• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Weekend Plays from North of the Border

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
YTD: 44-56-6 +$187.01
Parlay: 7-13

French Ligue 2

Reims vs Tours Kickoff Friday 2:00pm EST
Reims -1 @ 2.08 $150 to win $162

I'm still looking through some other games, but that seems to be one of my favorites for Friday. My French Ligue buddy has high regards on that play.

well screw it, what a bad week to bet the Ligue 2 cause it went back to its ole shit self by having those low scoring games. Now with EPL i'm going to play games i know off the head without really capping. I know a few injuries here and there but other than that, i'll be playing games i've paid close attention to for the past week.

Aston Villa vs Tottenham Kickoff 10.00am EST
Aston Villa -0.5 @ 2.53 $200 to win $306

Villa have yet to lose a game this season and even manager Martin O'Neill is expecting defeat sooner than later. Villa lost a key player upfront in Luke Moore who will be sidelined for 6 months due to shoulder surgery. This means that the right flank that has caused problems for many teams will be weakened.
Tottenham on the other hand are off to a disasterous start. They have yet to score on the road losing all 3 encounters with a -6 goal difference. Paul Robinson, who let in the howler during midweek for England against Croatia will get the nod in net. I still believe he's feeling the effects about that embarassment and will get a rough tune from the crowd. Don't think the Spurs can take anything out of this match today except try and score a goal. I am tempted to play the under as well but with the Spurs you aren't too sure what you can get, they have the quality but they have yet to display it.
Prediction: Aston Villa 1-0 Tottenham

Reading vs Chelsea
Reading +1 @ 1.9 $110 to win $100

Reading are one of the better home teams in all of England, they have yet to lose a home game in over a year and proved to Man Utd a couple weeks ago, that they aren't going to be some whipping toy. Chelsea have been kicking in all cylinders since the Boro defeat. They have yet to see anything from Shevchenko and are fortunate that Didier Drogba has been on a scoring rampage. But put that aside, the Royals are playing as well as Wigan did last year. No high expectations, very little house hold names, a much more cohesive unit than a lot of teams with big stars. I'll ride their current success until proven other wise. I think the Royals can get a draw here but at least not lose by 2.
Prediction: Reading 1-1 Chelsea

Manchester City vs Watford kickoff 10.00am EST
Under 2.5 @ 1.83 $150 to win $124.50
Man City ML @ 1.73 $150 to win $109.50
City have accumulated 7 out of 9 points at home. Conceeding 0 whereas Watford have failed to score on the road losing all 3 of their road games. I'm not fond of either attack and usually in these situations i can see the underdog just desperate to obtain a point. I think City can't afford to lose these sort of games. I also believe they are becoming like last years Fulham where they find all their success at home and can't find a win on the road. So i'm going to take advantage of this price.
Prediction: Man City 2-0 Sheffield Utd

Other game predictions:
Wigan 1-2 Man Utd
Liverpool 2-0 Blackburn Rovers
Middlesbrough 0-1 Everton
Portsmouth 2-1 West Ham Utd

Aight i'm late for work!

Man City...pathetic!
Villa! Wow Juan Pablo Angel is a tool bag. Good thing Captain Barry was there to save the day!

Dutch Eredivise

PSV vs Roda JC 8.30am EST Kickoff
Roda +1.5 @ 1.69 $144 to win $100

PSV have a Champs League encounter this midweek that they must win. They will be missing their key striker Jefferson Farfan. Roda have gone off to a great start to the season. Currently, these 2 teams are 5th and 6th in the table. Both have a similar record 4 wins 1 draw 1 loss. Both are low scoring teams even in this high scoring league. Interesting note are Roda's past visits to PSV

Feb 04, 2006 Eredivisie PSV Roda JC 3 - 2
Dec 18, 2004 Eredivisie PSV Roda JC 0 - 2
Feb 29, 2004 Eredivisie PSV Roda JC 1 - 2
Oct 19, 2002 Eredivisie PSV Roda JC 0 - 0

I expect PSV to win but perhaps only by 1 goal. THe price for PSV to win is ridiculous @ 1.36 Can't take it a weekend before CL.

Italy Serie A

Reggina vs Roma 9.00am EST Kickoff
Roma -0.5 @ 1.90 $220 to win $200

A solid bet IMO, Roma are primary contenders for the Scudetto and should take this one straight up. Yes they do have a Champs League encounter midweek, but against Reggina, they must take full advantage. Roma have outstanding form so far this season in the Serie A. Out of 5 games, 4 wins and 1 defeat scoring 10 and conceeding only 2 at the process. Reggina on the other hand were one of the 4 teams handed out points deduction. Lots of turmoil in this club and i don't expect them to do too much damage or cause a threat. I think -0.5 is a great value for a superior Roma squad.

Palermo vs Atalanta
Palermo ML @ 1.57 $875 to win $500

This is my biggest bet of the season. Palermo have outdone a lot of critics this season. Not only did they manage to dispose of West Ham Utd in UEFA Cup, but they have been on a tear in the Serie A. 2nd on the table level on points with Roma at the top, Palermo have always been one of the better sides at home. During Atalanta's last tenure at the Serie A in 2004/2005 season, this team accumulated only 1 victory on the road, 5 draws and 13 defeats. A lot of promoted clubs have troubles on the road during their first season but along time they will have adjusted. Well don't think they can adjust here. Only 2 games in on the road this season, Atalanta have yet to score a goal, doesn't bode too well.

Even though they supposedly got rid of the match fixing, there's still so much diving and cheating going on over there that its hard to follow.

The Italian league and National team make me fucken sick.

Green,
no kidding bro. Atalanta one of the worse road teams in this league gets a victory against an inform Palermo who have one of the better home records. So ITalian league is off my list no matter how desperate i can be. Should just stick to the lower divisions.

Greencastle said:
Even though they supposedly got rid of the match fixing, there's still so much diving and cheating going on over there that its hard to follow.

The Italian league and National team make me fucken sick.

violin

Back