Week 6 Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Miami is about to get exposed.

I wonder how high the total will be between Bama/Ole Miss. Not sure oddsmakers have caught up to this year‘s Ole Miss with its tempo and overall more prolific attack. And Bama is Bama. And Ole Miss‘ D is still atrocious especially against the pass.

TCU + Iowa State letdown?

Number seems short for Florida?

I wonder how high the total will be between Bama/Ole Miss. Not sure oddsmakers have caught up to this year‘s Ole Miss with its tempo and overall more prolific attack. And Bama is Bama. And Ole Miss‘ D is still atrocious especially against the pass.

Patiently waiting for the Alabama total.......
Just gonna stick to playing
Alabama 1q
Alabama 1q Over
Alabama 1h
Alabama 1h Over
Alabama 1h TT over
Alabama FG over

Patiently waiting for the Alabama total.......
Just gonna stick to playing
Alabama 1q
Alabama 1q Over
Alabama 1h
Alabama 1h Over
Alabama 1h TT over
Alabama FG over

I‘m gathering from this that you think Bama will score very little against Ole Miss?

I‘m gathering from this that you think Bama will score very little against Ole Miss?

Dang.....BAS has this total line at 74......

Too high for me......gonna think it over.....

Alabama gonna score theirs......Mac jones could air it out.....he pretty accurate so far with the deep throws......#8 for Alabama another deep threat WR.....

Was thinking if Alabama don’t cover 1q and 1 h lines....it means their D will give up some points....

Not sure anyone on the planet can try and properly line a ULM game right now.

I think Miami pass rush might cause some occasional problems. Also think King's running will cause some occasional problems.

Agree I thought Florida would be more than a TD.

South Florida is garbage, so weird to see them favored over any FBS, but ECU just played like garbage so I suppose I can see why they are.

Charlotte a road fav?

Iowa State line seems high, but if TT without Bowman I can see that.

I saw a TV schedule that had Coastal at ULL this week. Don't see it on the lined list. That might be one of the best games of the week.

Agree on Florida number-
Makes me want to take A&M
Line stinks

If it was ever a time for the U it’s now. I think they get rammed too

Played the last available 14 at MGM on the Vols today. May lessen my position at a better number on Georgia later in the week. Gonna be brutal weather it looks like. Think this line keeps dropping.

OU football: Ronnie Perkins' suspended status for Texas game remains unchanged, according to Lincoln Riley

I thought he might be back this week, heard he won an appeal on the 6 game suspension? Riley says it could change in 5 minutes or it could change in 3 more weeks.

Some fallout from the Navy - Air Force game:

Navy’s defense got beat up along the way with starting inside linebackers Diego Fagot and Tama Tuitele both leaving with injuries. Starting safety Evan Fochtman and backup Mitchell West also got hurt. Starting safety Kevin Brennan was disqualified for targeting and must sit out the first half of Saturday’s home game against Temple.

QB Dalen Morris will be the starter for Navy vs Temple. He did not travel to Colorado Springs due to a health condition that makes it potentially dangerous for him to be at high altitude.

ill def be looking at Texas tech and trying to find enough reasons to play them. Gators number short for sure

This card has a lot of potential at 1st glance but not gonna start digging into to the numbers till 2marro. Just skimming thru card I feel like I’m gonna have another really solid week!!

Some fallout from the Navy - Air Force game:

QB Dalen Morris will be the starter for Navy vs Temple. He did not travel to Colorado Springs due to a health condition that makes it potentially dangerous for him to be at high altitude.

i hate temple hasn’t played yet but think they make it very tough on navy offense.

i hate temple hasn’t played yet but think they make it very tough on navy offense.

Well, you always deal with the unknown with teams that haven't played.

One thing I like about it here with Temple is that this game was originally scheduled September 26th. So it isn't like there have been other games that Temple would have been preparing for other than Navy. Since the corona-rescheduling, Navy was always going to be their opener. Temple's biggest problem is being in the city of Philadelphia made it so they couldn't get together for any practices. I'd have to look into it to see how much they have been group practicing and for how long, but that was the reason they moved the game because Philly restrictions prevented Temple from properly preparing. Just saying, to any extent they have been preparing, it has all been Navy, and we know Navy is not good at the LOS or pretty much anywhere else.

While Navy will want to bounceback with a big effort off the embarrassing Air Force game, just like they wanted to off the embarrassing BYU game - in game 2 vs Tulane, they were getting blown out in the first half...so it isn't like Navy was all fired up to atone for that ugly ass national TV ass kicking, no they showed up at Tulane and continued getting their asses kicked. Navy did start a Tr Fr QB and replaced him with the game 1 QB, Dalen Morris who will be starting here. A few things led to the Navy comeback at Tulane, in switching QBs from the Tr Fr to Morris who is a passer appeared to catch Tulane napping and Tulane never adjusted for the fact that Morris is a decent thrower (Tulane was leaving guys wide open). Couple that with a horrible performance by Tulane's QB that led to stagnated offense. And a little thing called momentum.

