VirginiaCavs General Discussion Thread -- Click here for all things VirginiaCavs!

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by VirginiaCavs, Oct 9, 2017.

Bet at 5dimes
  1. VirginiaCavs

VirginiaCavs CTG's Resident Expert on Chucky Dolls

I didn‘t man sorry. I shared it with the group and they ignored me.

2. VirginiaCavs

They were hell-bent on Mexican and we chose between Fondy‘s tip and another place someone heard of

3. shakerpenguin

shakerpenguin Wears the pants

Well let them know they definitely chose the overpriced, mediocre-at-best one lol

VirginiaCavs likes this.
  4. B.A.R.

B.A.R. CTG Partner Staff Member

First of all, great ideas.

Second, young kids and Mexican is a thing. Well, they think it is Mexican it is usually Tex-Mex but that is a 'THING'.

5. shakerpenguin

Oh, Mexican and me is a thing too. But if I'm in a place known for other stuff then I'm gonna try the other stuff first. Especially when the options for Mexican are minimal given their location and unwillingness to walk anywhere.

Also pisses me off to no end when someone asks for opinions then ignores them all (especially when I get a "where should cavs go in Madison, honey? from across the room)

Lexington 125 likes this.
  6. VirginiaCavs

I told them my Wiscy amigos were pissed over the decision. The cheese is like a fucking pancake

7. VirginiaCavs

Dude I shared and tried to enforce your tips and Fondy‘s mexican tip made the final round of decisions

8. VirginiaCavs

My friend says it was about friends rather than food. Lots of people came who I never met before so I didn‘t have much say

9. VirginiaCavs

Visited Bascom Hill thanks Fondy for the directions now drinking Hamm‘s with friends after toasting to Travis. Peace out guys and I appreciate the tips

10. VirginiaCavs

I don‘t like large social gatherings esp with ppl there i dont know

11. KJ

KJ The Mayor of CTG

Calling skaker dude is a new thing

12. VirginiaCavs

13. VirginiaCavs

Dude is gender-neutral nowadays

14. KJ

KJ The Mayor of CTG

Not when you say it to a female, you've lost that conversation immediately

15. VirginiaCavs

I forget gender while posting on ctg

16. Fondybadger

Fondybadger CTG Partner Staff Member

In that case, you should go to Woofs!

17. Fondybadger

Fuck that noise. The only time I call you honey is when I want dinner or a blow job

18. VirginiaCavs

We gotta wake up early for visitation and mass and funeral and perhaps some big lunch in between we need to crash

19. VirginiaCavs

Wow

20. KJ

KJ The Mayor of CTG

8 calls a day ftw

P-Unit likes this.
  21. VirginiaCavs

I just found out what visitation is. Jesus christ i can‘t fathom that

22. Fondybadger

open or closed?

23. VirginiaCavs

Open

24. VirginiaCavs

Me and my friend, Travis‘ two closest friends, had a long talk. We figured out that Travis was probably depressed. He‘s a very independent guy and was crushed that he couldn‘t find a way out of the situation he was in —a dwindling friendship with my friend because my friend was getting involved in other things that Travis didn‘t want to be a part of, despite the best efforts of my friend (who he lived with) to help Travis be more social instead of withdraw into himself. A Junior in college who had been deserted numerous times by girls who he had actually begun to care about and didn’t have a direction for his future. Travis told me some things at different times, but put on a smile and seemed happy. He was never the kind of guy to ask for help and he was a bullshitter par excellence. He was super smart with logic but also really childish with his emotions—like me. Like he told me though that he and his other friend were drifting. But told me not to tell our friend, which I now utterly regret not doing. Maybe subconsciously he was hoping I would. He told me another time about his lack of friends at home where he was going for winter break. About his bad relationship with his parents. That he was playing games a lot by himself. I feel like I should have picked up on those signals. I regret not seeing through the bullshit of the friend I thought I knew perfectly. I regret not being able to prevent the person I loved most from slipping through the cracks because his depression undermined his will to live. I feel complicit. Like he‘s sending us a message by dying the day before we came back. Like saying we couldn‘t help him.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  25. VirginiaCavs

Emotionally brutal to see my friend again especially his face without his typically bright smile. To see all the pictures of him always smiling and then

26. MANEKI NEKO

MANEKI NEKO Average Joe

Depression is a nasty thing, and it’s on the rise due to societal factors.
    With the rise of ANTI SOCIAL MEDIA, human relationships have changed.
    It’s not the same as it used to be.
    Connections are no longer face to face, connections are superficial.
    Making it as a youngster is harder than ever because those with the money control everything and youngsters start from ground zero.

The depression arises from a major traumatic incident like a job loss marriage breakdown birth death etc..
    Depression is a very dangerous thing because it takes a persons will to live and destroys it.
    It makes a person believe many lies and many things that are not true.

