• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Ryder Cup Discussion

Morikawa iron play ++++
DJ will most likely know the difference between a waste area and bunker this time
Don’t think this is a course that favors a guy like Bryson
Koepka will be fine
JT is the steady Eddie of the group (hopefully)
Xander needs favorable matchups and a good partner

Reed for captains choice?

Pairing Bryson and Koepka is gonna happen at least once at it will be them vs each other vs the Euros

Captain gets 6. Spieth and Reed are automatics. Phil gets the call as a salute to history. Finau, Cantlay and Berger would round it out.

Captain gets 6. Spieth and Reed are automatics. Phil gets the call as a salute to history. Finau, Cantlay and Berger would round it out.
If Stricker wants to win, the only way Phil is there is as an asst. captain. Webb should be in the running with the ones you mentioned too

If Stricker wants to win, the only way Phil is there is as an asst. captain. Webb should be in the running with the ones you mentioned too
Will should be in the team, he's basically the perfect personality for RC

We probably do not know enuf about this. I would put folks on it that are motivated, great competitors and are enjoyed by other members - the last being the least important criteria.

My current 6 would be

Spieth
Reed
English
Cantlay
Simpson
Horschel

We probably do not know enuf about this. I would put folks on it that are motivated, great competitors and are enjoyed by other members - the last being the least important criteria.

My current 6 would be

Spieth
Reed
English
Cantlay
Simpson
Horschel
I'm sorry but a list without Brooks can't be serious. Top 10 in 12 of the last 16 majors is possibly the best stat in history

DJ v Rahm on Sunday for the Cup would be the best thing for golf in 20 years outside of Tiger Masters and US Open

NFL would be an afterthought that afternoon

I'd hate to see Finau left out. The guy is built for fourball, just a birdie machine.

There is no way Stricker leaves the reigning PGA champion off the squad.

English, Cantlay, Berger, Simpson, Horschel........I don't really have a preference for the last two. Which two bring along the best eye candy......that would influence my choice. In that category I'll take Cantlay and Berger. If Fowler could string a couple of wins then Stokke would be a must add.

Last edited:
I'd hate to see Finau left out. The guy is built for fourball, just a birdie machine.

There is no way Stricker leaves the reigning PGA champion off the squad.

English, Cantlay, Berger, Simpson, Horschel........I don't really have a preference for the last two. Which two bring along the best eye candy......that would influence my choice. In that category I'll take Cantlay and Berger. If Fowler could string a couple of wins then Stokke would be a must add.
I would take Berger over Finau. Just me.

Euro team gonna look like

Rahm
Fleetwood
Rory
Hatton
Hovland
Casey
Fitzpatrick
Westwood
Lowry

I'd say those 9 are locks

Perez may make the automatics over lowry

Questions are

Garcia
Poulter
Rose
Macintyre

Taking Phil would say to me that the US isn't serious about winning. Outside of that miracle week in May, he's been non-competitive on tour for 3 or 4 years. He was trounced at the last RC and his record is pretty mediocre anyway. If you want him for the team room, great, make him a vice capt.

After the first 6, Spieth and Reed are easy choices. So are Finau and Cantlay IMO. For the last 2, it's Berger, Webb, Billy Ho (just because he won the match play), then Harris English. I would pick Scheffler over all 3 of those guys. His record in big events is phenomenal, but overshadowed by how ridiculous Morikawa has been and the lack of a win

Euro team gonna look like

Rahm
Fleetwood
Rory
Hatton
Hovland
Casey
Fitzpatrick
Westwood
Lowry

I'd say those 9 are locks

Perez may make the automatics over lowry

Questions are

Garcia
Poulter
Rose
Macintyre
Poulter absolutely

Sergio as well.

Those two live for this event.

Taking Phil would say to me that the US isn't serious about winning. Outside of that miracle week in May, he's been non-competitive on tour for 3 or 4 years. He was trounced at the last RC and his record is pretty mediocre anyway. If you want him for the team room, great, make him a vice capt.

After the first 6, Spieth and Reed are easy choices. So are Finau and Cantlay IMO. For the last 2, it's Berger, Webb, Billy Ho (just because he won the match play), then Harris English. I would pick Scheffler over all 3 of those guys. His record in big events is phenomenal, but overshadowed by how ridiculous Morikawa has been and the lack of a win
Great point on Sheff

I agree with gps_3. Scheffler is a must add in my opinion. Top 10 in last 3 majors, top 20 in last 5… he’s a birdie machine. I didn’t think links golf would suit his game. Obviously I was wrong.

I agree with gps_3. Scheffler is a must add in my opinion. Top 10 in last 3 majors, top 20 in last 5… he’s a birdie machine. I didn’t think links golf would suit his game. Obviously I was wrong.
Runner up in Match Play event too

Best part of RC is knowing the US will kick ass on Sunday...it's those other two days that need the attention
Yes, the team play, and especially the alt-shot has been the bane for years. Except that year at Medinah when the whole team threw up on themselves in singles

Yes, the team play, and especially the alt-shot has been the bane for years. Except that year at Medinah when the whole team threw up on themselves in singles
Man Blake and Bryson in alt shot together might ruin the world

Hal Sutton got crucified for putting Phil and Tiger together in 2004. Rightfully so. Phil trashed him after.

No way in hell Brooks and Bryson would be paired together.

Won't happen but I'd like to see a red-ass like Kisner get in there and do something. I'd be down with Billy Ho though.

As a golf fan, I'd like to MacIntyre get in. Kid has enormous potential and I'd like to see a young gun on the Euro side.

Reactions: KJ
As a golf fan, I'd like to MacIntyre get in. Kid has enormous potential and I'd like to see a young gun on the Euro side.
The euros are in a period of transition it seems with Sergio, Stenson, Rose, Westwood, and Poulter all kind of in the twilight of their careers. Will be interesting to see what players rise to the occasion

I'd also like to see the US pick Zalatoris. Not because he deserves it, though it was debatable a couple of months ago, but so we can all ridicule the PGA Tour for their ridiculous restrictions on his lack of membership and playoff eligibility

The euros are in a period of transition it seems with Sergio, Stenson, Rose, Westwood, and Poulter all kind of in the twilight of their careers. Will be interesting to see what players rise to the occasion

I'd also like to see the US pick Zalatoris. Not because he deserves it, though it was debatable a couple of months ago, but so we can all ridicule the PGA Tour for their ridiculous restrictions on his lack of membership and playoff eligibility
Will be be a trendy pick and he should be, think he's more relatable to the blue collar fan than any other American

Should leave not a lot of doubt that Kiz should get an invite now.... (Here's to hoping at least for the USA's sake..... although @B.A.R. probably wouldn't want him on there with that bet ;) )

Should leave not a lot of doubt that Kiz should get an invite now.... (Here's to hoping at least for the USA's sake..... although @B.A.R. probably wouldn't want him on there with that bet ;) )
Lots of guys he'd have to pass just to be considered, can't see today doing that

Probably so...i'm also heavily heavily biased and would roll the dice putting him on at this point if I were Stricker
Just saw going into this tournament he was 23rd in the standings and pretty sure the top 11 will all go pending some disaster in the playoffs

Should be able to trade for profit if US does their usual form in Fri Sat matches...

Reactions: KJ
Team USA is going to be so combustible.

Home turf obviously a huge factor but man this has all the makings of either all coming together as one for the greater good or absolute disaster. Obviously, Europe doesn't get to set up the course...which helps... but I really still like my bet here...

Back