• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Western Conference Finals Discussion: Rockets vs Warriors

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This is what we have all been waiting for. We have nearly a week for it to get going.

Lets. Talk. Hoops.

We all know Steph, Klay, Draymond, and KD are built for this. Until I see Houston win a big series I can’t be on them. Sure, you beat Minnesota and Utah, not impressed. I still have the image of Harden from last years playoffs basically quitting, and CP3 never leading his team to the conf finals until now. Now they are together, will it change? I’m not sure. Game 1 is a tone setter. Houston doesn’t necessarily have to win it, obv winning helps, but they can’t gry blown out. They gotta go punch for lunch w these cats and let them know they ain’t going anywhere. Should be fun tho.

First thoughts that jump out at me is how the Dubs owned CP when he was with the Clippers. It still got to be in his head. On top of that, I think Dubs have edge in the coaching match up as well. What’s D’Antoni done on the big stage? Like CP3, he trucked it when Nash was balling out in Phx. Gonna be a wicked series with Warriors prevailing somehow to meet LeBron for all the marbles again. It’s what everyone was waiting for since the season began no?

Dubs - Rockets series in the WCF... what a shocker :)

Hard series to project... Rockets have the HCA, but it doesn't mean much, as regular season record...
GSW are in the heads of both Harded and CP3 and they will need to overcome that.
Rockets have a solid roster that can make GSW work for wins, but doubt they can win in 7 games series...
I do think that we will see GSW win in 6 games, but can easily see ATS wise Rockets winning or worst case, getting a split...
At least one of the games in Oakland, should be very close...

First thoughts that jump out at me is how the Dubs owned CP when he was with the Clippers. It still got to be in his head. On top of that, I think Dubs have edge in the coaching match up as well. What’s D’Antoni done on the big stage? Like CP3, he trucked it when Nash was balling out in Phx. Gonna be a wicked series with Warriors prevailing somehow to meet LeBron for all the marbles again. It’s what everyone was waiting for since the season began no?
Why not Stevens and the Celtics? Stevens won so far in KO every coach he met. I think that Bron alone, won't be enough to beat the Celtics and Lue will need a way to get Love and others involved...

Why not Stevens and the Celtics? Stevens won so far in KO every coach he met. I think that Bron alone, won't be enough to beat the Celtics and Lue will need a way to get Love and others involved...

Stevens > Lue, no argument there whatsoever. End of the day, Lebron will will his team past the Celtics this year.

I agree with you that Dubs win in 6, I doubt it goes 7 but it would defo be a doozy if it did.

Houston won 2-1 h2h regular season. Houston built their team in hopes of knocking out the Dubs, as much as I want to think they can do it, I see them falling short. Two reasons: 1) Coaching advantage to Warriors. 2) C.R.E.A.M (shout out to Wu-Tang!) Push come to shove, I trust Curry & Company to deliver the goods based on their championship pedigree + desire to win another one. They coasted through the regular season and this is what they’ve been waiting for all year, CREAM rises to the top and I’m not going to bet against them SU in a 7 game series.

Dcuue3OWsAEKZp9.jpg

Definite adjustment from the regular season.

Golden State was -4.5 and -3 (injury one of those games -- I think KD was out in the -3 game) @ Houston.

The only thing in D’Antoni’s defense was they got robbed in that series where Amare got suspended

The only thing in D’Antoni’s defense was they got robbed in that series where Amare got suspended

True. We never would know the outcome if there were no suspensions.

D’Antoni still doesn’t scare me h2h versus Kerr. I’m contemplating a series bet on the Warriors, either 4-2 +250 or 4-3 +450.

Haven’t been this excited for a playoff series in quite awhile. I know GSW has the pedigree but I have a feeling Houston makes it interesting.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Curry did tweak his ankle last night. That's just more motivation to not let this go past 4-5 games.

Durant was unstoppable. GSW shooting 60% they’re not losing to anyone.

Rockets obviously run a lot of ISO but last nights 45 ISO positions was the most in any game in 5 years

Ken Mauer could extend this series. Ed Malloy a Dubs guy. Guthrie holds Mauer's shoes.

Huge news: Andre Iguodala is doubtful for Game 4 with a knee soreness.

Indeed, Dubs are very short on wing rotations. They have six big guys (used only one in this series), while Nick Young is their best wing off the bench. If Houston show some pride after getting whooped yesterday, this series could get very interesting.

Interesting line move. Vegas definitely betting with the Rockets here. Moving a line from -1 to +1 is essentially meaningless, unless you’re a bettor and want to follow the steam. -1 in these types of games will get more bets than +1 even with the same side. Just the way the market and perception works.

Iggy is the true MVP of that team. The 32 assists the last two games shows it. In hand, they are playing into Houstons hands and the Rockets are busting ass on defense. They are hungry, the last 5 quarters. I've never seen them try that hard.

On the other end..,.Houston is playing awful on offense. It is a shame that their offense consists of dribbling down to 5-8 seconds then trying a bad shot...but...they are shortening the game and somehow this is working. Much credit.

Game 6...if no Iggy GSW has to get a lead... it stays close they may be going home.

Possible Game 7.... who the heck knows.

I would say enjoy the series but this is brutal basketball to watch. I am not asking for 120-115 scores at all but just some sort of solid offensive sets would be nice or early offense. Oh well...

And Kerr is choking again in a pressure situation.

Back