• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Who wants to talk NFL Draft?

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
I'd like to get to see what everyone thinks, hopefully getting contributions from fans of each team. How about the first day?

First Round
1. Miami Dolphins (1-15)<script>zSB(3,3)</script>
2. St. Louis (3-13)
3. Atlanta (4-12)
4. Oakland (4-12)
5. Kansas City (4-12)
6. New York Jets (4-12)
7. New England (from San Francisco) (5-11)
8. Baltimore (5-11)
9. Cincinnati (7-9)
10. New Orleans (7-9)
11. Buffalo (7-9)
12. Denver (7-9)
13. Carolina (7-9)
14. Chicago (7-9)
15. Detroit (7-9)
16. Arizona (8-8)
17. Minnesota (8-8)
18. Houston (8-8)
19. Philadelphia (8-8)
20. Tampa Bay (9-7)
21. Washington (9-7)
22. Dallas (from Cleveland) (10-6)
23. Pittsburgh (10-6)
24. Tennessee (10-6)
25. Seattle (10-6)
26. Jacksonville (11-5)
27. San Diego (11-5)
28. Dallas (13-3)
29. San Francisco (from Indianapolis) (13-3)
30. Green Bay (13-3)
31. New York Giants (10-6)

Second Round
<script>zSB(3,</script> 32. Miami Dolphins (1-15)
33. St. Louis (3-13)
34. Oakland (4-12)
35. Kansas City (4-12)
36. New York Jets (4-12)
37. Atlanta Falcons (4-12)
38. Baltimore (5-11)
39. San Francisco (5-11)
40. New Orleans (7-9)
41. Buffalo (7-9)
42. Denver (7-9)
43. Carolina (7-9)
44. Chicago (7-9)
45. Detroit (7-9)
46. Cincinnati (7-9)
47. Minnesota (8-8)
48. Atlanta (from Houston) (8-8)
49. Philadelphia (8-8)
50. Arizona (8-8)
51. Washington (9-7)
52. Tampa Bay (9-7)
53. Pittsburgh (10-6)
54. Tennessee (10-6)
55. Seattle (10-6)
56. Green Bay (from Cleveland) (10-6)
57. Miami (from San Diego) (11-5)
58. Jacksonville (11-5)
59. Indianapolis (13-3)
60. Green Bay (13-3)
61. Dallas (13-3)
62. New England Patriots (16-0)
63. New York Giants (10-6)

Last edited:
If you would like to update that draft order Renew. Green Bay also has the 56th pick due to the trade for Corey Willaims to the Browns. But ill be back a little later and start talking some draft. I love the first day of the draft for some reason

thanks signal, just changed it. I absolutely love it to but I guess you have to when your team is usually consistently bad.

I would imagine the Bears address something on offense with their first pick, possibly their first THREE. Knowing Angelo, he will will probably try to trade down. I think between OL, WR, RB, and QB, Angelo might take the best available on the board. I would be fine with that, with a slight edge to OL and RB. Albert, the OG/OT from Virginia would be great. If Ryan or Brohm are available at the 14th pick, I'd like to see the Bears pick one of them but I doubt that happens. Mendenhall is also hard to pass up.

Goop every Bear fan that I work with said they need a RB no doubt about it and if Mendenhal is there thats who they want. They hate Benson and think he doenst have what it takes to be an every down back. Would you agree with that. And if you had the choice Brohm or Mendenhall who would you take

Bears have to address the O-Line if they do not move their draft position as there average offensive line age is 34 and need to start workign the younger guys in. Also, a WR would be nice but since they don't have a QB to get it there, WR need isn't that big. If there is value then they should take it.

I also think that the bears need to address QB but if the top 2 aren't there in the first round then wait.

I would like to talk browns but i may need to wait until 2nd day of the draft to do so.

I'd like for the Raiders to get McFadden too, glad the Falcons signed Michael Turner.

For the Saints we need to address CB, S, DT, or RT in the first couple of rounds. LB was an issue but we've got Vilma and Dan Morgan now although we are banking on these guys being healthy.

I'm tired of Stinchcomb, Hollis is old, our DBs are awful outside of Harper and McKenzie but he's way overrated and injured now and Josh Bullocks sucks.

Lots of CBs available but I would love the Saints take a chance of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. If Glenn Dorsey keeps slipping, hopefully he'll be available at 10 but Sedrick Ellis is also available.

Last edited:
They hate Benson and think he doenst have what it takes to be an every down back.

I'm not a Bears fan but I can see why they say that. I think his attitude sucks and he doesn't seem decisive enough to be an NFL stud. I like the attitude and effort of their other backs much, much more, especially the little guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Who thinks someone takes a chance on Flacco in the first. Some teams have this guy as the top QB in this years draft.

Renew have you thrown that guy throw. He has an absolute cannon. I was watching the combine and he was throwing 20 yard outs like they were nothing. Perfect comparison is Roethlisberger I think but a little less talented. I could easily see him sneaking up to the 1st round. Maybe even the 2nd QB drafted if a team loves him enough. Im not into Brohm at all. He has a noodle arm and was sort of a system QB in college. think he falls on his face in the pros

I don't see how you can take a chance on Flacco in the first round. Mostly because I think he's going to be there in the second--or even third--if you really want him.

