• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

XFL Year 1

Landry jones being out, t'amu should be a decent dual threat qb that can move the chains, and they're definitely a run first team (like the under if I had too)..should be close game

1-1 +.9
3-1 +2.9 Total

Notes; I'll preface by saying I didn't get to watch all the games, and a lot is box score driven. For totals/future player props/dfs considerations.

DAL

-Came into this weekend as the best odds to win the whole thing. Defined as an air raid type of coaching staff.
-Unfortunately, they didn't get a TD so didn't get to see any early tendency on the type of extra point they'll go to.
-They had 9 possessions (not counting the last one) 59 offensive plays. Ironically, this led to 9 points (3 fgs)
-Went for it on 4th down both times in opponents field (4th and 5/3). Exception on both FG attempts, and a 4th and 18.
-QB - This was without Landry Jones, the starter averaged 6.33 yards per completion, and targeted 11 different people, YIKES
-RBs - CAP was listed as their starting RB but received 2 carries, out of just 12 total (1 pass attempt), and 4 catches... this was slightly behind the 2nd listed stringer Young (3 carries, 4 catches as well) YIKES. and to cap it off (pun intended), L. Dunbar lead the team in carries, with 5, as well as targets/completions, with 6. Let's see how it pans out, because Dunbar led it here, and its not like they were within major danger for most of this game (also got the nod to start the game)
-WRs - Looks like it is Nagel, and then the rest can fill in, but maybe that's because of the backup qb, and the short "air" yards/depth per completion (read he was more of a slot guy). Just to monitor going forward.

STL

- Came into this weekend with 7th best odds. Defined as probably the most run heavy team in the league.
- Went for 2, and then 1 point on their two td's respectively. Unsuccessful on both.
- 9 Possessions here 71 offensive plays (higher than the nfl most - philly with 68.5).
- STL had 1 4th down in DAL territory, and it was a 4th and 22... result was a succesful FG.
-QB - Ta'amu bringing that dual threat pressure. Had 77 yds rushing, aside from his colleague mentioned next, that was the 3rd best rushing stats of the weekend. Passing, he did what was needed to be done. Extended plays and averaged 10.9 yards per completion. Definitely someone to target successfully going forward.
-RBs - Another listed starter that sucked balls. C. Michael was top of depth chart, finished with 7 carries for 0 yards, and even better... 1 completion for -1 yard, and even better.... he lost a fumble! AND EVEN BETTER, he did not get the touches to start the game either. That belong to M. Jones, in ppr formats, i'd avoid the backfields, as they weren't targeted really.. but if Jones holds the true starting position, I can see value in him, as there are not many RB's to choose from.
WRs - Finally a depth chart that worked, the top 3 wr's listed, all had 4/5/5 targets, and the top TE had 6 as well... something to monitor. rest were irrelevant.

TBV

- 3rd best odds to win it. Was supposed to be an "air raid" type offense. Oddly enough, they did run the ball 30 times, compared to 36 pass attempts.. in a game they were behind too. Taking Note.
- Unfortunately, they didn't get a TD so didn't get to see any early tendency on the type of extra point they'll go to.
- 9 possessions again, and 71 offensive plays again.
- 4th/11 in OPP territory, they kicked fg, 4th/5 they kicked a fg (dont 17... ODD, and shows some conservative nature)... then with the game out of reach with less than 4 to go, they went for 4th whenever... ill throw those out.
-QB - Murray averaged 14.4 yards per completion, unfortunately he had 2 picks, and went 0 for 4 in the red zone (maybe they should have won this game, or atleast kept it closer - especially when looking at NY). But a 47% comp percentage aint good, Note. Q. Flowers 3rd on the depth chart for RB, received carries, and had 2 pass attempts... not sure if he will get more involved down the road, think Taysum Hill?
-RBs - D. Smith, followed by J. Patrick, depth chart worked! Yay... both weren't super targetted in the passing game, but smith had success on the ground, something to keep an eye on, as the style of the xfl seems to not suit rb's for fantasy purposes.
-WRs - Tolliver/Horn/Williams, no 11 different target participants here. Seems like he connected more with the WR3 (Williams). Didn't include a TE list but truesdell will be one of the better ones (believe they used their first rounder on him, but could be wrong)

NYG

-2nd best odds to win it.
- 9 possessions again, and 43~ offensive plays (didn't count the last kneel/3 down possession)
- They did lead throughout, but on ALL 3 td's they went for 1 pt. (conservative)
- Went for it on 4th down in opp. territory 1 out of 3 possible times. To be fair, the 2 none go for it's were a 4th and 10/13 on opp.s 45/41 respectively. But they did on a 4th and 4, and it was on the first drive of the game... aggresive playcalling to the td, but passive XP... just something to monitor.
-QB - McGloin averaged 12.1 yards per completion, but also had a dreaded 52% comp rate. He managed the game, but wasn't to impressive just yet.
-RB - A game in which you lead 17-0 by half (and continute to expand on it) the RB's had just 13 total carries. Cook was listed as the first stringer, but that didn't hold to much water. D. Victor led the backfield, he also was targeted 3 times for 25 yards... someone to keep top of mind as a potential riser for rb stock. If they don't catch... it'll be hard to justify in this league, but it'll help if the NYG continue the tread of the 1pt conversion, as they ran it with cook both times that were successful.
WR- Held true to the dept chart... McKay/Pearson/Horn, Powell(TE) was targeted 6 times. The catch rate was putrid, and idk if thats shitty wr's, or bad passes by mcgloin.

I believe the average field positron was the 32~ yard line... but I want to remove the turnover on downs, and look strictly at punts/kickoffs. Will get back to that

I'll get back to the Saturday games before week's end, just as notation for myself.

Probably best to document whatever for whomever, right.

Yeah wise.. that's the way I see it. Last week was the same line vs the highest odds to win it...this week they have the same line vs a weaker team...with.

And ya inzane..I made a mistake with that tbv/sea over...I forgot about half my notes that had my stressed weather concerns, should have at least laid off

Unfortunately wasn't around yesterday.

NYG +10.5 -110
NYG/STL O40 -110 (2 Units)
DCD -9 -110

Back