• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Who wants to talk NFL Draft?

brandon marshall gonna be the man next year in denver. #1 wr i want (valuewise).

aren't they projected to get McFadden in the first??

yeah but if McFadden is on the Board they probaly gonna trade him to the Boys, AL and Jones are close.

Raiders will get what 2 1st rd's 2nd rd, 3rd rd and later rd pick + Carpenter and DL and pick next year.

if the cowboys trade 6 picks and 2 players for McFadden theyre fucking nuts

Jones and AL davis have been talking might be alot more but raiders gonna send back

Huff , Fabian Washington and #4 pick for basically all of the cowboys draft picks + a couple of draft bust in Carpenter and that DL from lsu they got

so raiders gonna trade something like

McFadden , Fabian Washinton and Huff

for

Coyboys DL , Roy WIlliams , Carpenter

2 1st rd picks , 2nd rd pick , 3rd rd pic , 5th rd pic and 3rd rd next year or something else

so cowboys get Mcfadden and young CB a huge need and Fabs still has upside and they get Huff from Texas another need.

i like felix jones alot too...would love the birds to pick him up at 19...

i think McFadden is a tad overrated due to Petersons bust out year...he aint no Peterson...

as nuts as it sounds, It wouldn't surprise me to see the Boys pull the trigger on it...

Jones seems to want McFadden really bad.

only 2 crazy owners can pull off a trade like this I wonder who ?

al.jpg

jj.jpg

I don't think any player is worth a bunch of picks. In the end, you're still not 100% on what the player will eventually become. See Rickey Williams...

bears got

qb grossman
rb benson
wr marty booker
wr brandon lloyd

^ Georgia and Florida got better weapons that.

I want McFadden bad I think he will be as good or better than A.Peterson but I liked AD so much more I wanted him lasy year not JaMarcus.

but If Raiders dont get McFadden I will take hell of draft picks but when McFadden tears shit up its gonna be sad knowing that the raiders traded him away

Roy Williams is going to be a Cowboy either this year through trade or next year in FA possibly. He wants to return closer to home and family.

Pacman wants to be a Cowboy and JJ just might pull the damn trigger as long as the contract is right.

Cowboys are more likely to get Felix Jones then Mcfadden and possibly Desean Jackson or a CB if there is one left with a good enough first round grade. Cromartie is who I'd love to snag.

If I was Miami, I'd trade down the #1 for extra picks and hope for Flacko in round 2. He'd be much cheaper than Ryan, too.

I think Miami wants to trade down, but with no OMG Elite talent this year nobody is trading up and if they do you're probably not getting anywhere near equal value! I think if they pass on Ryan they take Chris Long and pray Flacco is there in Round 2.

If the Cowboys do that trade, I am going to cry! Doesn't JJ remember what trading a bunch of picks for a running back can do? LOL. I wouldn't mind getting PacMan as long as the contract is heavy on incentives and staying out of trouble, and I mean heavy.

Mendenhall will be taken in the first round, not sure what info people are reading or what people are seeing out there. The guy is a first round talent and won't drop at all.

It is not a done deal that the Bears will take a running back in the first round. Signal asked if I had the choice between Brohm or Mendenhall, who would I take? That depends on whether Brohm would be the first or second quarterback off the board. If that's the case, there are more quarterbacks to choose from and the top of the RB class is talent heavy with some studs. I'd lean Mendenhall but that is a tough choice. I really do love Brohm and I'd be mad that the Bears passed him up either way. I still think OL is more of a need though. Like I said, the Bears will pick some combination of OL, RB, and QB in the first three rounds.

I'd be surprised if Flacco survives till round three. Some team, possibly the Bears in round two, will snag him. The guy's stock as rose as fast as one could.

For the Packers I would hope they look at CB after what Plax did to them in the Championship game. Al Harris is 32 and Woodson is getting up there as well even though he is still very productive. I still think Harris is a top 5 or 10 CB in the league but might as well draft one now when they are available. Rodgers-Cromartie would be fine with me or Reggie Smith. Also wouldnt mind Fred Davis. He would provide a great weapon for Aaron Rogers early on. Athletic TE who is a great pass catcher.

For the Packers I would hope they look at CB after what Plax did to them in the Championship game.

that wasn't Harriss' fault.. that was Plaxs'... he does that people when he really wants to...

seriously... Al Harris IS top 5 right now... don't think twice about it.

Dallas won't trade up for McFadden... it would be too costly for them. The way I see it, they are better off getting Felix Jones and using their other picks wisely...

they really would be nuts to do it.

he does that people when he really wants to...

That's the truth. Actually I think he's part of the reason the Eagles went after Asante Sammuel (sp?), because the Eagles simply cannot matchup with Plax. He eats our lunch any time he wants to.

new oakland raider nice!!!