My advice to all is this.

Humans are extremely flawed beings. Ignorance is associated with humans. DO NOT PUT YOUR HAPPINESS ON OTHER PEOPLE. you will end up extremely disappointed.

Whether you have lots of friends or none it’s the exact same thing. Truthfully every one is in this existence alone. Happiness is an internal quality.

When we think outside ourselves and focus on others we will be left upset sad depressed because we lose our personal power.

I mentioned this before. When feeling bad or sad just sit quietly. Sit quietly and reassure yourself that you are OK. When you do this you will realize from your deeper true self that you are okay.

Humans are always at their best when they are quiet. Silence is their essence. No judgement no opinions no thoughts nothing just silence. That brings true happiness.

Fondybadger and ProV1Colt like this.
  27. MANEKI NEKO

MANEKI NEKO Average Joe

There’s just too much noise and too much mental activity these days for youngsters.

Not to mention the future of SYMBIOSIS is already here. Symbiosis is the joining of Man with computer-

Look in any room of 30 people and ask everyone if they have a cell phone. Every single person will pull a phone out.

Life now is too much about technology. An app for this an app for that. It’s the eventual movement to a future human like a cyborg. Half man half machine.

We are in stage 1 of symbiosis. The results have been abysmal however people are lining up for the new I phone etc.

It’s all noise these days too much twitter too much Facebook which is a covert site to convert people into Narcissists. Twitter is a site to make sure every single person in the world can give their two cents in everything. Like shut the fuck up nobody cares.

References are made like this which are totally delusional. Star athlete hits three pointer to win and Twitter goes absolutely crazy?
    When did twitter become something of existence? Did twitter become a separate entity?

You can see where they are headed with these apps that were designed to slowly destroy society and dehumanize people.

The result of all this is UNPRECENTED MENTAL HEALTH issues. Add in automation and massive job loss and rising real estate prices it’s hard to not envision a FUTURE MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS.

What Can be done?

One has to examine society and know what’s good for oneself and what is not good for one self.

One must read more things about wisdom and denounce all this bs that society has people believing in.
    Fame, money, celebrities, entertainment is all complete garbage. There is nothing but extreme ignorance involved with these things.

Knowing ones true power knowing one true self is the only weapon against all this BS BEING pushed out in Society against unsuspecting minds.

28. MANEKI NEKO

MANEKI NEKO Average Joe

Checklist-

1- know your true self. Inner soul deeper soul

2- Do not get ATTACHED to conventional reality-
    Ex- occupation status fame ambition status etc

3- Do not put your happiness on Other ppl.
    Ppl are ignorant. No happiness to be found in others.

4- Do not look at others. Do not look at what they do, look at nothing. Just focus on yourself.

If we follow these rules you have a chance at happiness.

The current societal direction is headed towards DEHUMANIZATION. A silo mentality .

One must understand and take time to know the truth. Those who don’t know the truth will be disappointed in a society of complete garbage where ppl like the Kardashians and Lavar Ball exist.

29. MANEKI NEKO

MANEKI NEKO Average Joe

Also surround yourself with POSITIVE PPL.

Positive ppl are the key to happiness. Happiness is a choice. It’s that simple.

People that are positive are happier.

People that are negative are unhappy.

Who you associate can effect a persons happiness because when dealing with negative toxic ppl they will always drag you down.

Everything is energy. Choose your energy wisely.

IF YOU DONT HAVE MANY POSITIVE PPL IN YOUR LIFE THATS OK. JUST GET RID OF THE NEGATIVE ONES.

BETTER TO BE ALONE THAN TO BE IN THE COMPANY OF NEGATIVE PPL.

30. shakerpenguin

So the moral of a thread about the death of a friend who may have been depressed or mentally ill is to push people like that out of your life? That'll sure solve all of society's problems, grandpa.

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

VirginiaCavs and Alan Tongue like this.
  31. MANEKI NEKO

MANEKI NEKO Average Joe

You may have misinterpreted from which angle I am coming from. Allow me to explain.

I never stated to push mentally ill or depressed people out of your life. I clearly stated to push negative toxic people out of ones life.

People become depressed and mentally unhealthy because of abusive toxic controlling type of people. It is medically proven to be terrible for ones health.
    Helping a friend in need is a duty for a wise person. Looking after others is a great thing to do.

However one must draw a line with negative toxic ppl who aren’t in need of help.

As the great Buddha said, a wise man cannot keep the company of fools. Trust me negative people have no place in a positive persons life. The energy doesent match. The positive person will become ill surrounded by toxic negative ppl. Ever heard of a toxic workplace. It all makes sense.

I also stated for a youngster to carefully examine his or her role in society and deeper in this existence. Everyone is already perfect. Everyone is already realized. All that needs to be removed is the Ignorance.

