• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Arch Manning SZN

Can he just turn Pro like Basketball players? What’s the point of playing 1 year in college, then turn pro to study new playbook?

Can he just turn Pro like Basketball players? What’s the point of playing 1 year in college, then turn pro to study new playbook?
Unless they change the rules you can't be drafted until 3 years removed from high school

That’s so stupid.....3 years....meanwhile basketball is 1 year and then u have baseball.....
And why the average NFL lifespan of a running back is less than 3 years. Utter bullshit completely controlled by the shield.

That’s so stupid.....3 years....meanwhile basketball is 1 year and then u have baseball.....

Baseball is 3 years as well, unless you commit and go directly pro out of HS. That’s almost never a great option which is why most get drafted, go to college, and then turn pro after Junior year.

Football is set up that way based on the physicality of the game and guys bodies not being mature enough to get knocked around by grown ass men. Of course there are outliers who may be able to sustain, but by and large they’re simply trying to protect teenagers from getting killed.

Baseball is 3 years as well, unless you commit and go directly pro out of HS. That’s almost never a great option which is why most get drafted, go to college, and then turn pro after Junior year.

Football is set up that way based on the physicality of the game and guys bodies not being mature enough to get knocked around by grown ass men. Of course there are outliers who may be able to sustain, but by and large they’re simply trying to protect teenagers from getting killed.
It's also a thing the nfl wants from a business perspective

They basically get a free junior league to scout from, and you're gonna hit a lot more on draft picks when you select 21-22 year olds than 18 year olds

I do get the body argument too, but if for example the nfl wanted it, it could be changed

Some teams pushed in last nhl CBA to move the nhl draft to 19 not 18 too for similar reasons

It's also a thing the nfl wants from a business perspective

They basically get a free junior league to scout from, and you're gonna hit a lot more on draft picks when you select 21-22 year olds than 18 year olds

I do get the body argument too, but if for example the nfl wanted it, it could be changed

Some teams pushed in last nhl CBA to move the nhl draft to 19 not 18 too for similar reasons

Yes, it’s not all about the safety, but it certainly plays a significant role. You’re right about the business side of it too...but we all know there aren’t too many teenagers physically able to compete at the NFL level, and the rule has to play to the whole, not the outliers.

why isnt lsu the favorite?

Article explains why the sheriff and elite didnt, but that issue is gone now, it's a qb school post burrow
It would be nice for sure. The old Manning LSU rift gotta still be there a bit....LSU certainly is not the leader let’s say that. We have been getting Newman kids but I still think LSU isn’t the leader at any point but long way to go

It would be nice for sure. The old Manning LSU rift gotta still be there a bit....LSU certainly is not the leader let’s say that. We have been getting Newman kids but I still think LSU isn’t the leader at any point but long way to go
The article does mention 2 of Newman kids already going and his best friend, tight end I think, is very likely too

I do get the whole body argument but that should be left up to the athlete imo, especially in a sport where the majority of the RBs use up a bulk of their money making years making money for the NCAA.

MLB does what they do so that a team that spends a draft pick on a HS isn't screwed by a holdout for a year. I completely get that, if you're gonna spurn the team that spent a draft pick on you, you gotta pay the piper and wait 3 years to be drafted again. Wouldn't suck for the NFL to allow that, if a team likes a HS athlete enough to spend a pick on him, let the team take that risk.

I wish that were the case. I think Kiffin may actually hurt Ole Miss' chances. I would make Texas the favorite today.
Why is that?

I can't imagine an SEC guy going to Texas and Lane has to get the blood pumping if you're a QB in that conference

He’s not an SEC guy, per se. Obviously the family pedigree and he may wind up at an SEC school but it’s pretty wide open

Any chance some booster gives him 10 milly a year to be the face of some local car dealership?
Well they definitely don’t need the money so I would say he is an interesting case. Not that they would be against any of that, but it definitely is a different case for him than 90% of the athletes out there

Well they definitely don’t need the money so I would say he is an interesting case. Not that they would be against any of that, but it definitely is a different case for him than 90% of the athletes out there
Family does for sure, but does cooper?

Agree hes the one guy where he doesnt need to be set for life so the money doesnt matter as much most likely, but hes also the only guy who probly gets that kind of an offer at least coming in as a recruit

Family does for sure, but does cooper?

Agree hes the one guy where he doesnt need to be set for life so the money doesnt matter as much most likely, but hes also the only guy who probly gets that kind of an offer at least coming in as a recruit
Cooper made a shit ton of money for years working at Howard Weil in NO in the energy sector. I know for sure he pocketed 8 million when they sold to Scotia Bank a few years back

He has an interest in hotels as well. It’s not his oldest brother kinda dough but I bet he ain’t that that far off Eli

Interesting...

How would he hurt?

The Mannings are every bit as buttoned up as they appear on television. @twinkie13 nailed his description of Kiffin as not being a Manning family type of guy. It has nothing to do with Xs and Os. It's about structure, discipline, character, etc. For what it's worth, I disagree with the perception of Kiffin as a loose cannon. He's not 34 anymore. He's paid some dues. However, when compared to guys like Dabo, Saban, Kirby, etc., he's clearly an outlier.

The Mannings are every bit as buttoned up as they appear on television. @twinkie13 nailed his description of Kiffin as not being a Manning family type of guy. It has nothing to do with Xs and Os. It's about structure, discipline, character, etc. For what it's worth, I disagree with the perception of Kiffin as a loose cannon. He's not 34 anymore. He's paid some dues. However, when compared to guys like Dabo, Saban, Kirby, etc., he's clearly an outlier.
A refreshing outlier in my book

He has an interest in hotels as well. It’s not his oldest brother kinda dough but I bet he ain’t that that far off Eli
Hasn't Eli made most money any NFL player ever has to this point? Seem to remember a weird stat like that

Hasn't Eli made most money any NFL player ever has to this point? Seem to remember a weird stat like that
He might have and I’m probably exaggerating a bit but my point is Coopper definitely made over a million a year easily at the least at his day job

I know some of the QB Country guys, and they say that the Mannings will pick the program that they think is best for preparing Arch for the NFL. They also say that the Mannings aren't lying or playing coy when they say they don't know where he'll go or who even leads at this point, they are still in the information gathering stage. There is a belief that if they had to choose today, it would be Texas, but that is pure conjecture. Though Alabama will likely lock him up when we hire Cutcliffe as an analyst when he leaves Duke after this season

Would love to see Arch show some guts and go somewhere that he isn't surrounded by first round picks all over the field. At least go to LSU and beat Bama instead of just walking into an easy championship situation.

Back