• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

BIG week 13

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Last full slate of the year....been a fast ride.

Iowa vs Nebraska-Let's get a W for the corn here, deserve it.

Ohio State vs. Michigan-Scared to see the final score as a Michigan fan.

Maryland vs. Rutgers-Which team has quit?

Northwestern vs. Illinois-Is Bert back for this big one?

Indiana vs. Purdue-Purdue should close strong?

Penn State vs. Michigan State-MSU has exceeded expectations this year without a doubt, but you have to wonder how the confidence is these days?

Thoughts?

Nebraska and Penn State. Want to take Purdue but this might be the only game Indy decides to show up.

Guess they think those DEs can cause some problems.
I'll have a much longer post later but I'd say last week OSU online pass protection was as good as it gets. That's scary for UM. That's their chance, to get to Stroud. In fact, their only chance.

I'll have a much longer post later but I'd say last week OSU online pass protection was as good as it gets. That's scary for UM. That's their chance, to get to Stroud. In fact, their only chance.

Nebraska did better than I expected, esp on 3rd down. OSU was down Wilson at WR. I think that actually helped OSU in the long run, because JSN had a big game and now you have 3 great WR to deal with.

Nebraska did better than I expected, esp on 3rd down. OSU was down Wilson at WR. I think that actually helped OSU in the long run, because JSN had a big game and now you have 3 great WR to deal with.
Terrific lol

MSU secondary is such trash. It was shocking to see in person...PSU gonna chuck it all over the yard, no? I'd be interested in a PSU TT over as long as there is no weather...

MSU secondary is such trash. It was shocking to see in person...PSU gonna chuck it all over the yard, no? I'd be interested in a PSU TT over as long as there is no weather...
In theory, a good play.

Curious on Clifford... He's just had a rough few months. He's a gamer, how he finished our game is still amazing to me.

Last full slate of the year....been a fast ride.

Iowa vs Nebraska-Let's get a W for the corn here, deserve it.

Ohio State vs. Michigan-Scared to see the final score as a Michigan fan.

Maryland vs. Rutgers-Which team has quit?

Northwestern vs. Illinois-Is Bert back for this big one?

Indiana vs. Purdue-Purdue should close strong?

Penn State vs. Michigan State-MSU has exceeded expectations this year without a doubt, but you have to wonder how the confidence is these days?

Thoughts?
Harbaugh been outclassed by Scott Frost and James Franklin already.....they won because the have more talent and neither team can throw the ball well. Not so much vs OSU.....

Schiano won't let Rutgers give up. Best coach in BIg10 easily.....Maryland off 3 brutal games vs Penn St,Mich st and Mich....Pretty sure they just want the season to end....

Harbaugh been outclassed by Scott Frost and James Franklin already.....they won because the have more talent and neither team can throw the ball well. Not so much vs OSU.....

Schiano won't let Rutgers give up. Best coach in BIg10 easily.....Maryland off 3 brutal games vs Penn St,Mich st and Mich....Pretty sure they just want the season to end....

I agree with you and would pick Maryland as the team just wanting to be done right now.

Alright,

Final week of the regular season...

Last week was great betting wise with the TT palooza in Columbus. That was just such an easy cap that was in the works for weeks. That first drive of underneath stuff as MSU blitzed so hard set the tone. They were defeated at that point when they couldn't get to Stroud. Ballgame.

Michigan played a nice game at Maryland, lotta guys got involved. The defense gave up a few plays, but that is expected with this defense (more later).

High scoring in Madison, as that series has been...

Indiana has quit...that is quite evident...

Purdue with a nice little season...

Okay, enough recap... lets get to the final week...

----------------------------------------------------------

So, before I try and bet anything in the PSU-MSU game I need some clarification on injuries. Apparently Walker is banged up a bit? That was news to me today but he got dinged a bit on Saturday and might have had something small coming in? Who knows. I'd assume he is playing. On the other side, I had no clue that Clifford barely played Saturday. I wasn't involved in that game so I never looked at it on TV or a box until today. Obviously he's gotten beat up this last half of the year and he barely made it through the Michigan game. This PK line here is wildly interesting to me. Yes, a healthy Cliff and Dotson should have success vs this horrific pass defense. With that being said, Walker should go nuts vs this run defense. A 10 win season and possible Fiesta Bowl berth on the line for MSU while Penn State is kind of in no man's land with their record. Big motivational edge here. Part of me wants to take that PJ right now, but something is weird here. I'll wait.

Cub said no AM for the Huskers as they battle Iowa at home. The line is currently only 1.5. I was figuring more like 3.5 to be honest. We know the Nebraska story this year. You kind of hope they win this, it is deserved for their players. On the other side, Iowa is a tad overrated but still a solid team. No clue here.

Maryland and Rutgers...good lord... who's watching this? This is the battle to get to .500 and bowl eligible.

Purdue is big ole chalk in their rivalry game with Indiana and well deserved. What a reversal of fortunes this year for the Hoosiers. The Purdue squad should handle them, although this is still a pretty hefty tariff. I think I'd maybe look at an Indiana TT under here(if forced to bet) I'd say 17 is about their high point in this game.

