• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Tua +800 Heisman

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't play an elite defense all year.

And Tua's injuries and Nick's protecting him with the snap count hurts him in this race.

Honestly, I have no dog in the fight....just think it's a fascinating discussion with arguments that can be made for both guys in so many different ways.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but Haskins being in this discussion is a flat out joke. You can't knock Murray's numbers and say they're video game numbers, when Urb is running up the score with late TDs any chance he gets 1. because he's a jerk and 2. because he wants to make his players' stats look better. Haskins shouldn't have even been invited to NY. I'm just not that impressed with him as a player.

If you look at average defensive ranking of opponent, there's not a huge difference between what Tua and Kyler had to play against. Though I don't think OU played a defense as good as Miss St, LSU, AU or UGA. Gross stats don't tell the whole story here because of the opportunity differences. Kyler was also a major part of their run game, while Tua certainly was not. As it stands right now, they have the two most efficient seasons in NCAA history by a significant margin. As I've said, they both are deserving. As a fan, I hope Tua wins it, but if Kyler does, I won't argue and hope it will be used as extra motivation for our team, though I hope we don't need to be searching for motivation in a playoff game.

I see the knock on Tua that he has a better supporting cast, defense, etc, but I don't see anyone bringing up the fact that Kyler is basically doing what Baker did the last 2 years. Maybe it's more Lincoln Riley than the player?

Boras: Kyler Murray will be in camp with A's
10008.jpg

Kyler Murray's agent Scott Boras confirmed Thursday that his client will play baseball.
Murray was selected by the Athletics with the ninth overall pick in the 2018 MLB Draft, but there has been growing speculation that he might try out the NFL after a brilliant 2018 season as the quarterback of the Oklahoma Sooners. "Kyler has every intention of fulfilling his agreement with the A’s and he’s grateful he has had the chance to pursue his college goals," Boras told the San Francisco Chronicle. "He will be in spring training with the A’s." The Heisman Trophy finalist got a $4.66 million signing bonus from Oakland in June and it would have to be paid back in full if he opted to pursue a professional career in football. Murray will be under center for Oklahoma in the College Football Playoff semifinal on December 29 against Alabama.

Boras ain't stupid. They'll both make far more money in baseball than football

Final picks boys - who wins tomorrow? Not concerned with the betting value. I wana know who you think will win.

My vote would be for Tua if I had one but nice to see it actually be interesting for the first time I can remember in some time

Tbh I pretty much gave up on caring about the Heisman ceremony itself about 20 years ago

The Reggie Bush win made the award meaningless and turned it into a popularity contest instead of anything to do with what happens on the field.

Who I think should win = TUA
Who I think will win = Murray

Both are deserving enough.

Final picks boys - who wins tomorrow? Not concerned with the betting value. I wana know who you think will win.
I don't have an opinion anymore, It's such a weird development. But I'd vote for Tua #1. Then Murray, then Christian Wilkins to round out the ballot.

Imagine that, the lead horse the entire season shits the bed in the final game (yes georgia probably a better D than Oklahoma faced all year) while the 2nd horse stays steady the whole season long and folks still wanna give the award to the lead horse completely dismissing a 10/25 performance w 1 td and 2 int's. What's the point of playing all the ganes then and holding the vote? Just send in the vote in October.

"You wanna crown his ass? Crown his ass!!"

I like and respect those of you still saying your vote tua but if I'm biased towards the sooner player you are absolutely biased to the Bama kid.

Let's see what the voters say, who are the only ones who count

Grabbed Kyler -160 on Tuesday. 24u to win 15u to hedge out my 5/40 on Tua

Either risking 29 to win 40 or 29 to win 16. Will happily take it either way.

Personally think Kyler should win. His team needed him a shit ton more than Bama needed Tua, with only 10% of votes in before last week’s games I don’t expect it to really be that tight a final tally honestly.

I like and respect those of you still saying your vote tua but if I'm biased towards the sooner player you are absolutely biased to the Bama kid.

Jesus dude to know me and say I'm biased toward the Bama player lends you to zero credibility. FFS, I think either one are worthy. If I'm a fan of a conference because my team is in it, it's the Big12.

You sound ridiculous in here. I refuse to penalize someone who played so well all season long that he didn't need to play in the 4th quarter. That is ridiculous on its head.

Just hope you don't do something violent if Murray doesn't win it, sounds like it could ruin your night if Tua wins. That's too bad.