Remember, Quinn dropped all the way into the 20s, same with Aaron Rogers a few years back.

Yes, part of that is a media thing. Guys start getting better press than others and some drop. But part of it, too, is need and most teams out of the top 10 are very reluctant to go QB in the first round because a QB almost always will not start immediately. But a guy from the first round almost always should start immediately unless you're building for the future. And if you're 7-9 or 8-8 and in the middle of the pack, it's tough to sell a QB in round one as people will see that as a step back toward rebuilding rather than a step forward right now.

Can't say I've seen him signal, except for bits and pieces on ESPN catching me up on the combine. But if I was a team looking for a QB I wouldn't even bother drafting either Ryan or Brohm and just wait on a guy like Flacco, like Joe has talked about. I could be wrong about Matt Ryan, I'm just not sold on him but I've never watched much BC football.

I really do think he goes in the 2nd though Joe, I don't think he'll fall to the 3rd, the media has hyped him up but seems like they have had reason to with his workouts but still you can be a workout machine and fail miserably in the NFL.

Steelers need OL but we might sign C / G Hadnot cut by Miami...If that happens we go WR JJ Hardy , CB Cromartie or Safety Kenny Phillips..

If not ...OL picks are Otah or Albert

Last edited:
i want mendanhall or stewart at rb in R2.

a T or G in round 1.

a wr/delaware qb in 3.

and best available at our postions of need( G, T, WR, RB, S, DT, QB) to the end.

don't know if Mendenhall will be there in the 2nd for you brewer, maybe Stewart though. One guy I want to see get drafted by a team w/o a starting RB is the Tulane RB Matt Forte. He's definitely an NFL caliber back and the numbers he put up were for TULANE. He's never lost a fumble in his college career, just had to mention that.

cedric benson plays like hes in quicksand. a hs team prolly has 1/2 of their players faster than him.

Joe Flacco Scouting Report
<TABLE summary="Draft information for Joe Flacco"><TBODY><TR><TD>Position:</TD><TD>QB</TD></TR><TR><TD>School & Year/Status:</TD><TD>Delaware (1-AA) - Senior</TD></TR><TR><TD>Height & Weight:</TD><TD>6'6 - 231 lbs.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Ranked #71 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

NFL Combine Results
<TABLE class=grid cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 align=center ?><COLGROUP><COL><COL><COL align=right></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR class=header><TH class=headerth>40-Yard
Dash
</TH><TH class=headerth>Bench
press
</TH><TH class=headerth>Vertical
jump
</TH><TH class=headerth>Broad
jump
</TH><TH class=headerth>Three-cone
drill
</TH><TH class=headerth>20-yard
shuttle
</TH><TH class=headerth>60-yard
shuttle
</TH></TR><TR><TD>4.78</TD><TD></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>9.02</TD><TD>6.82</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Joe Flacco began his college career at Pittsburgh where he was the backup to record setter quarterback Tyler Palko. He transferred to Delaware in 2005 where he won the starting QB job in the spring of 2006. He played in all eleven games. He went on to produce 2,783 passing yards with a competition of 63.3%, a TD-to-interception ratio of 18/10. The 2007 season saw his evolution as a QB. He put together an impressive season, completing 65.1% of his passes for 3,929 yards with an outstanding 22/5 ratio. He was a finalist for several QB and Most Outstanding Player Awards at season's end.

Flacco possessed one of the strongest arms in college football. With a good frame, tall and thickly built, he is unusually accurate for a quarterback of this size. He shows very good RPMs and sometimes the ball explodes out of his hands. Flacco throws the deep out better than some current NFL QBs and he can complete any throw asked of him. He is a prototype drop-back passer. He can run if needs be, but tends to stay in the pocket. He is a natural leader who will play hurt and is more of a football player than an athlete.
The biggest concern is the lack of experience and level of competition. He will have an opportunity to show what he can do against better competition in the All Star Bowls and practice sessions. He is very raw, having played on a simplified offensive system, but is bright enough to assimilate into a complex system. His mechanism needs a lot of work, although his 40 time does not suggest he can run, but tends to hold to the ball too often, thus garnering a sack. Flacco is a very accurate passer with a great arm. He is built like an NFL QB. The only question with him is how he will do when the game moves to a faster level. The other aspects can be corrected with time and good coaching. The team that drafts him needs to be patient with him. His showing at the All Stars and the Combine will determine how far he can rise in the Draft. Today, Flacco is a mid-to-late third rounder.

Steelers need OL but we might sign C / G Hadnot cut by Miami...If that happens we go WR JJ Hardy , CB Cromartie or Safety Kenny Phillips..