<TABLE align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>
DrewCarter-2006-200.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right>Carter bows after making a
touchdown catch against the
Giants on Dec. 10, 2006
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is really unfortunate...

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
</td> <td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">
pixel.gif
</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports that Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart may need surgery on his big toe. The procedure would keep him out four to six months.

Stewart suffered a turf toe injury in November and didn't miss any games. He also ran the forty at the Combine, but performed no shuttle or cone drills. In the meantime, he had MRIs done and doctors recommended he undergo surgery. Individual teams will evaluate whether surgery is required. Expected to be a first-round pick, his stock will fall dramatically with any team who doesn't medically clear him. Mar. 12 - 9:16 pm et
Source: NFL.com</td></tr></tbody></table>

Brandon Albert OG/OT Virginia
Mike Pollack OC Arizona St.
Dre' Moore DL Maryland
Kendall Langford DE Hampton
Cliff Avril OLB Purdue
Curtis Johnson OLB/DE Clark-Atlanta
Aquib Talib CB Kansas
Keilen Dykes, DE WVU
Justin King , CB PENN ST
Quentin Groves , Auburn

These are the players that have visited the Steelers , or the coaches have visited on a pro day...

# 1 pick looks to be either Albert , Talib or Groves...

Not a college fan so i dont know much about these guys ..What ya think ?

Dre' Moore DL Maryland
Cliff Avril OLB Purdue
Aquib Talib CB Kansas
Keilen Dykes, DE WVU
Justin King , CB PENN ST
Quentin Groves , Auburn

These are the players that have visited the Steelers , or the coaches have visited on a pro day...

steelers should go with Groves

Dre' Moore DL Maryland
Cliff Avril OLB Purdue
Aquib Talib CB Kansas
Keilen Dykes, DE WVU
Justin King , CB PENN ST
Quentin Groves , Auburn

While groves is a good player, offensivel line is what the steelers need. Faneca leaves a huge void to fill and i do not think that Mahan will be able to do an ample job, i mean he struggled as last years center. I know his true position is guard, well at least thats what he played before steelers got him through free agency in san francisco. I just don't think that he is someone that should be relied on.

I really like chris williams from vanderbilt but unfortunatley it dosen't look like he is going to be there. he has a good work ethic and he is smart. Give me average athleticism and a smart guy over a freak.

Talib, is interesting because i think he is goin to be a bust in the nfl. He did well in college but i don't think he can be as physical and still be as effective.

Mike Pollack i believe is out of the question now that Hardwick (whatever his name is) was signed from carolina.

Justin King would be a really nice fit. WOulud be a great story for espn to report because king is from pittsburgh (monroeville for those fellow pittsburghers) and he was a steeler fan his whole life, etc etc you guys know how it goes. He works out all the time and can develop into something really good and can contribute right away on dime packages. Although, Yag the 5th rounder CB for louisville the steelers got in last years draft is maturing very nicely and i think a DB in the first would be a waste of a pick.

If i were the GM, i would tell tomlin he cannot evaluate LB's in the draft because after last season he obviously dosen't understand how to evaluate LB's that fit into a 3-4 system, unless of course his ultimate plan is to move to a 4-3. But so far both his LB's picks from last year have not been much to talk about.

Hope this helps steelbucs:cheers:

Last years pick Woodley is going to be a beast ...He did fine when he was on the field..LB Timmons will replace Farrior/Foote this year...Steelers usually let their young LB`s watch for a season... LeBeau said , steelers played a 4-3 25% of the time last year ...

Did you know the 4-3 Defense was created by Tom Landry to stop Jim Brown ...Everyone played a 5-2 ...Read that somewhere the other day

We need a cb ...Townsend is getting old 33 and McFadden hasnt done much +will be a free agent next year...Agree a round 2/3 pick would be much better..

How many teams are going to pass on the first round? I know Miami has a 1st round pick and Parcels said he is probably going to pass. He claims ( and I agree) that no rookie is worth 35 mil. without ever having played a single NFL game. I guess thats what the new rules say that the first pick in the first round draf choice have to be paid. Noone wants to trade Miami for the first round pick for the exact same reasons. It's going to be interesting how many teams will pass. I think Dallas might bite.

How many teams are going to pass on the first round? I know Miami has a 1st round pick and Parcels said he is probably going to pass. He claims ( and I agree) that no rookie is worth 35 mil. without ever having played a single NFL game. I guess thats what the new rules say that the first pick in the first round draf choice have to be paid. Noone wants to trade Miami for the first round pick for the exact same reasons. It's going to be interesting how many teams will pass. I think Dallas might bite.

Pass on the first round??

Ok...i know there was some wild scenario out there where the guy speculated that teams would just let the clock run out and not pick until a little later so they could get the guy they wanted and technically not have picked him first so they wouldnt have to pay him the money

Back