Bet at 5dimes

WiFi Network Extenders or Mesh Networks

ProV1Colt

CTG Moderator
Staff member
What is everyone using in your home?
In the market for one in my home... any suggestions?

I am currently looking at this Ubiquiti - UniFi® AC HD Access Point

And a Google Mesh Network

Jayhawk Nation

I use the google wifi mesh network (have 3 of them throughout) and I couldn't be happier.

Everyone has the occasional need to unplug and reboot issues, but I have not had one since I switched to those. Occasionally have problems with my chosen modem but nothing from google wifi.

ProV1Colt

CTG Moderator
Staff member
I use the google wifi mesh network (have 3 of them throughout) and I couldn't be happier.

Everyone has the occasional need to unplug and reboot issues, but I have not had one since I switched to those. Occasionally have problems with my chosen modem but nothing from google wifi.
I have been leaning more to the Google Mesh for sure.
2 of my IT guys highly recommend it but another uses the UBI and he swears by it...
I have 1 dead spot in the corner of my house and when I cut the grass that side of the house and parts of the front and back yard go in and out of wifi....
I think I will try the 3 mesh network 1st and place them around the house and see how it goes

Gonna go purchase this weekend

Now watch them go on a Black Friday Blockbuster Deal... lol

Thanks Jayhawk

takeit

THE Wife

We have the same. We have our main router plugged into a smart plug that restarts it in the middle of the night once a week.

braves

CTG Moderator
Staff member
The only dead spot I have in my house is in the indoor driving range/theatre room

I’ve tried everything , but a text expert told me when you have a 8000 sq ft house you are going have dead spots

I’ve learned to live with the inconvenience

loggy

Have had the Eero mesh network for a few years now. Works pretty well, but still a shady spot or 2. I probably need to add one more node.

ProV1Colt

CTG Moderator
Staff member
The only dead spot I have in my house is in the indoor driving range/theatre room

I’ve tried everything , but a text expert told me when you have a 8000 sq ft house you are going have dead spots

I bet Tiger doesn’t have dead spots

ProV1Colt

CTG Moderator
Staff member
We have the same. We have our main router plugged into a smart plug that restarts it in the middle of the night once a week.
Link to the smart plug you use?
Definitely going Google Mesh with he Smart plug. Love it

Jayhawk Nation

First world problems/humble brag...

Have you tried the mesh? Get a better tech expert. There are many things you can do to avoid dead spots. Lot bigger spaces than that have no dead spots. My friends house has a concrete walled panic/gun storage/man room that has perfect signal.

geopackiv

Must have been promoted to manager at Subway!

CTG Sponsors & Affiliates