• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

XFL... Shut er down

This is awful. There are reasons these QBs are not in the NFL. There are not enough quality olinemen in the world to fill am extra league. It's not close. This is bad football.

Took TB -1.5 yesterday for my first XFL play.

Will play live accordingly.
I'll be retiring after this. I almost bought off right before the pick 6 too. I do believe I had right side despite this ineptitude.

I watched 4 series.

That will do it for me this year in the XFL.
Lmao. The offenses are so far behind. No matter how you slice it, it's a QB game and there aren't any good QBs in the XFL. Even more, the running QBs that are here wont run because they want to be recognized as a passer 1st to get into the NFL.

Lmao. The offenses are so far behind. No matter how you slice it, it's a QB game and there aren't any good QBs in the XFL. Even more, the running QBs that are here wont run because they want to be recognized as a passer 1st to get into the NFL.
Great point about the running QBs.

Cardale has looked pretty good with DC. Teams have problems covering Rogers (Louisville) in the slot.

If a handful of guys make it to the league, it will be a success. These guys are getting scraps compared to their counterparts. Shows they truly want it.

This is awful. There are reasons these QBs are not in the NFL. There are not enough quality olinemen in the world to fill am extra league. It's not close. This is bad football.
I actually don't think the football has been too bad. Sure the offenses are way behind the Ds, but that's to be expected. I think the quality is overall much better than the AAF, and I like some of the rule changes and the kickoffs. I think the offenses will begin to pick up once the coordinators get used to things, maybe around week 4. Definitely not the NFL, but much better tgan3I at least expected.

I actually don't think the football has been too bad. Sure the offenses are way behind the Ds, but that's to be expected. I think the quality is overall much better than the AAF, and I like some of the rule changes and the kickoffs. I think the offenses will begin to pick up once the coordinators get used to things, maybe around week 4. Definitely not the NFL, but much better tgan3I at least expected.
All I want is enough football to get us to March Madness. It's good enough and definitely better than the AAF. The XFL basically has all the 4th string NFL QB's so dont expect elite football.

Fair enough.

My XFL power rankings. Would love to hear what others think because this is a shot in the dark at this point.

1. Houston
2. DC
3. St. Louis
4. Dallas
5. LA
6. Seattle
7. New York
8. Tampa Bay

My XFL power rankings. Would love to hear what others think because this is a shot in the dark at this point.

1. Houston
2. DC
3. St. Louis
4. Dallas
5. LA
6. Seattle
7. New York
8. Tampa Bay
Personally I would flip DC and Hou. DC seems like most well rounded team to me so far, though this week is there 1st road game.I would also probably flip Dall and StL but it's close.
Otherwise looks good

Ya I have DC a little above Houston but with these rules, as the season plays on, that receiving crew for Houston is going to be a big advantage when the offenses catch up to the defenses.

I would also flip seattle and New York

June Jones is so far ahead analytically than these other boobs coaching teams it’s not funny. Bob Stoops today get a TD to put his team up, 9....still a one score game late fourth. So there you go for 1 to make it a 2-score game. Nope. Not Bob, he decides to go for 2 because simple math and football coaches don’t mix well. Like the league so far but some of these coaches are horrendous. Trestman is another one who is just lost as hell out there.

June Jones is so far ahead analytically than these other boobs coaching teams it’s not funny. Bob Stoops today get a TD to put his team up, 9....still a one score game late fourth. So there you go for 1 to make it a 2-score game. Nope. Not Bob, he decides to go for 2 because simple math and football coaches don’t mix well. Like the league so far but some of these coaches are horrendous. Trestman is another one who is just lost as hell out there.
There were actually 2 of those attempts which made NO sense... even the announcers were commenting on it.

Ya I have DC a little above Houston but with these rules, as the season plays on, that receiving crew for Houston is going to be a big advantage when the offenses catch up to the defenses.

I would also flip seattle and New York
They are both the class of the league so far. I just like DCs D a bit more than Houston's.

I think after what Trestman has been through in his personal life, he’s just broken. Might be washed up for good.

Damn, maybe i spoke too soon about my DC love. I knew that was too many points to be laying, and I'm certainly willing to give teams a mulligan after losses, but damn that was a butt whooping they got put on them!
I'll have to rethink my power rankings... would love to hear other's.

Using advanced Hulumetrics, here is my revised power rankings after week 3

1. Houston -6
2. DC -5
3. St. Louis -2
4. LA -1.5
5. Dallas -1
6. Seattle +2.5
7. Tampa Bay +6
8. New York +7

eta...upon further review, downgraded DC half point, upgraded LA half point

Last edited:

1. Houston -6
2. DC -5.5
3. St. Louis -2
4. Dallas -1.5
5. LA -1
6. Seattle +2.5
7. Tampa Bay +6
8. New York +7
What do the numbers mean Hulu?

What do the numbers mean Hulu?

