• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

World Series Discussion Thread: Braves vs. Astros

Game 1 winners are 27-6 the last 33 WS (of the 6 exceptions: 3 were decided in a game 7 & 3 were decided in a game 6: no instances of a team losing game 1 then winning 4 straight).

Highly unusual: to have a WS split after 2 games with each team having managed their respective wins by 4 or more runs.
Only occurred 5 times in the previous 116 WS played. Of those previous 5 occasions, teams with HFA managed a 1-4 WS record (the one HFA-winning exception: the 1964 Saint Louis Cardinals, who won game 1 by 4 runs then lost game 2 by 5 runs - twilight zone, anyone? - then won 2 of 3 on the road before coming back home to win game 7).

Much deeper pitching, they have built in rest days for pitchers too. They been finding ways all year.
Without Big Game Morton I'm not sure I trust the Braves staff much more than Houston moving forward...I actually like the `Stros bullpen pieces and depth quite a bit. Tonight feels like a must win for the Braves more so than the `Stros to me with 2 likely bullpen games looming with the likes of Smyly and Wright trying to eat up innings in Game 4 & 5. A lot of weight on Anderson's shoulders to go deep tonight against a lineup that just wears pitchers out but he's obviously capable.

Fun series either way and hopefully fun for my bankroll in the end ;)

Game 1 winners are 27-6 the last 33 WS (of the 6 exceptions: 3 were decided in a game 7 & 3 were decided in a game 6: no instances of a team losing game 1 then winning 4 straight).

Highly unusual: to have a WS split after 2 games with each team having managed their respective wins by 4 or more runs.
Only occurred 5 times in the previous 116 WS played. Of those previous 5 occasions, teams with HFA managed a 1-4 WS record (the one HFA-winning exception: the 1964 Saint Louis Cardinals, who won game 1 by 4 runs then lost game 2 by 5 runs - twilight zone, anyone? - then won 2 of 3 on the road before coming back home to win game 7).

I can't remember the last time I saw a @BetCrimes1984 post. You can't see me, but there's a tear of joy in my eye right now.

Also, I'm climbing back on the over today. I don't love the hook on that eight, but it's back under 9 and @KJ said I should be good here.

Without Big Game Morton I'm not sure I trust the Braves staff much more than Houston moving forward...I actually like the `Stros bullpen pieces and depth quite a bit. Tonight feels like a must win for the Braves more so than the `Stros to me with 2 likely bullpen games looming with the likes of Smyly and Wright trying to eat up innings in Game 4 & 5. A lot of weight on Anderson's shoulders to go deep tonight against a lineup that just wears pitchers out but he's obviously capable.

Fun series either way and hopefully fun for my bankroll in the end ;)

I agree in the sense braves have the most pressure tonight.

The Braves needed to win Game 2 IMO. I don't know where they get 3 wins now.

Cold, rainy, and breezy tonight. Ball won't be flying out like in mid-summer. Think this favors the Astros who aren't as homer dependent.

I'm leaning to Bravos tonight, but not locked in yet. Stros are outside the top 10 in wRC against fastballs from RHP and Ian has one of the best. Think he can lock them down. I know Garcia looked good last time, but he's been awful besides that.

Key to Anderson is getting through the 1st. Was able to do so vs LA. Was really good although he only went 4, before being lifted for a PH.

Braves really need him to go at least 6 tonight.

Have a blast man, is there rain in the forecast or just getting dark?
Thanks, man. It should just be drizzling for most of the game. Not hard though. Hopefully they're right. I'd hate for it to start the game then have a delay and knock the starting pitchers out.

What is this water from the sky? No one ordered that. How about some wind, maybe blowing out to left center.

Got home mid-afternoon this past day and immediately cranked up the illegal stream (knowing nothing of the score), only for the first 2 ABs I witnessed to be those Braves homers. Previous day had completely forgotten about the game so only joined proceedings beginning the bottom of the 8th, thus saw a couple of ABs before d'Arnaud's insurance run homer. Can't tamper with a winning trend (esp. at the expense of the team that eliminated the RSox), so will deliberately keep away from viewing the game or knowing the score until at least NZ 3.30pm tomorrow.

My Atlanta sports history won't let me relax until this is over. Too many scars and seen way too much bad shit happen.

I'd start Minter. Let him go 2. Maybe 3. Get the righty Chavez for an inning. I don't want to see Smyly at all. But I'm guessing Snitker uses him and Davidson and maybe Martin, to try and get you to the 7th. Also how about scoring some damn runs early on one time?

My Atlanta sports history won't let me relax until this is over. Too many scars and seen way too much bad shit happen.

I'd start Minter. Let him go 2. Maybe 3. Get the righty Chavez for an inning. I don't want to see Smyly at all. But I'm guessing Snitker uses him and Davidson and maybe Martin, to try and get you to the 7th. Also how about scoring some damn runs early on one time?
Man I hope they do it.

:shake:

Everyone's last appearance will be tonight.
Makes it easier for this game that they're playing w/house money by getting the first 2 at home, they can play to have fun with the BP game. Kinda like a bunch of runs tonight

Makes it easier for this game that they're playing w/house money by getting the first 2 at home, they can play to have fun with the BP game. Kinda like a bunch of runs tonight

Yes. Should be a lot of scoring.

Kudos to the other side so far. Master class pitching and some huge defensive moments to get it to 3-1. Been a hell of a fun ride of a 18-1 ticket no matter what. I’m going down with the ship and will tip my cap to Braves ticket holders and fans to a well deserved win if it ends tonight.

Good luck gents

I watched the game last night for the first bit of WS baseball this year.

Rooting for the Braves even after the nightmares of the Sid Bream slide have haunted all Pirates fans for decades.

Back