their mindset and whatnot. I hope that true CFB fans and UM fans in general appreciate this team because they are a throwback and with the climate in CFB nowadays you won't see many like this.

-Either way, I win on Friday. I picked this UGA team to win it all last January and that bet will finally come off the ledger tomorrow or in 11 days.

-Dax Hill made it to Miami today. I'll assume he plays. The report that he got it from his brother may have been wrong as the newest is he got it from another DB before Christmas which would make plenty of sense on this timeline.

-Biggest concern for the defense is Bowers. That will be Hill and Barret's role. Michigan has had issues at times with TE's. Yes on props there if the numbers are reasonable, no matter who plays. Dax is very good but he can get burnt at times.

-Michigan still has 2-3 trick plays they installed in the off-season. You saw a few of those in November.

-I hope, and think, Michigan will be aggressive early on with misdirection etc. They'll need a variety of looks and successful sets to hopefully get a lead and grind out a 4th quarter.

-I'll reiterate that Michigan had a plan for the whole season and slowly unveiled it on offense. That is why things looked so bland for so long and much different in November. Don't cap this game with games from early on in mind.

-Now, I cannot find the link but I saw something interesting yesterday... teams that run stunts/twists like Nebraska and Rutgers accounted for 40% of the hits on Cade all season long. Just food for thought.

-What scares me? Haskins hasn't fumbled in eons. I remember the 2008 Citrus Bowl and Mikey Hart had that ridiculous stat for his career and fumbled 1-2x at the goal line (Michigan still beat Tebow that day).

-What else scares me(Part 2)? Despite being a top kicker in the country you never know.... and the fact that Michigan started scoring TD's the last 3 games he hasn't had a lot of work.

-I really wonder if/when we see Daniels in this game

-On the other side, JJ needs to be a part of this game. He is so damn good and electric. I know he'll be in for some designed runs but like the last few games, lets get a throw or two from him at minimum.

How do I see it going? I said 27-23 either way earlier and that might be a bit much in the scoring department. I see this as a 4th quarter game though. Now, can Georgia blow them out? Sure. The way that happens is get an early TD or two and maybe a turnover and get Michigan into an position they are not used to. We saw Bama so that to these Dawgs last time out. Michigan hasn't faced a double digit deficit this season (unless I am totally forgetting something).

I really think this is going to be classic CFB game. I would even dare say that @RetroVK would enjoy a game like this one.

Sit back and enjoy.

Questions or thoughts I'll be around, lets talk.

Big daddy!

Side bet with @B.A.R. and @GoDawgs1980 is that the loser has to wear official polo and hat on a round of golf this summer(obviously pics etc) of the winning school.
For the record, I was open to giving points.

Also excited to see what Pickens does. Not sure anyone has mentioned Darnell Washington, the guy is built in a lab. Will be a match up nightmare if he doesn't have to stay in and block.

The winner of this game wins the title IMO.
Too many points for this matchup. This could stay in the teens. Good Luck Fellas!

That is being awful dismissive of bama isn’t it? They do have far and away the best qb in the field along with as much talent as anyone, I’m not ready to crown winner of this game who will have to take a physical beating to win while bama could be on cruise control this week in 2nd half.

I'm taking the points, but I absolutely could see a game where UGA does to Michigan what they did to most teams this season. Is there any chance Michigan plays at tempo on offense?

I'm taking the points, but I absolutely could see a game where UGA does to Michigan what they did to most teams this season. Is there any chance Michigan plays at tempo on offense?
Yes, that will get mixed in at times Imo

We really got to look at that Georgia schedule...

Arkansas and Kentucky... Best wins.

No one gonna toss Auburn into the mix.

Clemson offense was a hot mess.

I'm a closet Jorja fan and they could be like Clemson the last few years, no doubt (relation schedule to playoff results).

I couldn't articulate it, but read someone who could: the things that Michigan does well, UGA does better.

I'm hurt as a Michigan fan, won't lie. It stings. But never thought they would make it this far either. Head was for GA. Heart, Michigan. Go blue.

Back