• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 13 What Are We Learning

I remember Willie Taggert at Western Kentucky. And I remember him at USF. I thought he was at one time a decent coach. What the hell is happening at FAU? Ends the season on a 4 game losing streak.

Colorado State probably does not have a lot of buyout money I am assuming, but that program has crashed and burned since Addazio got there.

Make sure Liberty is on everyone's 2021 bust lists. And to think that some people still think Willis has some kind of NFL future? I guess he could be like Tyler Huntley or something and be somebody's backup, maybe?

Nice for Rice to finally grab an elusive win

North Texas, man...some finish! Winners of 5 straight (6 straight covers)

What a yo-yo team Wyoming is! Lose to Hawaii at home by 24, the week after beating Utah State by 27 on the road.

Was fun seeing some snow games today.

Alabama shut out for 3 quarters!

Bedlam!

Kansas defense didn’t get better this season.
The offense most definitely did.

I think that team gets 1-2 more wins if the defense could get out on 3rd and Long. I mean they gave up points on 3rd and long a few times this season that were eventually the difference.

I doubt Leipold fires his DC he brought from buffalo after one year but next year……

Jalon Daniels can no longer red shirt just as an FYI.

The overall team is young. There’s definitely some potential there.

Cub and I talked about it in Vegas before I took a nap. KU fans aren’t asking for national championship or even BigXII champs.

We don’t want to be embarrassed at home anymore, we want to win a couple games on the road, maybe an upset or 2 every year, let’s make a bowl game every 2-3 years.

They only lost by 3 to TCU the week after beating Texas. To me, that’s a big step. My friends and I kept saying they’re reading their own headlines and think they’re hot shit after UT.

There was nobody that stood out on defense IMO. Hence why I had no comments.

D line is small and got bullied by real O Lines

Secondary gave up a lot passes they probably shouldn’t have as a big 12 team

Honestly it’s a complete overhaul

Remember when I’m talking KU football I’m speaking in regards to KU standards. The offense showed they could move it compared to past offenses especially in the 2H of the season

So when I say if the defense got some 3 and outs as well as the 4th downs they gave up that offense might have had a chance.

I honestly don’t know whether to be concerned about Alabama’s ongoing inefficiency and puzzling struggles against inferior competition, or encouraged by their ability to win ugly games.
This is something we haven’t seen out of UGA because of how dominant they’ve been. We have no clue how they will respond to adversity.

Coaching still matters a lot -
- It cost Auburn a game. Before its last drive in regulation, the coaching staff has to be in the ears of the QB, WRs and RBs: Do not go out of bounds under any circumstances . Walking off the field after the game, Harsin looked like his first born had died. He'll have to live with that loss all off season. It didn't have to happen.
- If you're a punt returner, put your heel on the 10-yard line and don't move an inch back. Just don't move. We saw two TDs in the OU / OSU game last night from returners doing otherwise and muffing punts.
- Lining up in the neutral zone continues to be the most inexcusable penalty in football. I saw this multiple times this weekend. Just take a quick peek down the LOS and see where the ball is.
- Please don't take timeouts, especially multiple ones, to the locker room at the half. Please.

Alabama exorcised some demons in what’s been a house of horrors for us. Only fitting that it was this team instead of the great ones in the past that did it. Crazy year. Might be Saban’s best coaching job to have them where they are

I will say the same for a 2 loss tOSU and Bama.
But surely you have to have sympathy with the fact that Bama has to play Georgia of all teams…Georgia would make any other one-loss team a two-loss team, it‘s just cruel fate that Bama is the team that has to deal with number one

Auburn had 11 first downs yesterday. 5 of those were through penalties. Bo Nix thinks the refs called an excellent game yesterday.

I know it was the backup QB, but Alabama defense was really good yesterday. 168 total yards for AU.

But surely you have to have sympathy with the fact that Bama has to play Georgia of all teams…Georgia would make any other one-loss team a two-loss team, it‘s just cruel fate that Bama is the team that has to deal with number one
It is what it is, but it does seem a little unusual that Alabama is either the #1 overall seed, or completely out.

