• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational

LeRinkRat

July 25th thru July 28th. TPC Southwind, Memphis, Tennessee

favorites: Dustin Johnson & Rory McIlroy 10-1 Brooks Koepka & Jon Rahm 12-1

had some crazy opening odds @ Westgate which have since changed [re-adjusted in [ ]
Louis Oosthuizen 150-1 [40-1]
Tyrell Hatton 300-1 [50-1]
Rafael Cabrera-Bello 250-1 [50-1]
Chez Reavie 100-1 [60-1]
Sergio Garcia 250-1 [ 80-1]
Billy Horschel 250-1 [60-1]
Kevin Kisner 125-1 [80-1]
Ian Poulter 250-1 [80-1]
Cameron Smith 250-1 [100-1]
Alex Noren 500-1 [100-1]
Bubba Watson 200-1 [100-1]
Keegan Bradley 200-1 [ 100-1]
Kevin Na 250-1 [125-1]

somewhat surprised these players NOT listed in the lineup this weekend
Rickie Fowler tied 6th British Open [-5] tied 4th Wells Fargo [-9] tied 9th Masters [-10]
Dylan Frittelli WIN John Deere [-21]
Bernd Wiesberger WIN Denmark WIN Scottish Open [-22]
Lee Westwood tied 4th British Open [-6] WIN Nedbank [-15]
Robert MacIntyre tied 6th British Open [-5] solo 2nd Denmark [-13] tied 2nd British Masters [-15]

this weeks tourney match plays (bet/return)
Brooks Koepka +130 over Dustin Johnson (50115)
Eddie Pepperell +115 over Keegan Bradley (44/94.60)
Matt Wallace +105 over Billy Horschel (50/102.50)
Danny Willett +135 over Matthew Fitzpatrick (37.04/87.04)
Tony Finau +115 over Hideki Matsuyama (43.48/93.48)
Chez Reavie +115 over Gray Woodland (43.48/93.48)

Tournament match ups this week:

St Jude Inv.
Noren -125 vs Phil: late to the party on this angle but I felt it last week... Hopefully not chasing. This weight loss for Phil should really screw up his timing with the full swing. Until he shows consistency in the long game I think he may be a long term fade...

Barracuda Championship
Laird +100 vs Grillo: going with the jet lag theory here as well as Laird coming off a very solid placing last week.
Jaeger -120 vs Patrick Rodgers: Rodgers second week back from a wrist& thumb bruising injury that has kept him out since March. I doubt he practiced much while recovering. Jaeger is not a world beater but since May has made 5/7 cuts with 3 top 25's. He is 145 on the FedEx cup list and needs to get to 125 to make the playoffs. The motivation to play well is there. Hopefully the pressure does not get to him...

Yes sir! Hot as hell down here right now + the humidity pressing down on you! Over - Under 2½ withdrawals for the week? - Over 2½

That's tough because it's free money for the players as long as they finish. Basically would need some of the top level guys to WD to go over I think. Can probably pencil in Jason Day as a WD. If there are allergens around, Bubba is a good bet to quit too

god damn "Rahmbo"!!! the fucker shoots a final round [+4] for the Open last week to ace me out of a Top 10 bet tied 11th THEN shoots an opening [-8] in Memphis for a three shot lead over five others :mad:

3-3 on my match plays opening round. Wallace, Finau and Willett all in trouble :(

3rd round match ups Saint Jude Invitational:
Oleson -130 vs Conners: Conners seems to be getting weary at the end of this season. I have always thought highly of Oleson and expecting him to make a solid push up the leaderboard

Ichihara -120 vs Saksansin: pure degen play here. Basing this play on the numbers and how they have played thus far in this tournament. I know nothing about either guy. Trusting my eyes and what the numbers are showing...

Noren bet looking good so far and the Barracuda plays are a toss up.... all four guys look like they will make the cut... weekend sweat

3rd round match ups Saint Jude Invitational:
Oleson -130 vs Conners: Conners seems to be getting weary at the end of this season. I have always thought highly of Oleson and expecting him to make a solid push up the leaderboard

Ichihara -120 vs Saksansin: pure degen play here. Basing this play on the numbers and how they have played thus far in this tournament. I know nothing about either guy. Trusting my eyes and what the numbers are showing...

Noren bet looking good so far and the Barracuda plays are a toss up.... all four guys look like they will make the cut... weekend sweat
Good luck today

2nd round "The Matthew Mouse" Fitzpatrick [-6] for tourney [-9] and a two shot lead over four others including Jon Rahm [-7]

Wallace, Finau and Willett still in trouble at least five shots behind Horschel, Matsuyama and Fitzpatrick :(

Rory & Koepka paired.
Rory probably folds

I would NOT book it. Rory McIlroy [-8] for tourney [-12] vs Brooks Korpka [-6] for [-11] one of the two will probably win thought. the Euro players have been good this week. Matthew Fitzpatrick kind of lost it on the back side Saturday with [-1] for [-10] solo 3rd with Alex Noren [-4] and Jon Rahm [-2] tied 4th [-9]. Thorbjorn Olesen [-5] and Ian Poulter [-3] both tied 7th [-8]

Matt "WALL-E" Wallace [
-5] for [-6] trying to fight back against Horschel [-1] for [-8] and Tony Finau [-2] for [-1] just one behind Matsuyama [+2] for [-2]. Koepka, Pepperell and Reavie should be winners unless they do something REALLY stupid :)

final round pairings {pacific time):
11:00am: Rory Mcilroy vs Brooks Koepka
10:30am: Mathew Fitzpatrick vs Marc Leishman
10:40am: Alex Noren vs Jon Rahm
10:30am: Thorbjorn Olesen vs Ian Poulter
10:20am: Billy Horschel vs Tommy Fleetwood
10:10am Justin Thomas vs Bubba Watson
10:00am Matt Wallace vs Webb Simpson

Woodland in at +6.... I have Reavie who started out today -4 but has dropped 3 shots already and not even at the turn. Getting nervous.

Bubba Watson shooting a round early. [-3] for tourney [-10] thru #6 two shots back of Rory. Webb Simpson also [-3] for [-10] thru #7

well Brooks Koepka [-5] for tourney [-16] the winner with Webb Simpson [-5] for [-13] solo 2nd and Marc Leishman [-3] for [-12] solo 3rd. three British tied for 4th @ [-11] Tommy Fleetwood [-4] Matthew Fitzpatrick [-1] and Rory McIlroy [+1]

I had a decent match plays this week going 4-2
Brooks Koepka +130 [-5/-16] over Dustin Johnson [-2/-5] WIN +11
Eddie Pepperell +115 [+4/+4] over Keegan Bradley[+5/+12] WIN +8
Tony Finau +115 [even] [-2/-3] over Hideki Matsuyama [+2/even] WIN +3
Chez Reavie +115 [+1/-3] over Gray Woodland[+2/+6] WIN +9
Matt Wallace +105 [+3/-3] over Billy Horschel [-1/-8] [even/+8] LOSE-5
Danny Willett +135 [even/+1] over Matthew Fitzpatrick [-1/-10] LOSE-11

Solid week Rat!

3-1-1 for me this week. Only loss was Jaeger vs Rodgers in the Barracuda. I am really looking forward to the playoffs...

I hope you guys enjoyed the weekend!

Back