• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

World Cup Discussion Thread

thoughts and prayers

now answer my unsures

I think if you could find Xg stats ( expected goals) that would be helpful .

But tactics , formations are really going to change based on opponents and the circumstances of the match

Wonder if there is a free stats out there on the inter webs for xG, of the World Cup teams , pretty sure you’d have to pay for that , but it would be helpful

everything situational, it's 3 games and the needle changes directions after the last one

Yes yes, circumstance changes everything. I am not gonna hold anybody to anything, i just wanted some clarity on the unsures and then to be corrected if i was way off on what i had guessed to establish some sort of baseline to set expectations

i.e. Mexico gonna be conservative vs Germany, but wouldn’t be vs Serbia. Saudi Arabia gonna be conservative in all matches, nobody has a clue about Japan with the new manager (though they’ve always been defensive-minded i thought)

Argentina cancelled their final friendly in Israel after they feared for the safety of their players .

What a dysfunctional mess the Argentina FA is

You think we should have a discussion thread for each day for the group stages similar to what we do for baseball and NBA or just discuss all the games in here?

Might be better to break it up each day or this one thread could become pretty clogged

Argentina cancelled their final friendly in Israel after they feared for the safety of their players .

Thought it was as a political stand vs what Israel is doing

Thought it was as a political stand vs what Israel is doing

Depends if the publication posting it is pro Israel or not(, but clearly this was a money grab by the FA when it should have been more about plying a friendly to tune up for world cup

I heard about this party they had last weekend, think media may be making a bigger deal about it then in really is, but there is always a team that just implodes , could be Mexico

I heard about this party they had last weekend, think media may be making a bigger deal about it then in really is, but there is always a team that just implodes , could be Mexico
Imo Mexico seemed all over the map anyway, just something else

They aren’t really disfunctional.

They continue to go with 2 of the worst international players ever in

Sergio Aguerro and
Gonzalo Higuain.

If these guys actually showed up and played Argentina would have won a World Cup already.

Send Aguerro and Higuain home or on the bench. They have zero business being on the field in an international football match.

Aguero has almost 40 goals for Argentina, higuain 31 in 71

Navas, not doing this again this year

Aguero has almost 40 goals for Argentina, higuain 31 in 71

Navas, not doing this again this year

On the big matches both of these guys have proved to be no more effective than an mls player.

If these guys would have helped messi they had that World Cup easy.

Seeing/hearing a lot of don’t sleep on Tunisia from people , a lot of this coming from very half glass empty England fans

Back