• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

World Cup 2018

gunner4ever

All prices at pinnacle at time of posting, everything 1 unit unless specified

I'm tempted to back Russia in the opening match against maybe the worst team in the tournament; a decent team should win this by 2+ goals. Problem is Russia are really bad as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Russia win 2-0 but I could see a 0-0 or 1-1 too. No play.

I'll start with these and will add some more later.

Specials:

Will Uruguay win Group A? Yes -157 (1.57 to win 1)

Who will last longer? Russia vs Poland ->Poland +102 (1 to win 1.02)

Thanks guys!

Can't wait for the WC to start. I love to watch different styles of play with several of these teams from Africa/Asia that I don't know much about, that's what makes the WC so great and unique compared to the Euro. And to see conmebol and uefa teams face off.

Looking forward for Brazil vs Switzerland on Sunday. I hope we can keep it close the goal average could come into play for 2nd place.

If Poland and Russia both finish 2nd in groups, you shouldn't lose

GL with em

Yes I love this one I feel like at worst it's a push if both lose in the 1st KO round.

I think Poland will qualify easily while Egypt could finish 2nd. Even if Russia qualify no way they beat Spain or Portugal

Oh well should have played Russia. I didn't think Saudi Arabia could be this bad tactically physically and defensively.

Another special:

Iran under 1.5 points -117

Friday:

Morocco ML +129
Uruguay -1 -113
Uruguay team total over 1.5 -133

Thank you!

I think Iran lose all three games. Even if they get a draw vs Morocco they should lose vs Spain and Portugal. 0 or 1 point for them I think. But I believe Morocco are the best African side, should beat Iran.

As for Uruguay they should be too strong for Egypt. 3-0 or 3-1 sounds good

Ya, since I like Morocco against Iran, it is pretty hard for me to not like that bet you made. Best of luck, friend

Russia played better than i expected, but RSA is just HORRIBLE and clueless in so many ways. I'm going to be all over Egypt in Russia's next game as they will NOT look that good against Egypt, and they are going to be SO overvalued now.

Thank you guys!

But bad day made worse with that Iran goal.

We'll see how it goes but I might tread the group phase more lightly, I feel like some bad luck today but usually I fare better in the late stage of tournaments just like in tennis when we know much more about the teams.

But in the meantime I think Spain Portugal will be very close I like the draw here.

Spain/Portugal draw +227

Russia played better than i expected, but RSA is just HORRIBLE and clueless in so many ways. I'm going to be all over Egypt in Russia's next game as they will NOT look that good against Egypt, and they are going to be SO overvalued now.

Yes I completely agree with you. Saudi Arabia started ok for the first ten minutes but afterwards it was simply shocking probably one of the worst team I've watched in the World Cups.

Russia will take some confidence with them but that will give us good odds on Egypt, hopefully Salah can play

Yeah this sucked. But very disappointed with Morocco for one of the supposed best African team aside from the start they played poorly most of the match.

1-2-1 (-0.06)

Could have been better, could have been worse. Will keep a separate record for the special bets (lost Iran points total still pissed about this last minute goal but anyway shit happens) and match bets in the group phase and ko phase to see how good/bad I do.

Saturday:

France -2 +123
Argentina -1.5 +107

May add something for the two later games of the day not sure yet

One more special:

Argentina over 6.5 points +104

I'm a little higher than some on Argentina, they have some problems but I still think they will be too strong for Iceland and Nigeria. Draw or win vs Croatia wins the bet and at +money I like it

Frustrating. I do believe Argentina will fare better against teams that don't build a wall but we'll see.

Playing my leans for the last two games:

Peru pk +154
Croatia ml -135

WTF Peru!!! Could have been a good day with my teams not missing 2 penalties. Anyway on to the next day.

2-5-1 (-2.06)

Sunday:

Serbia ml -114
Serbia -1.5 +269
Germany -1 -132

Specials:

Costa Rica under 1.5 points +100

I think they lose all three games. Navas had to plenty of miracles 4 years ago, they are essentially the same team, not as good defensively. I think Serbia and Switzerland are much better. Could get a draw against one of the two and it still hits.

3-7-1 (-3.38)

Sweden ml +107
Sweden -1.5 +364
Belgium -2 +105

With the Germany loss Sweden can't just get one point here they will have to attack to get all three points. Moreover I think they are just superior.

Switzerland beat Panama 6-0 in a friendly this year. Watched Panama in the qualies as well. I think they suck. Belgium should score a few and win easy

With you on Belgium

Nice results for you on the Swiss yesterday

I’ll be in lauterbrunnen next month, can I ask you some questions about this?

With you on Belgium

Nice results for you on the Swiss yesterday

I’ll be in lauterbrunnen next month, can I ask you some questions about this?

Weak Belgium so far... yeah excellent swiss performance yesterday, though it doesn't change things much for the remaining 2 group games. Can't lose vs Serbia. But a draw would be ok. Serbia didn't impress me so a win or draw should be doable.

Yes of course you can ask anything swiss related =) I am only 50 km away from Lauterbrunnen. But everything is close by anyway here

5-9-2 (-3.65)

Should have stuck with my original favorite Belgium -2 play. Same with Sweden and Serbia in hindsight should have just played the ml, so maybe some overthinking so far.

Tunisia seem like a decent team, taking a shot on them to keep it close. First game a problem for many favorites, let's see with England. They have a few guys with not much WC/euros experience as well so I could see a draw here.

Tunisia +1 +112

5-9-3 (-3.65)

Colombia ml -140
Colombia -1.5 +236

Trying the 1.5 once more hoping for more ball luck this time. Watched Japan play a few times, recently in a friendly vs Switzerland losing 0-2. They are not bad but not very good either. A good south American side should win this by 2+ goals.

Will probably be on some combination of Poland/over and Egypt as well

Thank you BAR!

Bad pick on Poland. Good to hit the over. Will need to be more selective the rest of the group phase.

6-12-3 (-3.87)

Tonight:

Egypt +0.5 -110
Egypt ml +326

Sad to watch this Uruguay team play, can't see them beating Spain or Portugal like this. And well done to Russia they were impressive much more solid than I expected.

Not seeing things well these last few days, let's see if I can right the ship a little, if not may wait for the KO phase. But I like this one

Spain -2 +129 2 units

Like it, too much attacking talent and they are good at the intricate passes around the box to pick the lock, iniesta might be one of best at all time at it

Gl on it

Back