• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Tuesday MLB Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday, September 15, 2020

5:40 PM
903Pittsburgh Pirates+1½
+124O 9
904Cincinnati Reds+1 Markets-1½
+145
-134U 9
5:40 PM
905Boston Red Sox+1½
+152O 9
906Miami Marlins-1½
+115
-165U 9
+100
6:10 PM
913Kansas City Royals-1½
+135
-110O 9
914Detroit Tigers+1½
+100U 9
7:10 PM
919Minnesota Twins+1½
+100O 9
920Chicago White Sox+1 Markets-1½
+165
-110U 9
+105
8:40 PM
929Arizona Diamondbacks+1½
+114O 10
930Los Angeles Angels-1½
+140
-124U 10

Tuesday starting pitchers

I want to see what brewers' reaction was when he saw the Brewers score 19 runs in a single game.

Somebody talk me out of Brewers TT under 3' (-115)

after watching lot of yesterday’s double dip I’m having a hard time not simply betting the next 8 games these 2 play under! Lol. Both offenses are so so bad. Yelich struck out 6x in the 2 games and last year we couldn’t get that guy out in milw especially! In fairness to him striking out 6x was about the average for most the guys!! Lol.

Did you happen to catch any of those games? Jfc those were the worst home plate umps I’ve seen maybe ever! Game 1 the guy called balls on several breaking pitches that were clearly strikes but then called strikes on fastballs 3-4 inches off the plate on both sides!! Game 2 freaking everything was being called a strike! Tv guys were saying just keep aiming 6 inches off the plate! As if these offenses need any help sucking! That was painful to watch!! Thank god there were 2 nfl games I could switch to!!

I’m being totally serious, I’ve never seen a unp giving 3 inches on both sides the plate, high strikes, and strikes at the ankles. It was literally impossible to hit.

after watching lot of yesterday’s double dip I’m having a hard time not simply betting the next 8 games these 2 play under! Lol. Both offenses are so so bad. Yelich struck out 6x in the 2 games and last year we couldn’t get that guy out in milw especially! In fairness to him striking out 6x was about the average for most the guys!! Lol.

Did you happen to catch any of those games? Jfc those were the worst home plate umps I’ve seen maybe ever! Game 1 the guy called balls on several breaking pitches that were clearly strikes but then called strikes on fastballs 3-4 inches off the plate on both sides!! Game 2 freaking everything was being called a strike! Tv guys were saying just keep aiming 6 inches off the plate! As if these offenses need any help sucking! That was painful to watch!! Thank god there were 2 nfl games I could switch to!!

I came out of that doubleheader convinced that neither of these teams belongs anywhere near the playoffs. I knew the Brewers had a terrible lineup but I had no idea just how bad the St Louis lineup was.

So brewers can’t hit fastballs and cardinals can’t hit anything other than and not as if they crushing those! Lol

I came out of that doubleheader convinced that neither of these teams belongs anywhere near the playoffs. I knew the Brewers had a terrible lineup but I had no idea just how bad the St Louis lineup was.

Been trying to tell you. At least one of them getting in and if cards get the pen guys healthy their pitching gives them a legit shot the 3 and 5 games series I suppose but the minute they face a legit team it over.

So brewers can’t hit fastballs and cardinals can’t hit anything other than and not as if they crushing those! Lol

It was such a display of offensive ineptitude all night. I think its time for me to stop watching but good luck in your quest for the no hitter tonight.

Been trying to tell you. At least one of them getting in and if cards get the pen guys healthy their pitching gives them a legit shot the 3 and 5 games series I suppose but the minute they face a legit team it over.

Anything can happen in a short series but I don't see you winning a series.

Some incredibly stupid managing by both teams. St Louis blew game one by bringing in that scrub to protect the one run lead and Counsell totally threw away game two not bringing in Rasmussen to protect the lead in the 7th.

Anything can happen in a short series but I don't see you winning a series.

nobody saw us beating the braves last year.. im certainly not trying to say they in any way a threat to win it all or the nl even but their pitching can easily win a series. just depends who they face, id like their chances way better vs braves (cause i dont trust braves pitching) than say the marlins who i think have 2-3 guys that would basically shut us out... no chance vs the doyers or pads.

brewers pen good enough to win a series but can they get to them with a lead? good god that williams kid from my neck of the woods is nasty!! yesterday was 1st time ive seen him this year. that gives them 2 pretty much unhittable guys at the back of the game..

