• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Winter Transfer News and Rumors

Good signing

Our only real senior offensive sub if the full starting XI is in was Lamela, and maybe Llorente

Moura as a 2nd half sub is a great attacker, offers speed, his goals created numbers are really good. Plus more rotation for sonny and alli

Not CL cup tied either

Nevermind

But a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPN FC that Diskerud's contract with MLS and NYCFC -- which was due to run through the end of 2018 -- has now been terminated, and that he was acquired by Manchester City with an eye towards loaning or selling him to another club.

Diskerud will not train with City's first team, nor will he be loaned out to another City Football Group affiliate, the source added

Not sure how it’s fair for NYFC to just dump their shitty contracts to their sister club.. doesnt seem fair to other MLS teams

Ornstein just reported a deal may have been reached between Arsenal and Dortmund for PEA:

BREAKING: Arsenal close to reaching agreement to sign to striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund for club-record fee in region of £60m. Transfer won’t be sanctioned until #BVB have replacement lined up - remains unclear if that will be Olivier Giroud or not #AFC

Ornstein just reported a deal may have been reached between Arsenal and Dortmund for PEA:

BREAKING: Arsenal close to reaching agreement to sign to striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund for club-record fee in region of £60m. Transfer won’t be sanctioned until #BVB have replacement lined up - remains unclear if that will be Olivier Giroud or not #AFC

Interesting

Have until Wednesday so I imagine it gets done

I wonder if Giroud is the holdup and either not wanting to go or wants bumper pay

So lacazette is just accepted as a failure now?

Those two can't play together, and both are basically poachers so on the wing wojldn be useless, I know PEA played there when lewe was there but I don't see it

Giroud is holdup not wanting to go to Dortmund , I heard some guy on total football podcast say last week

But he also needs to play for chance at France squad

Last edited:
Though Giroud is a perfect squad player for tournament like World Cup especially with how well he is in air . Seems they preferred Gignac in Euros , not sure if they still do

Ibra to Galaxy back on , Twellman says he thinks it gets done . I assume it’s to come in the summer

So lacazette is just accepted as a failure now?

Those two can't play together, and both are basically poachers so on the wing wojldn be useless, I know PEA played there when lewe was there but I don't see it

I think Lacazette has room for improvement but has been good so far. Yeah I'm not quite sure how that will work tactically and it seems we had more pressing needs elsewhere. Won't complain though, with the accumulation of matches it could be useful to rest Laca or PEA sometimes to have the best chance to get back into the CL. But when asked how he would fit all the offensive players, Wenger said he would basically play his best ones because good players play well together... Not very reassuring tactically.

Not sure about Giroud, there were rumours about him leaving last summer. Wenger said he gave Giroud the choice to leave or stay and the player decided to stay. It could change with PEA coming. Rumours that Chelsea and Dortmund could be interested

I like Giroud because he provides a different profile in attack. As a substitute he is excellent and has a great conversion rate. So not sure what to think really if he was to leave to make way for PEA

Laporte appears to be done, seems they're eyeing Fred in the summer...he's CL tied and Shakhtar appear poised to keep him for CL this year. These rumors though ugh

Pep is such a whiny little bitch

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City are not always able to pay high transfer fees and meet player's wage demands as the club is operating within a defined budget.

Their salaries we cannot pay. There are budgets for the transfers and we cannot pay. In the future, it may change but we haven't paid more than £80m-£100m for one player. We cannot pay that right now, it is the truth.

"That's why we need the academy to fight. Of course, we spend a lot money but it is the same money as a lot of other teams

I like Giroud because he provides a different profile in attack. As a substitute he is excellent and has a great conversion rate. So not sure what to think really if he was to leave to make way for PEA

He's a great support striker, it's why he starts for France over lacazette, or at least has in the past

He's much better at leading the line, and it allows so much more space for griezzman, mbappe, and one of Dembele, Lemar, martial etc behind them

He scores a ton for France too 29 goals in 69 games

Laporte appears to be done, seems they're eyeing Fred in the summer...he's CL tied and Shakhtar appear poised to keep him for CL this year. These rumors though ugh

Emergence of Gundogan as a quality player means CM isn't that much of a priority right now so not worst thing to wait for summer

Laporte is going to help a lot though, I still think another one is needed as you guys probly move on from Kompany this summer I would think right?

I would expect that, Pep hasn't been overly positive when he talks about Kompany and fitness. Obviously once Mendy gets back that will change things up a bit but I haven't heard anything on his progression. Think late April is best scenario.

He's just too injury prone and now even when he plays you can see the toll its taken, he's lost a step, going to be interesting this summer for Belgium if he's fit

He's the captain but he shouldn't be starting

For city, laporte could be a rock for a long fime, stones has potential, they need another improvement in summer though

Do that and back 4 is set

Can't wait to see Mendy play, sucks if sane isn't fit then, those two down the left would have been a nightmare for other ckubs

Haven't heard the update on Sane, just the "month" from yesterday.

If Mendy is half as good on the pitch as he is on Twitter he will be golden

Here another one

Jack Harrison(English born player) of NYFC had a 4.5 million dollar offer from Stoke last week. Apparently per Stoke , NYFC kept moving the “goalpost”.

So now Man City is reportedly going to “buy” him( take him off NYFCs books) loan him to Boro with obvious hope they double that offer this summer or next winter

I think it’s unfair to other MLS teams to have this type of partnership and all the other leagues City has their hands in, but seems brilliant business by Man City

Looks like it could be PEA to Arsenal, Batshuayi to Dortmund, Giroud to Chelsea ...

Another solution would be Giroud to Dortmund but it seems he would prefer to stay in London.

The situation:
twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/958371534254551040

By the way the memes in Ornstein twitter replies are getting out of hand Arsenal fans really are crazy

Little bit pissed we would give Giroud to Chelsea while he could help us win the Europa League. I believe PEA couldn't play in the Europa League...

Yeah nowadays lots of Arsenal fans prefer the transfer window and Ornstein's memes competition instead of watching our games :eek:

DUzR_rfW0AAoHM4

Mahrez wants to leave every transfer window and every time he ends up staying despite rumors sending him to the top English clubs...!

Shouldn't have signed a new contract after the title...

Here another one

Jack Harrison(English born player) of NYFC had a 4.5 million dollar offer from Stoke last week. Apparently per Stoke , NYFC kept moving the “goalpost”.

So now Man City is reportedly going to “buy” him( take him off NYFCs books) loan him to Boro with obvious hope they double that offer this summer or next winter

Pep was asked about Harrison

His response : “who”

Lol

Back