• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

I’m guessing premier league preferred NBC because they can put most games on linear

Cbs and Espn made a joint offer , but I’d guess they couldn’t offer nearly as many games on linear

I still hate streaming sporting events , can’t even be on social media because you are like a minute behind

nBC also does a great job
The espn book guy said warners/fox deal was more money too

When we get old we will look back and see how instrumental NBC was in making soccer mainstream here, I have zero doubt about that

When we get old we will look back and see how instrumental NBC was in making soccer mainstream here, I have zero doubt about that
I remember when one of the men in blazers guys said he thinks ted lasso has had the biggest effect haha

Lol

FE8FMrBVcAQbSHt

Concacaf avoiding the south americans in the playoff is huge for whoever finishes 4th

Its almost for sure going to be New Zealand

Only 1 of italy or portugal going to make it

So it's either the european champions dont make it, or Ronaldo has played his last world cup game

Please wales v Scotland in that groups final

Ajax are really good again

Gonna get gutted soon when Antony, neres, and berghuis get poached, but fun to watch right now

Reactions: KJ
Atleti are somehow thru as it stands

Porto only need to get 1 back vs atleti to Go thru too

If atleti hold and Milan come back though they are

Ajax are really good again

Gonna get gutted soon when Antony, neres, and berghuis get poached, but fun to watch right now
They are on the brink

Guessing they get funding shortly to be big time constantly. Hell they already are.

They are on the brink

Guessing they get funding shortly to be big time constantly. Hell they already are.
They wont

They are never going to be because of the league they are in, they always end up selling

It's part of their pitch to young players, always has been, you come in and show out. We wont stop you from leaving when a big club comes calling

They could have kept de Jong and de ligt another year or two, but they dont wanna get that reputation , same with vertonghen, eriksen, alderweireld, suarez etc.

They wont

They are never going to be because of the league they are in, they always end up selling

It's part of their pitch to young players, always has been, you come in and show out. We wont stop you from leaving when a big club comes calling

They could have kept de Jong and de ligt another year or two, but they dont wanna get that reputation , same with vertonghen, eriksen, alderweireld, suarez etc.
But seems like with finances in other countries they can

How can they be any worse than PSG in their league? France and Dutch are no different for me

And I know the oil money thing is coming but that wouldn't be shocking either if they were purchased

But seems like with finances in other countries they can

How can they be any worse than PSG in their league? France and Dutch are no different for me
Ligue 1 is much bigger than the eridivisie

Psg pay 2 or 3 players combined more than ajaxs entire squads wages combined

Ligue 1 is much bigger than the eridivisie

Psg pay 2 or 3 players combined more than ajaxs entire squads wages combined
I get that but I also try to understand the change of landscape

Ligue 1 isn't flush with cash, PSG area and maybe a couple other teams at most

How isn't that ripe for Eridivisie to be plucked up for the same thing?

Dutch league should be an investor's paradise

I get that but I also try to understand the change of landscape

Ligue 1 isn't flush with cash, PSG area and maybe a couple other teams at most

How isn't that ripe for Eridivisie to be plucked up for the same thing?

Dutch league should be an investor's paradise
Because it has no market value in the rest of Europe, north america, and especially Asia

MLS teams would be a better investment, the latest mls expansion fees are higher than the 2nd highest value team in the eredivisie PSV

Any team in england,,spain, Italy, Germany, france, has a higher ceiling than ajax if oil money wanted them.

Because it has no market value in the rest of Europe, north america, and especially Asia

MLS teams would be a better investment, the latest mls expansion fees are higher than the 2nd highest value team in the eredivisie PSV

Any team in england,,spain, Italy, Germany, france, has a higher ceiling than ajax if oil money wanted them.
Guess I kind of get it but can't oil money absolutely create the market too? Can't tell me in this landscape PSV is worth more than a top MLS team, the marketing is all there for high end Europe and a ton of it is because of the US market

Guess I kind of get it but can't oil money absolutely create the market too? Can't tell me in this landscape PSV is worth more than a top MLS team, the marketing is all there for high end Europe and a ton of it is because of the US market
I think for it to matter you would need a few more competitive teams in the league, then when the tv deal can be sold for more and the league has more prestige, it could happen

But even with PSG being the goliath, ligue 1 still has competitive teams and well known teams

So if say 3 billionaires made a pact to buy ajax, PSV, and feyenoord. In 5-10 years they could compete in Europe consistently

even something like newcastle, they wont be signing big big players for 3 years or so I imagine. This january they are rumored to be signing lingard and winks ffs haha

They will get their version of robinho, but you would remember with city, it wasnt until they were competitive for top 4 that aguero and the likes started signing. Established world class players.

That was bullshit too, ref started the craziness 20 mins ago when it was 1-0

Under was the right play
Crazy I can deal with it with spontaneous plays but when putting time in it feels like a crime

Gamble whining 101 but fuck

I saw the 49ers have an option to buy leeds within the next 4 years, which will forsure happen

The value is already there on the deal

I think for it to matter you would need a few more competitive teams in the league, then when the tv deal can be sold for more and the league has more prestige, it could happen

But even with PSG being the goliath, ligue 1 still has competitive teams and well known teams

So if say 3 billionaires made a pact to buy ajax, PSV, and feyenoord. In 5-10 years they could compete in Europe consistently

even something like newcastle, they wont be signing big big players for 3 years or so I imagine. This january they are rumored to be signing lingard and winks ffs haha

They will get their version of robinho, but you would remember with city, it wasnt until they were competitive for top 4 that aguero and the likes started signing. Established world class players.
You give me too much credit

Only reason I got into European soccer was that glorious moment in an extended stay hotel in 2012 on a Sunday morning watching Aguero's goal

Mind you at that point I only knew I couldn't stand United lol

Then all of this happened. Not sure if we're growing or regressing, but I've enjoyed it!

If you stay up til 4am to watch you get it

They yelled out United v Villarreal but that was impossible and then we get drawn

It was a complete disaster
The United ball was missing from one of the pots wasn't it?

Back