I haven't watched any Illinois in some time. They were definitely competitive last week with the Hawkeyes and enter the Northwestern game as pretty solid chalk. On principle, I think you take dog or nothing here. My answer, is nothing.

Minnesota and Wisconsin is always a good one. The improvement that the Badgers has made has been impressive. Imma call it the Jalen Berger effect (half joking, but guessing chemistry improved a lot). Minnesota has really held on solid enough with all the early injuries and that awful home loss to the MAC. No leans here but guessing this one is pretty close for awhile.

Alright, that wraps it up for my mini-preview this week.

Good luck to all!

Michigan vs Ohio State

Alright,

We know the story here. The last two games have been offensive onslaughts... Michigan has averaged 33 ppg in those two and lost by multiple TD's both games. There is a reason they are finally pushing this total into a more respectable range... and that may still be too low.

How can Michigan win? Control the ball and get to Stroud. That is simply the only way.

You can fluster him a bit, IF you can get to him. Last week, the Ohio State o-line played as good as they have all year(that I have seen). A great performance versus the Michigan duo (Hutch and Ojabo) and this one is over pretty quickly.

Back to ball control. This doesn't mean that you just run, run and run. It means that you still play your offense but control it for as much time as you can and be efficient. You do not kick FG's unless it is at least 4th and 7 or more. You be aggressive but smart. You can score on this defense but if they get a big lead, then you become one dimensional and turnovers might happen.

I do not think this is the best OSU team of this run of theirs (which is their golden age in their history). I think they are damn good and have improved quite a bit as the season has gone on. I've said it a lot, but that game Stroud sat was the best thing that happened to them all year. Sometimes watching is better than anything. With all this being said, they are in position to make a run to a championship game in a NCAAF season that really has no true dominant team or a group of teams that are head and shoulders above the rest. Numbers 3-16 or so can be jostled around quite a bit.

Going into this game there are a few things I like about UM much more than in the past...

1. They actually work on this game the whole calendar year. Ohio State has cared more about this game for several years now, and that just isn't right. They have more motivation, even as the favorite in just about every year.

2. No Don Brown. He was simply to easy to prepare for vs any good offense. So, so stubborn.

3. I don't believe that any current coaches are already heading to OSU this off-season and not really into it (lol)

4. This is a true team, and probably the best example of that since 2016.

Now, what do I not like?

1. McDonald has been a great addition to the staff. With that being said, he has had some breakdowns. The MSU game most notably. They also let Rutgers and Nebraska do some uptempo stuff that spilled over into the game in East Lansing.

2. Other than the last few games, the redzone issues are scary

3. Corum injury

4. Too many UM ticket holders let their tickets get sold off to OSU fans. Gross. I hate 50% or more of our fanbase. They suck.

Prediction:

Michigan will play hard and they will make some plays. They also will give up some big plays. This defense has been solid this year but in no shape or form is elite. They have improved and technique is much better but this is still a young group and they make mistakes. Going against a bunch of NFL guys in the open field will expose that a bit. I think on offense they will be aggressive and have a good gameplan (a la 2017 -- how the hell did they almost win that game with O'Korn?). I just don't think they will be able to keep up when it's all said and done...

I know Day will want to run it up....so unless Michigan gets a lead and some ball control this should get to the over and OSU TT for the game...

Anything can happen... but gonna say (for now, I'll give a final prediction on Friday) something like 48-31

Everyone has Michigan getting blown out so maybe this is the year they surprise and win. Then again I'm not wasting money on Harbaugh in a big spot like this.

there no way i could play corn without getting enough points to matter, iowa thrives on other team making mistakes and corn will make them!

is Clifford gonna play for psu? i might just be crazy but licking my chops for some clifford props vs sparty pass d!!

if clifford plays ill be hitting all his over props.

Cool piece by ESPN. I love how they did this.

He will be forever and ever and ever as long as they play this game be the single most hated Michigan player. Even Tim Biackabucktoothba and Woodson don’t come close.

I'd be interested to hear from TTUN fans on here who is the biggest Ohio State villain in your mind?

An OSU Podcast I listened to this morning had a fan vote and it was Desmond, Bo, Woodson, and Tim B with Harbaugh in fifth...Kolesar and Rick Leach were also up there...

I'd be interested to hear from TTUN fans on here who is the biggest Ohio State villain in your mind?

An OSU Podcast I listened to this morning had a fan vote and it was Desmond, Bo, Woodson, and Tim B with Harbaugh in fifth...Kolesar and Rick Leach were also up there...
Hmmm...

I'll chew on that for a minute...

I like that your top 3 are all from Ohio ;)

Justin Boren and Jim Tressel a tie.

then

Joey Bosa

J. B. Shugarts

@cubsker or anyone...what kind of QB is Logan Smothers and what type of gameplan might be expected with him?

@cubsker or anyone...what kind of QB is Logan Smothers and what type of gameplan might be expected with him?
Think it will be similar to Martinez with more emphasis on the run game…they should dial back the playbook and keep things simple which I believe will benefit them. Really interesting matchup, looking forward to it

Back