I wonder if Bama miscues make the committee worry about its ability to handle a big stage. Bama will need to at the very least show a lot more composure throughout the whole game against Georgia than it did against Auburn until the end

I wonder if Bama miscues make the committee worry about its ability to handle a big stage. Bama will need to at the very least show a lot more composure throughout the whole game against Georgia than it did against Auburn until the end
True, but those miscues are par for the course when we play down there. We usually don’t overcome them though

Looks like line moved a bit after the Auburn game. UGA from -4 to -6. Not like shutting out GT would've made a difference.

WR Williamson targeting was 1st H or 2nd H yesterday?

It's nice seeing those special connections. Wish ISU could've made a better season. Don't really like the idea of Campbell leaving.

Looks like line moved a bit after the Auburn game. UGA from -4 to -6. Not like shutting out GT would've made a difference.

WR Williamson targeting was 1st H or 2nd H yesterday?
1st half so he’ll be available for the whole game

Kansas defense didn’t get better this season.
The offense most definitely did.

I think that team gets 1-2 more wins if the defense could get out on 3rd and Long. I mean they gave up points on 3rd and long a few times this season that were eventually the difference.

I doubt Leipold fires his DC he brought from buffalo after one year but next year……

Jalon Daniels can no longer red shirt just as an FYI.

The overall team is young. There’s definitely some potential there.

Cub and I talked about it in Vegas before I took a nap. KU fans aren’t asking for national championship or even BigXII champs.

We don’t want to be embarrassed at home anymore, we want to win a couple games on the road, maybe an upset or 2 every year, let’s make a bowl game every 2-3 years.

They only lost by 3 to TCU the week after beating Texas. To me, that’s a big step. My friends and I kept saying they’re reading their own headlines and think they’re hot shit after UT.
You know they impressed me the last few weeks. Just wish they could have cashed my moneyline plays.

If Georgia would beat anyone it plays, a playoff is unnecessary, and there’s no reason to sympathize with anyone for being left out of the playoff.

Coaching still matters a lot -
- It cost Auburn a game. Before its last drive in regulation, the coaching staff has to be in the ears of the QB, WRs and RBs: Do not go out of bounds under any circumstances . Walking off the field after the game, Harsin looked like his first born had died. He'll have to live with that loss all off season. It didn't have to happen.
- If you're a punt returner, put your heel on the 10-yard line and don't move an inch back. Just don't move. We saw two TDs in the OU / OSU game last night from returners doing otherwise and muffing punts.
- Lining up in the neutral zone continues to be the most inexcusable penalty in football. I saw this multiple times this weekend. Just take a quick peek down the LOS and see where the ball is.
- Please don't take timeouts, especially multiple ones, to the locker room at the half. Please.
How about converting the third-down situation? He got three extra yards by not going down inbounds.

Not going for 2 in OT1 was a much larger coaching error than Tsnk getting pushed out of bounds

I also learned today that auburn and Tennessee fans think that the refs cost AU the game

Not going for 2 in OT1 was a much larger coaching error than Tsnk getting pushed out of bounds
Disagree. Going for 2 is a dicey proposition. Sitting down in the field of play is easy. You just stop. It wasn't about converting a 1st down at that point. It was about saddling up with your best friend at that moment, the clock.

Auburn blew it. No other way to spin it. The game was theirs and they gave it away. Take away 30 seconds from Bama and they don't win.

Last edited:
Disagree. Going for 2 is a dicey proposition. Sitting down in the field of play is easy. You just stop. It wasn't about converting a 1st down at that point. It was about saddling up with your best friend at that moment, the clock.

Auburn blew it. No other way to spin it. The game was theirs and they gave it away. Take away 30 seconds from Bama and they don't win.
I said it earlier, but I think Tank was trying to get down, he just waited too late when Battle got to him and was able to push him out. But you absolutely go for 2 in that situation. Their best 2 point play worked, with the help of an uncalled block in the back lol, no way you want to extend that game with a gimpy QB against a D that had dominated you all night, with no momentum, against a vastly superior team. Every analytic in the book says go for 2. Bigger problem than an effort play imo

I said it earlier, but I think Tank was trying to get down, he just waited too late when Battle got to him and was able to push him out. But you absolutely go for 2 in that situation. Their best 2 point play worked, with the help of an uncalled block in the back lol, no way you want to extend that game with a gimpy QB against a D that had dominated you all night, with no momentum, against a vastly superior team. Every analytic in the book says go for 2. Bigger problem than an effort play imo

Fair point(s).

Back