• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

UCLA @ Oklahoma 9/8

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
Anyone have an updated early line on this?

Lots of question marks for both teams coming in, but certainly two of the best offensive minds in CFB going H2H in Coach Kelly and Coach Riley

I haven't seen this on any GOY's...

Obviously UCLA isn't that good and 6-7 wins would be an accomplishment there this year.

Oklahoma is going to be fun, as always. They start with this and FAU. Seeing as they are 21 point favorites vs the Lane Train I'd expect anything from -17 to -23 or so. Hopefully there is a 'respect' line so I can pound OU in some shape or form. I can already guess I'll have some sort of TT on the Sooners in this match up.

I haven't seen this on any GOY's...

Obviously UCLA isn't that good and 6-7 wins would be an accomplishment there this year.

Oklahoma is going to be fun, as always. They start with this and FAU. Seeing as they are 21 point favorites vs the Lane Train I'd expect anything from -17 to -23 or so. Hopefully there is a 'respect' line so I can pound OU in some shape or form. I can already guess I'll have some sort of TT on the Sooners in this match up.

Because of OUr new QB Kyler Murray and many other new faces on both sides of the ball not to mention the Kicking game, I expect the line to be around 13.5ish to open and may 14 or 14.5 to close. Just a guess.

Because of OUr new QB Kyler Murray and many other new faces on both sides of the ball not to mention the Kicking game, I expect the line to be around 13.5ish to open and may 14 or 14.5 to close. Just a guess.

That would be, at this point, a multi-unit play for me on Oklahoma. I am very high on them and Kyler.

If you look at the GOY on Washington and UCLA it is -16 at Pasadena which translates to -23/-24 at home for the Huskies. Now, this is a team that I have rated pretty high this year so that is why I said maybe as low as -17 for OU vs UCLA but that is wishful thinking on my part, most likely.

FAU would be favored on a neutral vs UCLA, imho (just really starting stage 2 of CFB prep right now) and they are catching 21 the first week as of now... at OU.

Hard to get one's mind wrapped around the notion that FAU is better than UCLA headed into week 1 but that is most certainly the case in my opinion.

I see a thread with Majent, Horses and Carolina Guy(Tarheel) and I think it is like fall 2006 or sumtin.

I see a thread with Majent, Horses and Carolina Guy(Tarheel) and I think it is like fall 2006 or sumtin.

ROTFLMFAO

I've been away a long time. I have kids now and they are the Joy of my life so all sports take a backseat, but CFB especially the Sooners still atop my list.

how have you guys been ??

You're too kind, sir.

Hope you're enjoying Wimbledon if not the WC

Both!! as soon as the Kiddos and Wife are asleep I get to catch up on the matches of the day. Wimby and WC two of my favorite sporting events hands down.

ROTFLMFAO

I've been away a long time. I have kids now and they are the Joy of my life so all sports take a backseat, but CFB especially the Sooners still atop my list.

how have you guys been ??
I've been great. Time flies... Always good to see you around. Boomer Sooner crushing recruiting right now too... Riley's world. Big things coming.

I've been great. Time flies... Always good to see you around. Boomer Sooner crushing recruiting right now too... Riley's world. Big things coming.

Yes, Lincoln can really recruit. I am so happy he got the job. Loved Stoopsie but I always felt he was too uptight and conservative and team played that way in key spots, even on O. Texas and OU both recruiting super well -- we need the BIG 12 back on top

The game is set for an 11 am kickoff I think, which means the stadium will be an oven before kickoff and probably be 120 or more on the field by the second half.

It may help UCLA that LA is having a hot summer, but they have never felt anything like the humidity they will run into in Norman.

The game is set for an 11 am kickoff I think, which means the stadium will be an oven before kickoff and probably be 120 or more on the field by the second half.

It may help UCLA that LA is having a hot summer, but they have never felt anything like the humidity they will run into in Norman.

Tahoe, it's actually a Noon kickoff in Norman but Yes the same thing applies -- extremely humid conditions not to mention a 10 am body clock for the west coast Bruins

You're right, majent.

I guess it's the Fla Atl game that is at 11.

In any case, most of the UCLA guys are going to be introduced to a heat index like they didn't know existed.

With the heat index it will be wilting Speight?

tenor.gif

Well, this line should be about 24.5 to 27.5 I am guessing when it releases....

Forecast is for temperature to be in low 80s, but humidity at 90% with rain possible. We aren't likely to see UCLA players die from the heat, although 90% humidity is enough to make them feel like they want to

Back