Some incredibly stupid managing by both teams. St Louis blew game one by bringing in that scrub to protect the one run lead and Counsell totally threw away game two not bringing in Rasmussen to protect the lead in the 7th.

what scrub you talking bout in game 1? i told you we had 2 our better righties out the pen go down, we need Hesley to be good, he hasnt been but he has good enough stuff and right now he one our options.. then after he got them in a terrible spot he brought in gomber who no scrub although not sure about using him in that spot or a lefty at all vs milw, problem is we have very few good options after Reyes from the right side right now.. he couldnt use reyes both games so not sure what he shoulda done? i wasnt mad at him for any the moves, with ponce going gm 2 and having not gone past 4 innings all year he had to be prepared with some guys in gm2. that why i leaned over gm1, obviously didnt know the ump was gonna call everything a strike and i thought milw would be able to hit kim. only other thing he really could have done was keep Kim pitching, he has been fantastic btw.

it actually worked out for me since as i said was gonna do a cards chase, much better for me they won gm2 at the fat plus money

nobody saw us beating the braves last year.. im certainly not trying to say they in any way a threat to win it all or the nl even but their pitching can easily win a series. just depends who they face, id like their chances way better vs braves (cause i dont trust braves pitching) than say the marlins who i think have 2-3 guys that would basically shut us out... no chance vs the doyers or pads.

You couldn't score off of Lindblom who hadn't pitched well even once all season. That offense is not much better than the Brewers and this is our worst lineup in at least twenty years.

brewers pen good enough to win a series but can they get to them with a lead? good god that williams kid from my neck of the woods is nasty!! yesterday was 1st time ive seen him this year. that gives them 2 pretty much unhittable guys at the back of the game..

Yeah Williams has been one of the only bright spots on this team and I think Rasmussen has a chance to be good as well. All the more reason to trade Hader.

what scrub you talking bout in game 1? i told you we had 2 our better righties out the pen go down, we need Hesley to be good, he hasnt been but he has good enough stuff and right now he one our options.. then after he got them in a terrible spot he brought in gomber who no scrub although not sure about using him in that spot or a lefty at all vs milw, problem is we have very few good options after Reyes from the right side right now.. he couldnt use reyes both games so not sure what he shoulda done? i wasnt mad at him for any the moves, with ponce going gm 2 and having not gone past 4 innings all year he had to be prepared with some guys in gm2. that why i leaned over gm1, obviously didnt know the ump was gonna call everything a strike and i thought milw would be able to hit kim. only other thing he really could have done was keep Kim pitching, he has been fantastic btw.

It was some guy with over a 7 era and he was hit around pretty good by a high school lineup.

it actually worked out for me since as i said was gonna do a cards chase, much better for me they won gm2 at the fat plus money

The Brewers as a big favorite are automatic fades even if the pitching matchup favors them. They have been shut down by some of the worst pitchers in the league and it seems to happen every night. The offseason that Stearns had was shockingly bad and he is just lucky that the division has become really bad overnight.

You couldn't score off of Lindblom who hadn't pitched well even once all season. That offense is not much better than the Brewers and this is our worst lineup in at least twenty years.

you overreact far to much bud. It baseball, any given night you can be shit on by a scrub or score a bunch off sonny grey (who cards knocked out in less than a inning last week!).

I know the offense isn’t very good, brad Miller hitting cleanup for Christ sakes! I tried telling you weeks ago our lineup wasn’t much better than brewers! They do have speed tho, they have a elite hitter in goldsmidt, and they excel at run prevention.

Yeah Williams has been one of the only bright spots on this team and I think Rasmussen has a chance to be good as well. All the more reason to trade Hader.

williams is freaking sick. after seeing him pitch yesterday I took a gander at his numbers and oh my god!! Dude hasn’t given up anything all year!!

It was some guy with over a 7 era and he was hit around pretty good by a high school lineup.

i know who it was and he has stuff that plays. i know it kinda your thing but wouldn’t you admit worrying about a guys era after 7 innings is a tad over-reactionary? Lol. He gonna have to be better cause as I keep saying we have lost 2 key right handlers out the pen the last week. I’ve seen him be good and again his stuff is above average so not sure what Shildt supposed to do? He has mid to upper 90s heat and generally a nice hook. Even with good pitching depth when you lose your closer and one your key set up guys in a week and you playing a unreal amount of dh’s they gonna have to count on some these “scrubs” Which a strong word. I mean we had to have Tyler Webb close game 2! If anyone a scrub that the guy and he sporting a sub 3 era!

