• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

USMNT road to 2022 thread

I love Dempsey”s quote that all he wants to do is fish and score goals ( this is someone who was a captain under JK)

Timmy Chandler telling Bobby Wood not to play a qualifier if he is a little banged up because it’s his club team that pays all the bills ..

Federation admitting that they knew JK wouldn’t do any of the day to day stuff that technical director requires but gave him the title anyways to justify his large salary.

So much good stuff

JK must have signed a NDA , because he hasn’t spoken at all about this stuff.

Ernie Stewart announced as GM, I’d say like B+ hire

A lot of rumors this makes Berhalter ( Columbus crew coach) the #1 choice given their relationship

But nothing will be done at earliest until after World Cup on manager

I cant listen to the ringer football pods, tried one but they just have no substance or entertainment

Surprised they dont have soccer specific people

I remember last world cup grantland got the men in blazers guys for their previews

I agree with Martino very unlikely LVG will happen, but not a surprise his name is out their given Earnie Stewart’s Dutch ties

Two guys whose names will be linked after World Cup

Roberto Martinez
Osorio- current Mexican coach

I really don’t like either , but Osorio is kinda growing on me

Martinez would be a disaster, dont know too much on osorio

I do think they need someone youngish or who is a players coach, the ideal team for 2022 are all basically under 25 now, need to grow that team together, i wouldnt call anyone up who is 28 or older now

Well I think the choice was made easy for him , the younger players are just better . Bradley form slid so much this year , that I’m not sure he would make the 23 man roster of the World Cup was tomorrow

But, Jozy is still the best striker in the Pool and it’s probably not that close right now

I like the new world cup qualifying format

Top 6 in fifa rankings straight to hex, top 3 make world cup

4th place goes to playoff vs

Winner of a qualifying group of other 33 teams, 8 groups of 4 or 3, play home and home, then 8 group winners go to ko rounds of home and home knockouts

So then winner of that vs 4th place hex, play for the right to face the oceanic team to go to world cup

Rankings will be after next june

So us and mex are a lock for hex, ticos in this cycle too

Next 3 spots probably between jamaica, Honduras, el Salvador, canada, panama, curacao, and maybe t and t

All those are between 56 and 93, so last 2 teams especially would need to go HAM in nations league and friendlys

Right now el salv in 6th at 71, Panama and canada are 74 and 78

Back