Basically points better or worse than avg. I use that to create a base line and then adjust from there based on several factors.

So for example if Houston played NY on a neutral field, they would be 13pt favs. Then I adjust for HFA and a number of other things.

I should probably have upgraded LA a bit more but they sustained some injuries in this game so I'm not sure how I feel about them right now. Ditto Dallas and STL.

One thing I noticed this week is that Seattle and probably also Dallas are dead nuts under teams with the style they play. Take forever to get plays off, run a lot and in Seattle's case, have no deep threat at receiver.

Tampa improved significantly this week. They still don't have a QB but I think Elizondo's adjustments to the offense, simplifying it with a lot of screens and quick passes, helped the line tremendously.

NY is imploding

Basically points better or worse than avg. I use that to create a base line and then adjust from there based on several factors.

So for example if Houston played NY on a neutral field, they would be 13pt favs. Then I adjust for HFA and a number of other things.
Makes sense.

1. Houston -6
2. DC -5
3. St. Louis -2
4. LA -1.5
5. Dallas -1
6. Seattle +2.5
7. Tampa Bay +6
8. New York +7

eta...upon further review, downgraded DC half point, upgraded LA half point

That's basically how i would rank them after this week. Only change i would maybe make is flipping Dallas and LA, but that's it. Looks good to me!

I'm actually surprised that more people aren't really into the XFL. Sure it's not the NFL, but the football isn't that bad, and some of the rule changes and access makes it pretty cool.

I'm actually surprised that more people aren't really into the XFL. Sure it's not the NFL, but the football isn't that bad, and some of the rule changes and access makes it pretty cool.

I swear the announcers are sabotaging it sometimes. If they had better announcers it would help but the product is just fine. The level of football isn't as good as the NFL. It is a single notch below unlike several notches below when you watch SEC football. With that said, the product is better .. meaning if they used the same rules, played with the same heart, and hit as hard in the NFL, the NFL would be a better product.

Also, I have to think the actual football part gets better as the teams develop, the coaches develop, etc.

I love it, personally (Go Battlehawks!) and I can cheer for players in the XFL and if they get their payday in the NFL, I can cheer for them there.

They cannot afford to compete with the NFL salaries, so they will have to accept that this is their talent pool level but they could gradually grow into being competitive if they make $, unlike past attempts at this.

I don't see a ton of difference at RB/WR (NFL standouts aside)
Defensive lines seem ahead of offensive lines as a general rule (bigger pool of players?)
QB seems the obvious deficiency but how much of that is just early offense vs early defense is still an unknown .... but you can see why some of these guys are just not quite good enough to be NFL starters.

People like to rag on it while not understanding these teams would be TD favorites or more (depending on the team) over the college champions --Double Digits for some-- and people love college football. So it isn't the talent level that makes people hate on it and I can say that I truly like certain aspects of the viewing experience that you don't get with NFL.

It's just people trying to be cool that are ragging on it when comparing it to NFL

Most fans don’t know jack shit about football. The same people who rag on this probably watch Thursday night MACtion and think it’s just awesome.

Its the same with the CFL. There’s legitimately people who think it’s below FBS level. I just laugh when I hear that.

Right now the thing holding it back is the low salaries. If the XFL can stick around long enough to raise them significantly they will start poaching players from the CFL and the league would really improve. As it stands now I only see one CFL starter (a kicker no less) that left for the XFL. The rest of the former CFLers are all castoffs. And that is considering there is no overlap in the seasons. They could have grabbed an XFL paycheck and then come back to the CFL but no one wants to risk a serious injury for 1/3 the money.

DC opened as small dogs @ Tampa. Ridiculous overreaction to last week IMO. They should be favored by 7.5 at least

Agree. They had a horrible game for sure, but pretty sure they'll bounce back.

I first saw it at +1.5 and did a double take. I quickly went to see if I’d missed any major news like maybe Cardale has been hurt of something. By the time I looked again it was +1 so i hit it.

I see it’s pk today and I’d be surprised if DC doesn’t close as a significant fav

It's just people trying to be cool that are ragging on it when comparing it to NFL
There's a small window for the XFL and that's from the weekend after the Super Bowl to Selection Sunday. 6 weeks before March Madness takes over. Theres just no getting around it. Baseball piles on a week later and Spring arrives.
Funny how desperately we need it in February to, thank you it's time to go now. Who's going to be watching the XFL over March Madness?

So far for this week i have
Hou +2
DC pk
LA NY u39.5
StL/Sea 39.5

Played all of these except last one earlier this week.

With LA D And NY Lack Of O, I Have A Hard Time Seeing It Go 40 Plus, But Who Knows...
LA Could Get 40 Themselves!
GL sk13:shake:

The weather in NY could be the great equalizer. 37F with 20MPH winds, calming toward the 2H. Scattered snow showers but ending by game time. I lean under here also. Maybe 1H under?

Back