• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

ALCS: Red Sox vs. Astros Discussion Thread

No respect..hoping the redsox keep pace though and continue to crush fastballs.should be in for a doozy...can someone tell me who the best coach is in the mlb?

No respect..hoping the redsox keep pace though and continue to crush fastballs.should be in for a doozy...can someone tell me who the best coach is in the mlb?

I don’t think +130 is too disrespectful. Did you think you’d be favored?

Astros pitching wasn’t good vs Sox. Sox just couldn’t get a big hit all series other than in G3.

I hope the Red Sox light them up!

Last edited:
Ya insert homer Simpson...sorry my emotions will get the best of me with the redsox just such a wild ride , i had Astros winning everything in beginning of year so this is all sorts of fucked up ..yall know the hotter team who is rolling and putting up 5 or more runs will rise to the top, 100% whoever wins this American League series championship will win the world series...

McCullers out for the series.

Infuriating. Although, look, the White Sox couldn't generate consistent offense really no matter who was on the mound so they didn't deserve to be here. Still, how great would have a Lance Lynn vs. Chris Sale Game 1 have been? Amazing? Right, it would have been amazing.

Didn't get the best number, but I'll take a flyer on the over tonight (8.5). I love Chris Sale, but really, my love for him sort of ended once he got his ring. That's all I really ever wanted for the guy, he put in the work for it, got traded to a team who doesn't win it without him, and gets the last out to win the WS. What could be better. Now, post injury and Covid, he's a nice story, but he hasn't been the same guy. Both of these teams hit lefties well, I feel like Game 1 goes to 10 or more.

Chris Sale just mentioned he just had 2 of the worst starts of his career, what are the odds it happens again tonight?

Chris Sale just mentioned he just had 2 of the worst starts of his career, what are the odds it happens again tonight?

So, I don't think that happens, but I'm believer in recent form going into the post season. Good example of this was Carlos Rodon in Gamve 4 for the White Sox. Like Sale, Rodon is a gamer. The guy wants the ball in his hand. But the truth is, over the last couple of months, Rodon simply wasn't the same guy he was early in the season when he was one guy leaning into a pitch away from a perfect game. So even though Rodon wanted the ball in G4 and even though Sox fans really wanted to believe he was going to have that storybook performance, what was more likely was what happened. It just wasn't there for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this same type of thing with Sale tonight. Could Sale throw 10 Ks and give up two through six? Absolutely. Does his current form suggest that's what's going to happen. Sadly, no. My sense is both teams score, and Sale could still end up getting the win. I still think he's the better pitcher today. But my guess is this is a 6-5, 7-5, 8-5 type game today, somewhere in there.

Unless Houston's bats don't get off the plane. Then it will be up to the Red Sox to put up like eight, which I honestly think is possible based on how they hit lefties.

So, I don't think that happens, but I'm believer in recent form going into the post season. Good example of this was Carlos Rodon in Gamve 4 for the White Sox. Like Sale, Rodon is a gamer. The guy wants the ball in his hand. But the truth is, over the last couple of months, Rodon simply wasn't the same guy he was early in the season when he was one guy leaning into a pitch away from a perfect game. So even though Rodon wanted the ball in G4 and even though Sox fans really wanted to believe he was going to have that storybook performance, what was more likely was what happened. It just wasn't there for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this same type of thing with Sale tonight. Could Sale throw 10 Ks and give up two through six? Absolutely. Does his current form suggest that's what's going to happen. Sadly, no. My sense is both teams score, and Sale could still end up getting the win. I still think he's the better pitcher today. But my guess is this is a 6-5, 7-5, 8-5 type game today, somewhere in there.

Unless Houston's bats don't get off the plane. Then it will be up to the Red Sox to put up like eight, which I honestly think is possible based on how they hit lefties.
Spot on about all of that

Sale recency obviously a concern but I have a feeling we see the good Sale tonight, just an opinion

Maybe he doesn’t have to be super sharp either if Boston smacks the ball around like they have been

"All Houston needs to do is score six more runs, what's their problem" is a thing I just said out loud. In case you're wondering how my night is going.

As figured Bill Miller is behind the plate tonight, hugeeeee strike zone and Laz Diaz is off so will likely be there tomorrow

I usually would auto under in this spot with him but liked over so guess it will be live or nothing. Think BOS rakes better than HOU here but need to see a bit before betting

As figured Bill Miller is behind the plate tonight, hugeeeee strike zone and Laz Diaz is off so will likely be there tomorrow

I usually would auto under in this spot with him but liked over so guess it will be live or nothing. Think BOS rakes better than HOU here but need to see a bit before betting
Bill is a good friend of mine who looks for strikes and out calls. Its cold there too so overs is a little more risky tonight.

The Astros have one of the worst pitching staffs I've ever seen for a team playing in a league championship series. These overs have been almost too easy.
I’m so mad at myself for only playing Red Sox last night. Liked over all day (and came into series with intentions to target overs)

what Boston has done so far this post season with bats is historical and vs all good team era pitching staffs NYY, TB, Hou. Let’s also not forget what BOS did in first half of season either before we go and call them mediocre.

The Astros have one of the worst pitching staffs I've ever seen for a team playing in a league championship series. These overs have been almost too easy.
Ranked #4 AL team era. Good hitting teams can sometimes make it appear that their opponents have poor pitching.

I probably should be hedging off a little bit off of my 18-1 WS future and pending series bets.

But I think the Stros finish it tonight so adding a unit on the ML.

Great throw by Maldonado. but why does Boston have players who don't know how to slide? I mastered that at the age of 11 at camp under the supervision of a college coach.

How do you make it to the big leagues, and then play in the big leagues, without ever being exposed to coaching?

Last edited:
Back