KJ I made a blanket statement but don't take it so personal. If the wins I'll be fine. It's actually better for the sooners if tua wins. If kyler wins then bama puts a bigger target on his head lol

Tbh both seem like great guys, and clearly Murray's intelligence is on display by sticking with a sport he can play for 15+ years, Tua will be the 1st pick in the draft after next year most likely...greater success than most Heisman winners already

I am in NO way a BAMA sympathizer. Look at my post over the years and you will see the opposite. Kyler has the fact that he was down to a 3rd string TB. Tua had 3 better TBs than your 1st and a defense, which you cannot debate. I would still give the award to Tua, regardless of the last game. I don’t have a vote, just a fan of the sport. Big 12 defenses are a joke. Add in UCLA, which is worse, and Army, which didn’t deserve to be on the same field as OK, and I will tell you that OK didn’t play but two mediocre defenses (UT and ISU). Put Tua at OK and he does the same. Put Kyler against LSU, MSU, AU, and UGA, and I can’t say the same. Simple as that.

Tbh both seem like great guys, and clearly Murray's intelligence is on display by sticking with a sport he can play for 15+ years, Tua will be the 1st pick in the draft after next year most likely...greater success than most Heisman winners already

To me it looks like all 3 guys are very solid kids. I enjoy watching them all and it's pretty clear their teammates love them too

Majent, as an OU guy...go along with the narrative in this (obviously fictional) scenario.

Heisman can go to one guy...

Baker 2017 season or Kyler 2018 season...who gets the trophy?

Majent, as an OU guy...go along with the narrative in this (obviously fictional) scenario.

Heisman can go to one guy...

Baker 2017 season or Kyler 2018 season...who gets the trophy?

Baker accounted for 48 tot tds last year in 14 games w a decent D taking some pressure off him save for the georgia game.

Kyler has accounted for 51 tds in 13 games so he has 3 more tds in 1 less game. He has also done it w a crap D that has forced him to come from behindmany games. Last, he is one of the most dangerous college football players in recent history due to his ability to beat the defense in two ways. He just puts so much pressure on D coordinators. Texas needed to play a nearly perfect game to beat him while no one else could. Bama D better pack a lunch.

KYLER

At least 13 voters didn’t have Tua on the ballot at all. Interesting

That they sign it Deloitte & Touche LLC should delegitimize any legitimacy this award has left

Won't even put a name with the corp, so sad

Grier with more votes than Minshew is lol funny.

Grats to Kyler. Great season and he is a deserving winner.

Feel bad for Tua, who I would have voted for, but he will be ok.

That's more defensible than the fact that even a single voter put Derrick Henry ahead of D. Watson.

In 2015? Never heard anyone argue Watson over Henry. McCaffrey, sure. Thought Watson got jobbed in 2016 for sure

Grier with more votes than Minshew is lol funny.

Grats to Kyler. Great season and he is a deserving winner.

Feel bad for Tua, who I would have voted for, but he will be ok.

Please explain the grier v minshew pount of view. Grier had a really good season. Wazzu played a horrendous nonconf.

Please explain the grier v minshew pount of view. Grier had a really good season. Wazzu played a horrendous nonconf.

I care about overall schedule. While the schedules as a whole are comparable there isn't much doubt who played the tougher defensive competition and it isn't close. Meaning, I think WVU's schedule as a team was tougher but Minshew faced tougher defenses than Grier did. I don't think that is very debatable.

I could QB in the Big12

I care about overall schedule. While the schedules as a whole are comparable there isn't much doubt who played the tougher defensive competition and it isn't close. Meaning, I think WVU's schedule as a team was tougher but Minshew faced tougher defenses than Grier did. I don't think that is very debatable.

I could QB in the Big12

Then the pros will sniff it out. Right now grier the 3rd rated qb in the 2019 NFL draft. He's skipping the bowl gm which you probably heard. As a whole the Pac 12 nothing special and I think the offenses were pretty weak this year at many schools like ucla, Oregon state, asu, Colorado, etc. I think that made Pac 12 D look better collectively than it probably truly was. I would say the D in the big 12 slightly worse than Pac 12 but not by much. My opinion

Then the pros will sniff it out. Right now grier the 3rd rated qb in the 2019 NFL draft. He's skipping the bowl gm which you probably heard. As a whole the Pac 12 nothing special and I think the offenses were pretty weak this year at many schools like ucla, Oregon state, asu, Colorado, etc. I think that made Pac 12 D look better collectively than it probably truly was. I would say the D in the big 12 slightly worse than Pac 12 but not by much. My opinion

Grier would be drafted higher than Kyler too, so that wouldn't make a good argument in my opinion.

I think the Big12 was better than the Pac12 but only because of the Big12 offensive ability. I think he played against 3 top 20 defenses (statistically, not parsing my opinion in) and Grier none.

I guess I will agree to disagree. It isn't anything I am passionate about, just my opinion. The reality is that Minshew is disregarded because he is viewed as a product of the system .. meanwhile Oklahoma had the two best Quarterbacks/players in the last two years and no one considers the system with them. Whatever. Much like everything else in college football, it is a political award anyway. Award has zero credibility. Imagine comparing Reggie Bush's season versus VY's season and voting for Reggie Bush. The level of ignorance that takes is beyond words and these people voting are supposed to know something about football?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back