The Brewers as a big favorite are automatic fades even if the pitching matchup favors them. They have been shut down by some of the worst pitchers in the league and it seems to happen every night. The offseason that Stearns had was shockingly bad and he is just lucky that the division has become really bad overnight.

we agree on that. I been autofading brewers a lot when they higher than -150, havnt tracked but I’m sure I’m up doing so, I doubt I’ve played more than half of those tho. lot of teams this year been good fades when they curiously big favs, for some reason halo’s often way bigger favs than they should ever be! Cards kinda in that boat too, just doesn’t seem like they getting that much respect as often.

Seems kinda strange the Ff under is u4.5 +105 in milw! Certainly didn’t expect to see that. Cards have hit lefties surprisingly well this year, shocked me to see they have a collective ops of .860 vs lefties. Thought it had to be a typo!! Problem in this one is I want the Ff under for jack but want game under for brewers pen! If cards pen wasn’t so banged up full game under be way I would go for sure. As is I’m gonna split it between Ff and full game, also played cards Ff -.5.

Gotta like the over in Baltimore again, atl should contribute more to the scoring today.

like the over 9 in seattle with both teams seeing these pitchers for 2nd straight outing.

Royals as dogs worth a play (lean over there as well). Boyd been bad and kc has lot of guys who like hitting him.

pads as dogs makes my card. Statement series!!

Oh yea. And fish -1.5 +120. Breaking rules and laying runs with home teams and even when im not sure be particularly high scoring just to fade sox pitching. Ff -.5 -105 also.

Yet total up over a run now...odd

no shit, didn’t realize it opened lower. I can understand a total below 8 taking some money at wrigley, looks like slight wind blowing out, I wouldn’t do it but assume that all it is. If I play anything it be the ff u4

no shit, didn’t realize it opened lower. I can understand a total below 8 taking some money at wrigley, looks like slight wind blowing out, I wouldn’t do it but assume that all it is. If I play anything it be the ff u4

Yeah - both these pitchers can definitely run into some high pitch counts, which could turn into more pen than we want

Yeah - both these pitchers can definitely run into some high pitch counts, which could turn into more pen than we want

sometimes all those k’s come at a price. Feel like if we can get out the 1st inning without any damage should cruise thru 5.

Duffy missed the charter after reportedly getting in a car accident and got scratched tonight for discipline with Junis replacing him. Brutal cuz i wanted to back KC and it was a perfect time to be against Boyd

Yeah I agree would have been more appealing with Duffy going. I'm taking a shot on Merrifield over 2 h/r/rbi -125.

Good god. I keep waitin for flaherty to look like the guy I expected to compete for the cy young the next 5 years and he not resembling that guy at all!! How the hell he has given up 6 to this milw team who didn’t score that much in 17 innings yesterday where they got a guy put on second to start 3 of them! And they scored 4 total! Yet today they put up 7 in 4 innings and run flaherty from the game?!?!?? Fuck. Really thought flaherty was gonna be a big time ace going forward, suppose we gonna blame the Rona? I hate how Rona being used as a cop out for so many things, I’m not interested In hearing that when it comes to jack! We got plenty of other pitchers pitching fine including a 50 year old waino!! I just don’t get it. Him and walker buehler were the 2 I expected to be neck and neck for Cy Young and both have been disappointing!! Walker been way better than jack tho.

Alcontera wasn’t dominate but he was more than good enough to win going 6 innings and only allowing 1 run. Who the fuxk was that guy Sox threw tonight? He was great then the terrible Sox pen blanked fish for 4 innings to close game. Is this the 1st time Sox have shut anyone out?

I guess the Brewers under didn't quite get there. Expect them to score about 3 runs total the rest of the week.

waino +140 feels like a straight up gift!!! I just feel like the odds he pitches a gem are way better than 50/50. obviously him getting run support might not be a great proposition which makes me like under as well. I played cards +140 and then a stl/mil u6 parlay!!

I guess the Brewers under didn't quite get there. Expect them to score about 3 runs total the rest of the week.

I couldn’t believe they waxed flaherty, I know it happens but jack been nowhere close to the guy I expected to see this year! He needs to turn it around if cards plan on making any noise!!

I couldn’t believe they waxed flaherty, I know it happens but jack been nowhere close to the guy I expected to see this year! He needs to turn it around if cards plan on making any noise!!

I didn't realize it before the game but they have hit him hard before. Makes sense to get no hit by Mills and crush Flaherty. Just my opinion but both of these teams suck.

Back