• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 7 What Have We Learned

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I think Mac Jones might be a better overall QB than Tua. Tua is the best thrower of the ball I've ever seen, but Mac's decision making and toughness are elite, plus he's pretty good at throwing it too

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I think Mac Jones might be a better overall QB than Tua. Tua is the best thrower of the ball I've ever seen, but Mac's decision making and toughness are elite, plus he's pretty good at throwing it too

Not gonna lie at one point during that game I said “Tua who”.

I was for once happy with the Ags D performance.
Can't cover? Bring the kitchen sink. Maybe we actually had a DC that can cover the warts.
Too bad Chapman blew his knee on his best performance last week, but the rest of the youngsters stepped up. Run the ball , Jimbo, run the ball.

Ole piss fireworks against Alabama was a fluke because of lane knowing the defense signs or Arkansas defense the real deal?
Somewhere in between I think. Knowing our signs is overblown in my opinion. But Lane’s familiarity with our defense and knowing how to exploit it is pretty much what happened. And I think there was a little bit of being on our heels that made us even less effective. UGA is much more physical, but far less dynamic, which helped mitigate our struggles. Related to that, UGA has a championship defense, but same as the last 4 years, the offense isn’t good enough to win a title, especially at QB. Nice story, but when you’re trying to beat teams that have Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and yes Mac Jones, it’s just not enough

I actually agree.

VC, you start the thread, but I don't recall you posting much of what you learned.

This week might bring the most overreactions of any week so far. The season is a roller coaster, teams will look good, teams will look bad, no telling which team will show up week to week. But that isn't learned this week, that is just the way it always is.

Coastal Carolina has been a dog 3 times in 4 games and won all 3 straight up (favorite vs Campbell). Time they start getting some favorite treatment in the Sun Belt (GaSo, at GaSt, USA next 3 then at Troy).

Navy's O can't even exploit a team they always gash, but they are 3-0 in AAC play!

FSU still has some dudes on D, and UNC's OL is a big problem.

Houston is going to be very difficult to trust vs anybody.

Liberty has two more ACC teams to play yet! (at VT and at NCSt), if they go undefeated how high can they be ranked? They finish the year at Coastal Carolina!

Tennessee fans must be going ballistic!

By holding Notre Dame to 12 points yesterday, the Irish join a distinguished group of Syracuse (10 in 2017) and Kent State (3 in 2017) as the last FBS teams Louisville's D had such scoring success against. LV was allowing 34.25 ppg before yesterday.

Marshall is probably going to go undefeated (FAU, FIU, MTSU, Charlotte), but Marshall has been upset as a TD or more favorite in 3 of last 4 years.

North Texas has the nations leading receiver in recptions and yards, Jaelon Darden.

Ole Miss needs a bye week, they don't get it for 2 weeks when they play Vandy.

Not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing for UNC, but hate week comes early...host NC State this Saturday.

D'Erik King is good when receivers are wide open or the defense busts the coverage, otherwise he is very vulnerable to INTs.

Pitt has a chance to beat Notre Dame no matter who is at QB for the Panthers this week, but something tells me Notre Dame will play much better this week.

Is the Rice football season ever going to start? I kinda miss them.

WFT is up with Temple? Oh, yeah I forgot....Rod Carey that's what.

At this point I genuinely feel bad for Syracuse.

South Carolina - LSU might be fun!

Texas State defensive secondary is absolutely decimated. If they don't get some guys back this week BYU is going to light them up. They lost several guys to an already thin group yesterday and I think a couple of targeting ejections too but I forget what half those were in.

i watched the notre dame game and I don't think they have any playmakers at wide receiver this year. They came out passing out of the gate almost like they were prepping to play pitt next week because they knew they could run all day on louisville. As hard as they tried, they couldn't get the passing game going. Scoring 12 points on one of the worst defenses in football is laughable. I think Notre dame may just be worse than they have been the past few years.

If Florida state played miami next week I wonder what the score would be.

Would take BYU over them in a heartbeat.

I continue to be on the Cougars train. Zach Wilson is really good.

This play at 2:05 is my favorite one of the year:

Back