• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

WGC --FedEx St Jude Classic

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
Two years ago this had a normal size field. But last year it became some sort of an invitational. Only 63 players. This year it has 78 players according to information that popped up on my tv screen. Am I correct about all of this ??

Two years ago this had a normal size field. But last year it became some sort of an invitational. Only 63 players. This year it has 78 players according to information that popped up on my tv screen. Am I correct about all of this ??
Yes.

It is a WGC event now (World Golf Championship)

Going to likely be hot. Real hot. Brooks has to be hurt, he referenced it recently.

Curious what Alex Noren does this week. Been a rough 3 weeks for Rose, i would think he'd be peaking about now. I'm sure a lot of people will be on Rahm, who opened up last year with a 62 here.

Two bets in so far. I’ll probably have a top heavy card this week and roll with these two and maybe 1 or 2 others.

I read something that said in the past 9 years the winner has been Top 20 in SG:OTT and SG:APP. There are two guys that are playing very well and fit those two categories:

Xander Schauffele 24-1
Viktor Hovland 28-1

Sign me up!

Two bets in so far. I’ll probably have a top heavy card this week and roll with these two and maybe 1 or 2 others.

I read something that said in the past 9 years the winner has been Top 20 in SG:OTT and SG:APP. There are two guys that are playing very well and fit those two categories:

Xander Schauffele 24-1
Viktor Hovland 28-1

Sign me up!
All over X this week

Was doing well then got flattened last sunday in golf

Top 10 Ball Strikers
Viktor Hovland
Bryson DeChambeau
Collin Morikawa
Corey Conners
Joaquin Niemann
Xander Schauffele
Justin Thomas
Sergio Garcia
Abraham Ancer
Bubba Watson

Berger's course history can't be overlooked. I think this is the Tour stop with the most water balls year to year, so it's understandable why good ball strikers do well here. Maybe fade Euros because it's gonna be hot and humid

Berger's course history can't be overlooked. I think this is the Tour stop with the most water balls year to year, so it's understandable why good ball strikers do well here. Maybe fade Euros because it's gonna be hot and humid

Berger should be fun but he won here in much weaker fields. He is playing well and should have a comfort level though.

Please explain the enthusiasm for X.
He really hasn’t done much this year. Thanks

Sungjae locked at 60-1

X number for me has dropped to a point where I am going to wait a bit.

Gary is worth a shot.

Brooks number obviously making me stare at it..

More to come.

Same Story, bolded is the ball strikers, categories are SGApp/Bogey Avoidance/BorB%/SGoffTTee/SGATGreen/Scrambling - removed anyone under 1 unless top 10 striker and Im, who touches a ton of boxes.

1595947651524.png

Final card:

Rory 12-1
Xander 24-1
Hovland 28-1

Rory played well here last year but didn’t get it done on a Sunday. I don’t normally go up this high but this is a good number for him thanks to Rahm’s play honestly. I’d have expected a number closer to 8-1 on him for this. Rory has a great track record at WGCs.. two wins and like 10 top 10s I think. Top guys usually win these things.. so I could certainly see a Rory breakthrough here.

Weather report looks pretty dicey... leaning to play against guys who seem “hurt”.... DJ and BK topping my list so far as fades

Please explain the enthusiasm for X.
He really hasn’t done much this year. Thanks

I’ll give it a whirl..

Since the restart:
T13
T14
T20
T64
T3

No-cut events:

2017 Tour Championship - Won
2018 Tour Championship - T2
2019 Tour Championship - 2nd
2018 WGC HSBC - Won
2019 WGC HSBC - 2nd
2018 BMW Championship - T3

SG:APP - 16
SG:OTT - 7

Last edited:
Weather report looks pretty dicey... leaning to play against guys who seem “hurt”.... DJ and BK topping my list so far as fades

Would love to fade DJ in some H2H this week - though DK not offering any currently. I’m not sold on fading Brooks though. He actually hit the ball extremely well last week - just couldn’t putt the ball into a hula hoop. Not that he’s a great putter anyways, but certainly not that bad. However, will his knee hold up 4 rounds? I’m not saying I’m playing him, but I’m not running out to fade him either. Especially with Ian Poulter (only one I’m being offered)

Someone mentioned weather earlier... it’s not looking good. Tee times pushed back to 12:00 eastern. Gonna be a soft golf course.

Probably going to be some stop and start, maybe a good chance to fade guys with injuries. Though I like to tread lightly in these events with no cuts. Nothing like an early morning 64 on Sunday to ruin a good bet

Asking mr. SnopeY. Can you tell me in brief, no need to tell me how you derived these numbers, what they translate into. For example , Does Thomas at 4.5 represent your to choice for strong performance and Watson at 0.5 your weakest. Any response is welcome, including a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ Thanks so much.

Brooksie could be a nice contrarian DFS play....his ball striking numbers were good last week just couldn't putt it

DJ is gonna be like 2% owned. I think this is the best contrarian play for DK this week. Takes balls to play him though.

Asking mr. SnopeY. Can you tell me in brief, no need to tell me how you derived these numbers, what they translate into. For example , Does Thomas at 4.5 represent your to choice for strong performance and Watson at 0.5 your weakest. Any response is welcome, including a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ Thanks so much.

I can change the metric, i just have those numbers to visually see it better.... but if you're top 10 in any of those categories, I gave them 1, 11-15 received .5, 16-20 received .25, just outside top 20 was the "~" ...... so Thomas in these categories SGApp/Bogey Avoidance/BorB%/SGoffTTee/SGATGreen/Scrambling, was 3/5/4/19/14/7 respectively.

I've also bolded him as he is currently top 10 in ball striking since the restart.

Let me know if that makes any sense

Thanks, mr ScopeY. I think I got it. We have our draft late this afternoon and that will be helpful. My picks don’t have to win although that would be frosting on the cake, but I need at least 8 plaiyers to play well.

Back