The ignorance is people getting carried away too much in conventional reality. Ex. Career fame popularity jealousy ambition, selfish acts, none of this stuff will matter in the end. Trust me. It’s all a product of your mind and nothing more than perceptions and oponions judgements.

I am advocating a person to escape all the Bs ignorance, all the delusion all the hate all the division all the judgements opinions perceptions?

When we escape these things guess what’s left?

You are left, your true essence. Peace is left.

32. MANEKI NEKO

MANEKI NEKO Average Joe

The moral of the story is that as a society are we doing enough to care for our youth? Are we doing enough?

Or are we doing things to contribute to the youngsters declining mental health rates?

Who is responsible for a persons mental health? Youths parents , the youth himself?

As a society as individuals we must raise awareness of mental health and empower youth. They need positivity. They need wisdom. They need to be told about life, and they need to be educated in a manner that makes them more confident more self assured.

It’s up to people to understand the influences and take this issue seriously.

Culture is not your friend.
    Society is not a place to try and get your identity from.

In America a youth grows up seeing mass violence all over television, retards like the Kardashian’s and Dan Bilzerian, Lavar ball, violent video games terrible unhealthy foods, bad violent news on all news channel scaring youth? Then changing the fundamental way humans communicate by changing it to cell phones and discouraging communication by apps which people swipe yes or no. All these things are garbage they were all designed to hurt people.

This is supposed to be healthy for youths?
    Look at the culture and you will know the source of the problems.

When we know the truth we will all be better off.

Youth are products of the culture and society we live in. If the youth are struggling clearly the culture is garbage. People become products of the garbage culture if they believe in it. I am advocating to believe in yourself, your spirit. Belief in something true not something made up and created by man.

When we truly understand about our deeper existence we relax and we don’t put too much thought or concern in regular life.

There is a reason that Monks are the most peaceful people in the world.
    Monks are detached from thoughts, from opinions from mental activity. However they can still carry on with their regular daily activities. They are even funnier when spoken to.
    I have met in person with Buddhist monks. Fascinating people , I recommend to everyone to visit one and just listen to what they have to say. A very enlightening experience.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  33. VirginiaCavs

My friend was not mentally ill. We are talking about possible sadness (depression) that may have undermined his will to live while he was struggling with the flu despite air travel lack of sleep lack of exercise and poor diet. Haven‘t read what you said yet but but please don‘t push labels on my friend.

34. VirginiaCavs

But Sammy i read a bit of what you said just a bit no fucking clue how any of it relates to my friend no fckn clue what you‘re talking about

35. VirginiaCavs

I was hoping to use my thread to reflect on my friend and write down some emotions for myself or whoever cared to read. Zero interest in reading about the effects of tinder on today‘s youth. Travis loved his insta and snapchat i dont think he was into tinder

36. shakerpenguin

Clinical depression IS a mental health disorder. If you stigmatize "mental illness" to mean something it's not that's your problem. (Also "sadness" is not clinical depression but hey)

Also sammy is a fucking nutjob so you're best to just skip his posts in general

VirginiaCavs likes this.
  37. KJ

KJ The Mayor of CTG

Shaker going HAM

While you're at can you give me somewhere for great cheese curds in PHX please?

38. shakerpenguin

I've never been to Phoenix, but with all the Wisconsinites down there there's gotta be some. Quick search shows me Tuck Shop, Rocket Burger and Casey Jones Grill. All those curds look ok, but who knows. There's alway's Culver's too.

39. KJ

KJ The Mayor of CTG

Casey Jones has OTB as well, big time Wisconsin bar. Hit a decent Pick 3 there once

Every tv on Packers games on Sunday...although it's kinda like that at Sandbar too, massive Wisky crowd but no curds....Wisconsin Mexican lol...Taco Tuesday at least

40. shakerpenguin

Have to remember that if we ever go down for spring training

41. VirginiaCavs

I hope they have roundabouts in Arizona i‘m loving these things in Green Bay

42. Fondybadger

Awesome that I get pulled away from work to give an infraction to shaker.

43. shakerpenguin

So worth it

Lexington 125 likes this.
  44. P-Unit

P-Unit Making CTG Great Again

finally get to be the boss for a change

B.A.R. likes this.
  45. KJ

KJ The Mayor of CTG

Fondu has the meats let's not get lost here

VirginiaCavs and P-Unit like this.
  46. VirginiaCavs

Back to real life. Somehow. School fun with friends articles and posting on ctg. My friends won‘t let me do anything with lucy at this time.

47. VirginiaCavs

I want to write the best damn poem anyone ever has for Travis. He wouldn‘t have cared for it but its something I gotta do. Anyone ever write a poem before that can offer some advice?

48. B.A.R.

I composed a poem last spring. It was wild.

VirginiaCavs likes this.
  49. VirginiaCavs

Go on?

50. B.A.R.

It's private, I cannot.

VirginiaCavs and KJ like this.