If not ...OL picks are Otah or Albert

Cromarite is an interesting case, i am still kind of on the fence about him. I think Otah and Albert will both be gone by the time that pittsburgh picks. I think Chris Williams from Vanderbilt is a better fit for the steelers anyways, because he is smart and athletic. No non-sense kind of guy.

Kenny Phillips, due to his combine peformance or lack thereof he may be available for the spot that the steelers pick. Phillips has a pro day comming up so i think much of his position will depend on how he does.

Someone else that could fit for the steelers would be Josh Barnett S from Arizona State. Ran a 4.40 40 yard dash. His measurables were 6'2 225 which means he is very versitile and could be used in a variety in Dick Lebeau's looks that he uses on defense.

draft_icebox.jpg

32. New York Giants - Becky “The Icebox” O’Shea. FB. (Little Giants).

Hell Yeah!!.. "The Icebox" baby... Cowboys killer and steal of the draft..

:smiley_acbe:

The Super Bowl Champs need help in the defensive backfield. They got Sammy Knight to replace Gibril so I figure he's the starter there for now.

I also believe that if DeAngelo Hall stops being a prick and realizes he's not a free agent right now and decides to come down in price from the supposedly 10 mil per yr type money he's looking for, then I think the Giants can bag him. If he comes down to about 6-8 mil per year, then I can see him being a giant.

If they get Hall, then the first round will be gone for us (due to the trade for Hall) and we'll have to go linebacker (which there is plenty of) in the second round...

If we don't get Hall, then I'd like to have Adibi in the first...

http://<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFj3xYse1Y4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>

http://<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4rAoZYmkHnA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>

Although he is vastly undersized (one coach described him as ‘Hobbit-like’), teams were blown away by his work ethic at the combine. The Eagles hope that Ruettiger picks up where Mike Mamula left off.

Ha. I love it.

Brewer..I'd be shocked if Stewart or Mendenhall lasts until rd. 2

I know the Lions will grab one of the two if Derrick Harvey and CLady are off the board by then.

anyone think Adibi can make it to the Giants 2nd round pick (63 overall)??

I know the entire mock picking world has the Giants getting Dan Connor in the first, but I really like Adibi. He's a bit underrated and I think he'll fit Spags' system nicely. Most mocks have him going mid second round to early third. What do you guys think??

I'd love to have him second round and be able to get a Phillips, Cason or Porter in the first.

As an eagles fan, its tough to get excited about the draft...

theyll inevitably take an O-lineman or someone that wont play for 3 years...

As an eagles fan, its tough to get excited about the draft...

theyll inevitably take an O-lineman or someone that wont play for 3 years...

True, but if you say you don't get your hopes up every year even just a little you're a liar.

=)

Go Birds.

In other news..Millen came out today and said that Manningham and limas Sweed are topping their draft boards right now

Exactly when are your Lions going to trade Roy Williams to my Eagles, BAR, some of us have to plan jersey purchases in advance, don't 'cha know.

In other news..Millen came out today and said that Manningham and limas Sweed are topping their draft boards right now

Exactly when are your Lions going to trade Roy Williams to my Eagles, BAR, some of us have to plan jersey purchases in advance, don't 'cha know.
He is off the block at this point. He has the talent to be the best...its all about focus...no way he comes back after next year though....Ibelieve he'll be in Houston or Dallas

Ibelieve he'll be in Houston or Dallas

If he goes to Dallas I will spontaneously vomit.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't trade him if they know there's no way they keep him next year. Why would you just let someone walk for nothing.

We'll give you Lito Shepard and a pick, I mean, what are you waiting for?

I'd like the Eagles to take Felix Jones at 19. He should be there. He can get on the field this year, if he can learn the system. Westbrook is getting older, and Jones could provide some relief. They could use both at the same time, and flank Westbrook as a WR. Jones can also return kicks and punts immediately.

I think they might try and dangle Lito and their 1st to move up, possibly with New England. But, I dunno who they would take. Is there really an impact player at 7? That's about as high as they could go with a Lito trade.

I'd probably like to see them trade Lito for some extra picks. They do NEED some OT help, Thomas and Runyan are both in their mid-40's. I think they need Guard and Center help as well. And of course, they need Safety help. OOO...And CB depth. So, they do need a lot.

How bout' Joe Flacko from Deleware? Some scouts have him rated ABOVE Ryan. Would Green Bay take a shot on him at pick 30? I would...

I'd like the Eagles to take Felix Jones at 19. He should be there. He can get on the field this year, if he can learn the system. Westbrook is getting older, and Jones could provide some relief. They could use both at the same time, and flank Westbrook as a WR. Jones can also return kicks and punts immediately.

I think they might try and dangle Lito and their 1st to move up, possibly with New England. But, I dunno who they would take. Is there really an impact player at 7? That's about as high as they could go with a Lito trade.

What about a back to be the guy Buckhalter was supposed to be? When will that issue be addressed?

If he does go in the 1st I dont think the Packers take him though. Rodgers is still young, why take him in the 1st?

If I was Miami, I'd trade down the #1 for extra picks and hope for Flacko in round 2. He'd be much cheaper than Ryan, too.

Back