• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wednesday Night Football : Let's Discuss

SP+ App 36-35
App 3rd in Points/Play at .756
Based on plays/points per play App 38-36
App +5 TO, LAL -1
App Sacks 11/6 LAL 12/6
Tough game to figure.
App TT over 33.5 somewhat enticing....

Neither team's run defense strikes me as strong enough to limit scoring in this one.

But aren't weekday Sunbelt unders a trend for a reason?

This side has been all over the place...

-1 to -2.5 on Sunday back to -1 on Monday...brief flip to Appy -1 then back to ULL -1 and PK yesterday..and been on the move to -2.5 this afternoon...

Double revenge for Louisiana from last year - lost 27-17 and 30-19 in title game both at app st. Also possible these teams meet in title game this year making this game huge as possible home field determination at stake.
Both teams off byes (half byes with midweek game) so maybe that neutralizes a very strong sbc midweek under trend and don’t think many would argue these are the top 2 offenses in the conference this year.

Double revenge for Louisiana from last year - lost 27-17 and 30-19 in title game both at app st. Also possible these teams meet in title game this year making this game huge as possible home field determination at stake.
Both teams off byes (half byes with midweek game) so maybe that neutralizes a very strong sbc midweek under trend and don’t think many would argue these are the top 2 offenses in the conference this year.
Good stuff.

Big game for ULL for those reasons, they’ve really hyped it up over there this week. Wouldn’t expect the atmosphere to be a run of the mill Wednesday Fun Belt game.

Both HC are offensive minds that likes to play fast. Lots of implications for Appy St. to get a possible NYD game?!?!? If Boise St. were to slip and Appy wins out...possible New Years game for them. That win at N. Carolina was huge and very tough place to play...ask Clemson. Appy St. also has S. Carolina in the next few weeks. I'm sure they want this win just as bad as ULL.

Both HC are offensive minds that likes to play fast. Lots of implications for Appy St. to get a possible NYD game?!?!? If Boise St. were to slip and Appy wins out...possible New Years game for them. That win at N. Carolina was huge and very tough place to play...ask Clemson. Appy St. also has S. Carolina in the next few weeks. I'm sure they want this win just as bad as ULL.
Interesting that App St has only run 64.3 plays/game, probably so low because they score so quickly.

Interesting that App St has only run 64.3 plays/game, probably so low because they score so quickly.

Doesn't make sense either. But perhaps it can be attributed to good field position as their ST is pretty darn good. Something like averaging 30 yrds on Kick Returns and almost 20 yard on Punt Returns.

Even though they have a new staff App State is definitely the more mature program and less likely to be phased by the situation. I just have the memory of Charlotte running up and down the field on them a few weeks ago burned into my memory.

Last edited:
Matchup history leans hard to the Under but not a big proponent of 5 year windows. While neither defense is great they are likely better than the ones they racked up their stats against. ULL/Under is the play for me if I keep drinking at this rate.

ULL should be able to run the ball on this App State squad. Impressive running numbers last week against a Georgia Southern squad that has been tough in their run defense.

App State going to need to create multiple turnovers to stay in this one IMO. Thomas is a winner but they were fortunate versus Charlotte and UNC.

Should be an awesome game relatively speaking for mid week Fun Belt action. Wish I had a lean here but this is a tough one to find a strong edge imo

I think every team playing on a Wednesday has been on a bye from the week before. I can’t remember any team playing on a Saturday and then a Wednesday ever since these Wednesday games started being a thing.

I got out of the shower and put on my App State shirt, then I just bet ULL. I've never bet against a shirt I'm wearing.

70 is a pretty high total
There was zero reason for this total to have been 70. High 50's maybe but 70??? UL oline is garbage, their playcalling is garbage, their QB is garbage. Yes, their D is garbage but App ain't a good offense. These notes will be important come Bowl Season because we tend to overvalue these offenses. There are ZERO impact players on offense for either team.

There was zero reason for this total to have been 70. High 50's maybe but 70??? UL oline is garbage, their playcalling is garbage, their QB is garbage. Yes, their D is garbage but App ain't a good offense. These notes will be important come Bowl Season because we tend to overvalue these offenses. There are ZERO impact players on offense for either team.

Not sure if I can completely agree on this. ULL has pretty much ran on everyone the last two years with the exception of Tulane, Troy and Mississippi State.

I've got under 70, but I can't see this shitty play going on all game.

Live bet over 42*, hopefully get a middle...

Well, that TD helped the cause, now it's up to 47*.

I haven't watched since early 2q but just checking in...and this could be a pure 3 hour game. Yup, go under by 40 points or so.

How bad can you be as an OC when you have a QB who sucks and you're asking him to fake handoffs and you start him off with his feet out of position to make a quick throw. The guy is literally so out of position to throw that he's in slow motion. My only hope is these OC's are volunteers and not on the payroll.
Ignorance abounds in sports today. We're watching it now on ESPN2

Someone shoot me if I ever bet on this most creative team of UL. They are so poorly coched you wonder how they're playing on primetime

Back