• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Western Conference First Round Discussion

are you guys saying calling a white person "boy" and a black person "boy" are the same thing?
Not the exact same thing no, but I don’t like anyone calling me “boy” that isn’t my Father or someone I know very well.

if a black dude calls me whiteboy, it usually isn’t a term of endearment. Now, if we have some type of history/know each other......totally different.

it’s pretty easy to see where Mont was going with this. That isn’t debatable

Are we saying Top Euro success in NBA, or Top 5 Euro + NBA experience? Those are very different criteria, and if we are talking NBA only, some of these guys mentioned aren’t sniffing the top five.

Sabonis and Petrovic above Dirk, Gasol brothers and Parker imo...
Galis and Tkachenko should be mentioned.
Bodiroga btw... Though slightly below them...
Sabonis, Tkachenko, Petrovic and Luka for sure imo...

No way anyone is above Dirk. I loved Sabonis, but Dirk is easily the clear cut #1 on any “Euro” list.

Yeah Dirk was #1 till Luka showed up.

Luka has his sights on the World #1, MJ, but that’s a tall order.

Dirk played at a higher level than I’ve seen anyone in the championship run. Dude was unreal every night. Had Cramps hanging out at half court debating retirement.

Are we saying Top Euro success in NBA, or Top 5 Euro + NBA experience? Those are very different criteria, and if we are talking NBA only, some of these guys mentioned aren’t sniffing the top five.
I'm talking in Europe...myself...

Sabonis in my eyes, is one level above anyone, including Doncic.
Take a look at Jokic and picture someone twice as good at least. Sabonis did everything Jokic does, only better + he could defend. He was the first Center in the world that was point center. When he came to the NBA, it was towards the end of his career and his knees were done...

Kukoc was amazing, winning titles left in right both in Europe and in the NBA. But, he wasn't the type of player that can carry a team to NBA title on his back. Dirk, Luka, Sabonis - absolutely could (and Dirk did).

Very hard to judge Luka, because we factor in his age, that's what makes him so amazing and unique and he will have to continue to improve and so on. He was 16 years old only when he started to play for Real Madrid (one of the most titled teams in Europe). He was one of the stars (with Llull) in Real that won Euroleague in 2018 (he was 19 years only) and one of the stars of Slovenian NT when they won Eurobasket in 2017 (he was only 18 years old). I can't remember any player at such a young age, doing half the stuff he did.

When you talk about Sabonis, you have to remember that in 1986 he torn his achilles heel not once, but twice and still won many many many titles in the next 10 years...

You also need to remember that before the lift of iron curtain, Soviet players were hardly seen and surely couldn't play in the West, but Belov and Tkachenko were amazing. Tkachenko was a giant that could do anything. He was 2.20+ tall and was amazing...

Belov was a guard that had amazing basketball iq + he could shoot...

And not about the players, but I can't miss the chance to mention the Soviet version of Red Auerbach, Alexander Gomelsky. Both Jewish, both amazing coaches, both amazing winners that turned everything they touched in to gold

Gotta give Manu some props too, dude came into the league with zero hype.

No one knew or cared who he was.
Manu was the star of Virtus Bologna - one of the strongest teams in Europe back then... He was a superstar in Europe, so don't know about zero hype...
It's not like Porzingis that came to the NBA without doing anything in Europe - Manu was a proven player...

PG 13 had anxiety and depression during his 3 game shooting slump..........

Gonna be easy win for Clippers tomorrow again since he’s out of it now.......

Rockets are the better team so I’ll pay to see them lose G7. All this Westbrook and Harden slander just means we get an even better effort in G7. Seen this way too many times before...aka PG slander

Rockets are the better team so I’ll pay to see them lose G7. All this Westbrook and Harden slander just means we get an even better effort in G7. Seen this way too many times before...aka PG slander

I agree Rockets probably the play but I’ll prob pass cause I would love to see cp3 bounce them! Lol

I’m rolling with nugs, just think they have more surrounding Murray than jizz have helping Mitchell. What a show those 2 been putting on!

Where do the jazz go now
Yeah, should be interesting summer...
Gobert gave very strong series against Denver, but it's very hard not to put up solid numbers against Jokic and his poor defense. There was some bad blood between Rudy and Mitchell after Rudy infected Mitchell with Covid 19, but he is very hard to replace...
Utah probably pretty much stuck and it's hard to see where can they go, but back, till Conley's contract expires next season... Then they need to resign Mitchell...

i expect to lose but i put a few bucks on okc money line. would anyone be shocked if cp3 outplayed those 2 lifetime losers (in context of winning in nba playoffs, obviously not at life) choke away yet another playoff series? i wouldnt. i was just gonna watch and hope to see it but i wont watch without something on it!!

Back