This feels like a total get right game for ville on Friday night!! 4.5 is so short. You know sims gonna make a few critical turnovers and ville will make them pay.

Not sure anyone on the planet can try and properly line a ULM game right now.

I think Miami pass rush might cause some occasional problems. Also think King's running will cause some occasional problems.

Agree I thought Florida would be more than a TD.

South Florida is garbage, so weird to see them favored over any FBS, but ECU just played like garbage so I suppose I can see why they are.

Charlotte a road fav?

Iowa State line seems high, but if TT without Bowman I can see that.

I saw a TV schedule that had Coastal at ULL this week. Don't see it on the lined list. That might be one of the best games of the week.

coastal catching 7 feels like a great bet to me.

That Coastal - ULL game is unlikely to be played at the current scheduled time/location. LSU - Missouri is expected to be moved to Columbia today.

Tre swilling back.

Pretty sure GT will gash Louisville rush defense

I hate to say it bud but I think this a big time get right game for ville. The way Travis was able to gash tech defense with his legs even tho he was no threat to throw and way Blackmon escaped trouble any time tech got penetration I expect Cunningham is gonna go wild not only with his feet but hitting big plays thru the air when he starts moving around. Square me up with ville -4.5

In a game Simms is gonna have to make plays to keep up I just think you gotta expect he will have some bad turnovers and ville will really lull away when that happens.

How can we lay points with Houston when they have yet to play a game? Seems like a huge disadvantage doesn’t it?

I hate to say it bud but I think this a big time get right game for ville. The way Travis was able to gash tech defense with his legs even tho he was no threat to throw and way Blackmon escaped trouble any time tech got penetration I expect Cunningham is gonna go wild not only with his feet but hitting big plays thru the air when he starts moving around. Square me up with ville -4.5
No doubt bank. I didnt put a gazillion on it. I think the game will be exciting and I like that its home, night Friday, even without crowd, eyeballs will be on it

If coach collins gets blown out it would be uber deflating. I dont see that happening, but it could

It's hard to imagine GT defense shutting down ville, but ville wont be shutting down anyone either.

No doubt bank. I didnt put a gazillion on it. I think the game will be exciting and I like that its home, night Friday, even without crowd, eyeballs will be on it

If coach collins gets blown out it would be uber deflating. I dont see that happening, but it could

It's hard to imagine GT defense shutting down ville, but ville wont be shutting down anyone either.

well you know I have a bit a blind spot for ville so I could be way off base! lol. I want to convince myself the defensive effort vs pitt showed improvement but then we watched Pitt struggle to score on NCst for 3 qrtrs!!! Lol. At least one of us will get the cash buddy!! If I lose I’ll be happy you win!

well you know I have a bit a blind spot for ville so I could be way off base! lol. I want to convince myself the defensive effort vs pitt showed improvement but then we watched Pitt struggle to score on NCst for 3 qrtrs!!! Lol. At least one of us will get the cash buddy!! If I lose I’ll be happy you win!

I have many blind spots that's why I read analysis from dudes like you.

The only thing I'm sure of is that the game will be wonderful to watch on a real fall Friday night in the 404.

I have many blind spots that's why I read analysis from dudes like you.

The only thing I'm sure of is that the game will be wonderful to watch on a real fall Friday night in the 404.

how you feel about the over? I feel like ville should score 35 with potential for more if tech sets them up with short fields. My concern is tech red zone issues, I agree they will be able to move the ball between the 20s but that a awful high number if they get down there then settle for 3s or even worse get nothing!

how you feel about the over? I feel like ville should score 35 with potential for more if tech sets them up with short fields. My concern is tech red zone issues, I agree they will be able to move the ball between the 20s but that a awful high number if they get down there then settle for 3s or even worse get nothing!

I hear ya. I was just looking on BOL for teams totals. Not up yet. I wanted to consider GT ttover.

Total up 2.5 since open

Pitt/BC is so interesting to me. 44 is a insanely low total for a game I expect we see close to 80 freaking passes!! The biggest questions can either team give their qb time and can pitt actually punch it in when they get inside the 20?? I just dunno how you can play a under when neither team gonna have much success on the ground and they gonna have to throw. Many times under pressure which could lead to mistakes. Gotta see what weather gonna be like here but if we have clear skies I think this game goes over.

Pitt/BC is so interesting to me. 44 is a insanely low total for a game I expect we see close to 80 freaking passes!! The biggest questions can either team give their qb time and can pitt actually punch it in when they get inside the 20?? I just dunno how you can play a under when neither team gonna have much success on the ground and they gonna have to throw. Many times under pressure which could lead to mistakes. Gotta see what weather gonna be like here but if we have clear skies I think this game goes over.

I took Pitt

RedFree I took Pitt

There were just some things that I didn’t like about laying the points with them. I was capping that game at 4:30 in morning so can’t remember wtf they were!! Lol. I think 3rd down and red zone were 2 areas that concerned me. Im far from making a pick on this one but just thought the total was so interesting I wanted to put it out there and get thoughts!

Back